1500 w/ book and frostie

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Farva324

1500 w/ book and frostie

#1 Post by Farva324 »

Hey everyone! Going to a friendly tournament this weekend with a bunch of friends, how does this look? AM goes with PG, BSB with helms. I know that the helms aren't large enough/supplemented enough but I didn't know what else to do. Thanks guys!

Lords: (285)
Archmage-Book, Talisman of protection, lvl 4, shadow or high?- 285

Heroes: (149)
Noble- BSB, barded steed, heavy armor, star lance, enchanted shield-149

Core: (458)
10 Archers- 100
5 Reavers- bows only- 85
11 Silver Helms- Shields, Musician, Standard bearer-273

Special: (360)
19 PG- FC, razor standard-360

Rare: (240)
Frostie- 240

Total- 1492
Nicene

Re: 1500 w/ book and frostie

#2 Post by Nicene »

Can't really find any major fault with this list. Make sure you keep your Archmage's deployment flexible; there might be games where he makes more sense in the Archers.

I'd probably choose High over Shadow for this list. I think shadow is better with shooting. WBW will be awesome with your PG, helms, and frostheart. Either lore is okay, though.

I always advocate for lance+strength potion on a mounted hero. It's a lot more flexible. This would also free up 4 points for the Golden Crown, if my math is correct.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=61399]my MSU army list/battle reports[/url]

[quote="Nyeave"]Omg it's a parrot chariot - a parriot... :D[/quote]
pk-ng

#3 Post by pk-ng »

- Way too many point in core.
- Core expenditure is always minimise.
- If you want to go High I would suggest getting at least Talisman of Endurance for your AM (preferably Talisman of Preservation).
- You could try, BSB on Barded Steed - Dragon Armour (must have), Lance, Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone, Potion of Strength OR BSB on Barded Steed - Dragon Armour, Sword of Might, Dawnstone, Enchanted Shield. Depends what you want. Consistent S5 or One off 3S9/3S7. Dragon Armour at least gives you 1 guy/unit 2++ against fire and at least you get a 6++ as well.
- I would suggest getting a Champion on the Helms in the event your BSB doesn't want to accept the challenge.
- If you archers is going to be a back up bunker unit I would suggest a unit of at least 15 with Musician.
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support
empra

#4 Post by empra »

um just quickly you seem to have misplaced five of your archmages points, not a problem as you had eight spare anyhow,my archmages are cowards, and as such sport the talisman of preservation (which could be obtained by dropping bows on reavers, leaving a silver helm at home, and using five of your eight spare points), lore wise I like high over shadow (but it could be partially due to my inability to roll anything other than a 1 on a d3).

list wise i like it, looks solid, with a few decent threats (=

empra