Best 1000 points list

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Asuryan_

Best 1000 points list

#1 Post by Asuryan_ »

Hi guys!

I'm a long time reader, quite experienced player, and begginer poster in this forum haha

It will be a 5 batlle 1000 points tourney in mi city and I'm trying to design the best possible lists at that points.

I know its impossible 'cause every army list is better or worse depends on the army you're facing, and my lists are all different, but trying to get some feedback:

List nº 1 - 995 pts (AGRESSIVE LIST)

Loremaster + Shield of the Merwym + Warrior Bane. 250 pts

2x5 Ellyrion swap for bows. 170 pts
1x5 Ellyrion. 80 pts

15 WLions +Banner + BotWD. 255 pts

1 Frostheart. 240 pts

---------------------------------------------

List nº 2 - 996 pts (COUNTERCHARGE LIST)

3x5 Ellyrion swap for bows. 255 ptos

17 Swordmasters + Banner + BotWD. 281 pts

3 Bolt Thrower. 210 pts

----------------------------------------

List nº 3 - 997 pts (GUNLINE COUNTERCHARGE)

24 Archers + Banner. 250 pts

19 WLions + Banner + BotWD. 307 pts

2x Bolt Thrower. 140 pts

1 GEagle. 50 pts

---------------------------------------------

List nº 4 - 995 points (GUNLINE COUNTERCHARGE)

2x5 Ellyrion change for bows. 170 pts

10 Archers + Banner. 110 pts

15 WLions +Banner + BotWD. 255 pts

3 x Bolt Thrower. 210

---------------------

The deals are:

Frostheart vs Bolt Thrower (Monster against infantry blocks VS board control and great damage at range)
WLions vs Swordmasters (Stubborn S6 VS Tons of S5 attaks when casualties starts)
EReavers Vs Archers (Mobile Shooting VS Standing shooting and more bows)

LOREMASTER is the MASTER of all Wizards on 1000 points, so there is no discussion there.

What do you think about the listS?
mcmulligan

Re: Best 1000 points list

#2 Post by mcmulligan »

I wouldn't bring a frostheart at 1k, you sacrifice too much from the rest of your army and none of your lists are really taking advantage of it anyway.
PGP

#3 Post by PGP »

How about a list to learn the game...

Lvl3 high, magic items (like crown of alc and iron curse icon)
13ish archers, mus
5 helms, shields
18ish lions, mus, pendant banner
Tiranoc chariot
Eagle
Bolter
5 sisters

I think, if you play this right you have a chance of winning every 1k list there are.
Asuryan_

#4 Post by Asuryan_ »

Hi,

Thank you for your responses.

I'm not a begginer in the game, althought I'm not a PRO player, but I attended to some tourneys, local, anything fancy, and I managed to won 1, and in the others I placed always top 5 (tourneys from 2.000 to 2.999 points that are very frequent here).

1000 is a point game that I never played and the people that built up this tourney thought that 5 batlles at 1.000 point would be very nice for a day.

When talking about 1K point lists the people often considers that the lists will be fluffy, let me remember you some lists I think I could fight against:

DE: 2x Warkloks, 4 BT, 2x Dark Riders, Pegasus
WoC: DPrince, 2x Chariots, 1x Chimera, 3x Skullcrushers
Daemons: DPrince, 25 Plaguebearers, 4 NurgleBeast, Khorne Cannon/4 Nurgle Fly Beasts
Ogres: Ironguts, 2x3 Mournfangs, Ironblaster
Dwarfs: 25 Longbeards, 4 Girocopters, 2 Organ Cannon

Etc... etc...

I don't like the sisters by 5, they cannot move and shot, and only 24UM range of shooting... With the Handmaiden OK, but I don't play them alone.

I will test 2 of the lists this week and see how they works.

Anyway thank you for your comments. ;)
PadForce

#5 Post by PadForce »

I always enjoy skirmish games.. I like the additional buy-in you get with your units because each one is so important at that level.

How about something shooty and standoffish:

Archmage lvl 4, Shadow, Crown, 230

24 Archers, Musician, 250

19 Pheonix Guard, Champion, Standard, Gleaming Pennant, 310

3 Bolt throwers, 210

Ideal spells would be Miasma, Withering, Pit and Mindrazor. You sit back, dropping pits and withering units then shooting them to pieces. Hopefully by the time they get to you its enough to be anvil-ed on your PG and then flank charged by the archers. Obviously if you get a single mindrazor off in combat it should be game over, archers being only a slightly worse target for it.

On those lists you laid out there are a lot of targets for bolt throwers!
Asuryan_

#6 Post by Asuryan_ »

Hi Padforce,

Finally I'm going with the following list (I've tested 4 times):

FINAL LIST

2x5 Ellyrion change for bows. 170 pts

10 Archers + Banner. 110 pts

15 SMasters +Banner + BotWD. 255 pts

3 x Bolt Thrower. 210

--------------------------

I really like the list, it's very versatile and works very well on every game phase.

It has an AMAZING magic phase, I adore the Loremaster at that points, you have tons of brutal spells: 3d6 Fireball + Spirit Leach in the same phase is common, or Searing Doom + Miasma, or Shem Gaze + Earth Blood, I mean, you have solutions for every moment, its awesome and the Loremaster can win by itself, the whole match at 1000 points.

The archers do his job every game decimating some stuff and going to some combat with good results if you know what to attack, because lots of opponents don't consider them in combat.

Bolt throwers are pretty nasty at that points, and Swordmasters also shine. They delivers tons of attacks and with the support of the Loremaster they perform very well.

Talking about your list Padforce, I think it's a good list, I've played A LOT the PGuard with Shadow Archmage and it works like wonders. It a very good combination, and Mindrazor and Withering are absolut gamewinners. But, I also like to play other things and this time I'm going confident with the Loremaster + Swordmasters.

When you play the Loremaster and the magic phase comes, your rival goes nuts with that huge spell options.

I tested the list with WLions and FrostPhoenix, and it worked, but I prefer the bolt throwers at this points because of cavalry, board control and multitargeting. FrostPhoenix sucks hard VS cavalry and when you only play 1, it's easy for your opponent to let it down and pick up 240 points.

See ya!
PadForce

#7 Post by PadForce »

We'll good luck, please let us know how it goes! I love the lore master as we'll.. But most typically with the book of hoeth. I have run him with with just the crown before in a 1200 list and he did a fair job.

Personally I am worried about a 15 man unit of SMs.. Any bow fire and they will fall to pieces. As you say thought you have played a lot with PG so if you are looking for a change it will be interesting to see how it goes!

Cheers
Taentagel

#8 Post by Taentagel »

At 1000pts a double soul quench mage is more than enough for a good magic phase.

Take a level 2 and you will always, and I mean always, get a good second spell. I have even found Tempest to do it's fair share in a few games. The ward save is also a nice bonus, 3++ on PG is amazing.

The points saved will let you get a unit of reavers or helms to use as redirectors.
Modelling Blog - [url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=60651url]Caledor Rising[/url]
Army Blog - [url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=61967url]Caledor Marches[/url]
Asuryan_

#9 Post by Asuryan_ »

ahaha Hey guys!

I managed to won the TOURNEY!!! OU YEAHHH!!

The games were:

G1 vs Lizardmen. DRAW 15-15
G2 vs Dwarfs. MASSACRE VICTORY 30 - 0
G3 vs HElves. MASSACRE VICTORY 30 - 0
G4 vs Dwarfs. MASSACRE VICTORY 30 - 0
G5 vs VCounts. DRAW 15 -15

That was my rooster. Loremaster performed just baddassss!!:

In match 1 Spirit Leech to put 3 wounds on a Stegadon
In match 2 Miasma to put 20 Dwarfs Quarrelers on Ballistic Skills 1!!! and force them to move
In match 3 Searing Doom destroyed Eagle Noble with Starlance on turn 1, plus Wyssan and Earthblood on a decisive combat
In match 4 Searing Doom destroyed Gyrocopter on turn 1
In match 5 Spirit Leech killed Master Necromancer on turn 3 (almost killed on turn 1, but just 2 wounds)

and the Bolt thrower just did the job VERY WELL

In match 1 they killed 3 Lizardmend cold bloods
In match 2 they turn to pieces 4 GYROCOPTERS, 4!!!
In match 3 they erradicate a Frostheart phoenix and a 20 Seaguard unit
In match 4 they turn to pieces again 2 Gyrocopters
In match 5 vs VCounts they didn't do anything significant because Master Necromancer was Neheking 2x magic phase

If you understand spanish, here you can read the full report:

http://www.warhammerfantasy.es/foro/vie ... 480#p40480

That green dwarf in a Golden Cage was the trophy. The second obtained a Silver Cage and the third a Bronze Cage.

A dwarf painted green in a cage is all that I want ahahaha

Nice tourney and a great day. Cheers!
Nicene

#10 Post by Nicene »

Awesome!

Yes, i love the Loremaster too. Definitely the most fun magic phase, in my opinion.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=61399]my MSU army list/battle reports[/url]

[quote="Nyeave"]Omg it's a parrot chariot - a parriot... :D[/quote]