2400 Cav/Dragon List.

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

SteVieBizzLe

2400 Cav/Dragon List.

#1 Post by SteVieBizzLe »

Trying out a new approach to my usual style of running high elves, going to a small 1 day tournament at the end of this month. Wanting to try this list to see how it performs.

==Lords==

Prince - 600
-Star Lance
-Charmed Shield
-Golden Crown
-Potion of Foolhardiness
-Dragon Armour
-Star Dragon

==Heroes==

Mage - 155
-Lvl 2 High
-Dispel Scroll
-Steed

Mage - 165
-Lvl 2 High
-Crown of Command
-Steed

Noble - 172
-BSB
-Barded Steed
-Heavy Armour
-Shield
-Lance
-Banner of the World Dragon

Noble - 105
-Barded Steed
-Heavy Armour
-Enchanted Shield
-Lance
-Ironcurse Icon

==Core==

14 Silver Helms - 352
-Full Command
-Shields

5 Reavers - 90
-Musician

5 Reavers - 90
-Musician

5 Reavers - 90
-Musician

==Rare==

Frostheart Phoenix - 240

Frostheart Phoenix - 240

Eagle - 50

Eagle - 50

Total Points: 2399

Dragon and frosties smash the hard stuff, the cavbus actually plays more of a supporting role in this list, hanging back and providing magic and counter charges late on.

Let me know what you think.
sandstorm

Re: 2400 Cav/Dragon List.

#2 Post by sandstorm »

SteVieBizzLe wrote:Trying out a new approach to my usual style of running high elves, going to a small 1 day tournament at the end of this month. Wanting to try this list to see how it performs.

==Lords==

Prince - 599
-Halberd
-Star Lance
-Charmed Shield
-Golden Crown
-OTS
-Star Dragon

==Heroes==

Mage - 155
-Lvl 2 High
-Dispel Scroll
-Steed

Mage - 165
-Lvl 2 High
-Crown of Command
-Steed

Noble - 178
-BSB
-Barded Steed
-Dragon Armour
-Shield
-Lance
-Banner of the World Dragon

Noble - 100
-Barded Steed
-Heavy Armour
-Enchanted Shield
-Lance

==Core==

14 Silver Helms - 352
-Full Command
-Shields

5 Silver Helms - 135
-Standard, Champion
-Shields

5 Silver Helms - 135
-Standard, Champion
-Shields

==Rare==

Frostheart Phoenix - 240

Frostheart Phoenix - 240

Eagle - 50

Eagle - 50

Total Points: 2399

Dragon and frosties smash the hard stuff, the cavbus actually plays more of a supporting role in this list, hanging back and providing magic and counter charges late on.

Let me know what you think.
The Star Dragon needs the OTS, it takes him to the next level. The Halberd gives S5 to the prince so that he can grind along with the Dragon, your first hit suffered is still stopped by charmed shield even when holding a halberd FYI. I really like your hero setup, crown of command gives you many tactical options. I like the ironcurse icon and understand that it stacks with high magic, but I would personally prefer dragon armour on the BSB. He can easily have a 4++ ward this way and imo your 278 point rerolls and botwd caddy is more worth protecting then silver helms. Everything in your list needs to be designed around the dragon, as such you need challenge eaters that won't give up res. 2x5 Silver Helms with champs in core instead of the 3x5 reavers allows you to stop challenge blocking. The standards are simply there so they don't give up that res. If you really need to, the Helms can be used as chaff anyway, but you shouldn't have to.

Use those Great Eagles to screen the dragon, and against pure cannon spam lists don't be afraid to screen the dragon with Frosthearts. Losing a 240 point monster sucks, but losing a 700 point monster is way worse. At first I was hesitant to do this but it is really worthwhile.

Cheers
SteVieBizzLe

#3 Post by SteVieBizzLe »

Thanks for the feedback, i actually really like your tweaks! I will be sure to give them all a try.

Now i need to buy some more silver helms, thanks for that...... :wink:
Nicene

#4 Post by Nicene »

Not all tournaments allow Charmed Shield use with a 2h weapon in close combat. Better check with the TO
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=61399]my MSU army list/battle reports[/url]

[quote="Nyeave"]Omg it's a parrot chariot - a parriot... :D[/quote]