First Time Posting - 2500 Point Star Dragon List.

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

NaturalP

First Time Posting - 2500 Point Star Dragon List.

#1 Post by NaturalP »

Hey guys, I have been reading peoples posts and I really like the community you have developed here. I am returning back to warhammer since the early 2000's and have decided to start up a High Elf army as I am a huge fan of dragons. If anyone can look over my list and give me some pointers let me know. I have put this list together after reading whats on the site and also watching plenty of batreps. Here is it, any feedback would be appreciated.

Lords/Heros

Prince - Star Dragon, Sword of Anti Heroes, Armour of Destiny, Golden Crown of Atrazar, Shield - 623pts

Mage - Level 2 High magic - Dispel Scroll - 145pts with Sea Guard

Noble - BSB - BoTWD Heavy Armour, Shield - 151pts with Sea Guard

Core

3 x Ellyrian Reavers x 5 - 2 units with bow, 1 unit with Spears and Bow - 265pts

Lothern Sea Guard x 28 - Full Command, Shields - 366pts

Special

Dragon Princes x 10 - Full Command, War Banner - 355pts

Phoenix Guard x 20 - Full Command, Razor Banner - 375pts

Rare

Sisters of Avelorn x 10 - High Sister - 150pts

RBT - 70pts

Total Points = 2500pts

Any and all advice is welcome. Thank you.
Andros123

Re: First Time Posting - 2500 Point Star Dragon List.

#2 Post by Andros123 »

Hi and congrats on your first post :D

Regarding your list I see some problems. I guess my first question is: how competitive do you want it to be?
It is like it wants to do different things. You have 2 infantry blocks, one of them can only shoot if it does not march. But at the same time, you have a dragon and some dragon princes, which can be in combat by turn 2. So either you have to wait for your infantry to get into combat or go in unsupported. Neither are optimal.

I think I would drop the seaguard and get some archers instead. I would also be great if you could get a noble in with the dragon princes to make them a more of a threat.
All in all it is very difficult to field a star dragon with both elite cavalry and elite infantry. I think you should choose one of them and then spend the rest of your points on more bolt throwers
NaturalP

#3 Post by NaturalP »

I appreciate the feedback Andros123, I was hoping my list would be very all around. Something to fool around with, but I think you would know better considering I havent been into warhammer in about a decade lol. My biggest concern really in war machines, are reavers the best at taking them out? Or should I put something else in there? Thanks.
Nicene

#4 Post by Nicene »

List looks fine for a beginning player. Got some good variety in there!

Prince's kit is unusual but definitely okay. The list overall could certainly be improved, but it's a good start if you have those models all painted up and good to go.

Star dragon is such a powerful entity that you'll find he'll win you games all on his own.

If you really want to refine it and improve the list, there are lots of things you could do, but if it's for friendly games, I'd say just go for it and have fun!
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=61399]my MSU army list/battle reports[/url]

[quote="Nyeave"]Omg it's a parrot chariot - a parriot... :D[/quote]