First game.

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

muz

First game.

#1 Post by muz »

Hey guys. I have finally finished building my army and have my first game coming up in a couple of weeks. I will likely be playing dark elves. Or maybe vc. Anyway some advice as to what lust I should use would be great. Points will be 1500.

My army options are:
20 sea guard.
20 Spears
20 archers
17 sword masters
10 reavers
2 lords in griffin
2 mages
1 lion chariot
1 bolt thrower
John Rainbow

Re: First game.

#2 Post by John Rainbow »

If this is your first game I wouldn't worry too much about what you take - you need to get the rules down first!

To that end I would take units that mean you can take part in each phase of the game i.e. you want a mage and some shooty units too. I would look at something like an Archmage, some LSG, Reavers & Archers in core and then the Sword Masters and the RBT to start with for this. You could even use the chariot and griffon if you like. I would say just choose stuff you think is fun as that will incentivise you to learn!
muz

Re: First game.

#3 Post by muz »

John Rainbow wrote:If this is your first game I wouldn't worry too much about what you take - you need to get the rules down first!

To that end I would take units that mean you can take part in each phase of the game i.e. you want a mage and some shooty units too. I would look at something like an Archmage, some LSG, Reavers & Archers in core and then the Sword Masters and the RBT to start with for this. You could even use the chariot and griffon if you like. I would say just choose stuff you think is fun as that will incentivise you to learn!

Thanks john. That was pretty much what I had been thinking. Will see what I can fit in to try a bit of each stage and a variety of rules