Tyrion birds and knights.

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Browncastle

Tyrion birds and knights.

#1 Post by Browncastle »

Hey what do you proud People of ulthuan, say to this list?

Highelves 2400p (No Comp)

Tyrion

Noble BSB
Crown of command, golden Crown, charmedshield, lion cloak Heavy armour, bardedsteed, lance

Mage, lvl2(high or life)
dispelscroll, khains ring

Mage, lvl2(High)
forbidden rod

10 Silverhelms
FCG, Shields

5 Reavers, bows

5 Reavers, bows

5 Reavers, SnB

5 Reavers, SnB

8 DragonPrinces
FCG, BotWD, chp; ogreblade, enchanted Shield

Frost Phoenix

Frost Phoenix

(2376p)
[url]http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=41281[/url]
John Rainbow

Re: Tyrion birds and knights.

#2 Post by John Rainbow »

Mages need to be on horses otherwise you are in trouble there. BSB needs to be more choppy. I don't like not having a level 4 at anything above 1500 points.
Ferny
9th Age Moderator

#3 Post by Ferny »

John Rainbow wrote:Mages need to be on horses otherwise you are in trouble there. BSB needs to be more choppy. I don't like not having a level 4 at anything above 1500 points.
It's not quite to my taste (mostly Tyrion - any particular reason for him over regular prince?)...but the DP champ has ogre blade for more choppy and while I would also default to a Lv4/loremaster, Curu's been having some success with dual high (a lore which mitigates the level gap a little), so I think it's more or less got answers to the questions you raise.

That said, if the crown of command could go on a wizard (e.g. just 15pt magic arcana, scepter of stability?), then it frees up the noble for something choppier if that were desired.
The 9th Age: Alumni

Former Roles: Advisory Board, HR, Moderator and Highborn Elves Army Support
NexS

#4 Post by NexS »

I'd say Tyrion isn't too bad. He has WS9, S4, W4, 1+/4++/2++(+), effectively a Giant blade with a dragon breath weapon and can now get LoS. 18" LD10 bubble is nice. I don't think he's a bad choice.
If i were to change anything, I'd buy 4 more silverhelms to truly bus Tyrion and BSB into the units you want dead and the following character changes:
(1)Noble BSB
Star Lance, Golden Crown, enchanted shield, Dragon armour, bardedsteed

(2)Mage, lvl2(high or life)
dispelscroll, khains ring

(3)Mage, lvl2(High)
Crown of Command
That way, you can deploy SH (Tyrion, 1, and 3 in the SH, number 2 in the princes) 6x wide and leave you mage in the second rank and have a stubborn SH bus (I think Curu does something like this, and it worked for me my last game vs dark elves)
Regards,
Brad
------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53518&start=0]Visit The Nexs-Files Conversion/Painting Log[/url]
Browncastle

#5 Post by Browncastle »

Hey late reply, been super busy painting. I like the suggestions, Crown on mage seams reasonal. Ill probly get to test this list on Friday, and saturday its tournament time, but Ive trained up to this tourny With whitelions and sisters so I most In clined to og With them. But I just realised that there will be abundance of other elves at this tourny. So might be better to go mounted, I dont really know. To Field a unusual list might do better?
Browncastle

#6 Post by Browncastle »

Im also inclined to drop dragon princes boost helms a bit and og for 1 mage and 3 nobles 2 eagles and 2 x 5 shadow Warriors, to have a super mobile hard hitting army, bomb rush that fool. With so many redirectors warmachine/mage Hunters, There wont be many turns for Magic to do enough damage
John Rainbow

#7 Post by John Rainbow »

My point about the mages was because right not everything is mounted except them so where are they going to go? They need to be in a unit for protection.
Browncastle

#8 Post by Browncastle »

Hey sry missed that comment, they were mounted. I droped this list prior to the tournament, I didnt find the right way to play it. But I had 2 games vs skaven this week, With giantfanatic(.dk) comp. I managed a minor loss and a Draw. Not Perfect but I found out that tyrion does best on his own, atleast at the right time. Had him along a dragonmage, I can tell you dragon mage With sunfire gem and flaming sword of rhuin, cast on tyrion will soften up a skaven army. to bad that he had a assassin With weping blade. But this was my first Draw With HE against skaven.

It has really helped knowing how to Railroad those random movers. I also got a game today, where I played skaven vs WoC, pulled out a minor win, but he had me on my toes for a round or two. by the way, never charge expensive units into slaves.