First 1500 point High Elves List

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Seventh Kingdom

Re: First 1500 point High Elves List

#1 Post by Seventh Kingdom »

What lore of magic do you intend to use? If you mean to use high magic, I recommend you take the 4++ off and make it a 5++ instead and give a magic sword on the bsb. I think a 4+ ward is a bit overkill thanks to the shield of saphery, but it depends on whether you take high magic or not obviously
" The nights grow long and yet evil never sleeps, and so neither can the champions of justice."
- Sir Keven, Champion of the lady
NHB

#2 Post by NHB »

Not a single bow? mhhhh

Maybe I would switch the 5 Silver Helms to Reavers and drop a few WLs to at least get 10 archers in.

or maybe even Maidens.
Kalaim

#3 Post by Kalaim »

I see a lot of Empire in this HE list :lol: . I noticed the points for your Noble + AM are exact. Our nobles don't come pre-kitted out, you'd be running him with light armor and a shield with a hand weapon. I think you're going to want to give him a magical sword or at the least heavy armor.

It looks like you intend to run the AM in the PG as a bunker and I would suggest against this. Once the PG get into combat, that combat usually lasts for a very long while and the AM will probably die if he only has the 4++ save. It also can make casting spells a bit difficult as there may not be a good way to get off spells, especially if you are going with a lore like High magic. A lot of those spells are hard to use in CC. If you're not going to get into combat with the unit, that amount of PG sitting idly is a lot of potential going to waste.

Running all core cavalry in a non cav list seems a bit odd to me. You have three very strong blocks but no way to shoot down chaff or kill lone units. I'd say cutting at least one of the SH and taking some archers would be beneficial. If you're going to use the unit of 5 SH as a flank protector/march blocker, you're probably better off going reavers. They're cheaper and can at least shoot.

I ran the same two elite infantry units my last two games except I ran them 20-21 so that I could make use of BotWD and the Razor banner. Having AP on the PG for me has been huge and well worth the 3 less models I had as I didn't get all those attacks anyway. I ran both 7x3. BotWD I had on the WL with my Loremaster in there and it's helped so much against miscast, snipes, and once saved my WL from getting wrecked by 7-8 attacks from heroes or lords. If you're not using BotWD because you think it is cheesy or overpowered that's one thing, but if you're running it because you think it isn't worth the 3 or so extra bodies you can field, I'd suggest giving it a try first.

All in all I agree with what has been said already. I think you need some bow shots, at least 10-15 and that would also be a perfect place for your AM. At 1500 pts I don't think you need 23 and 25 Elite infantry. I can see that this would be a very fast march across the field and depending on your lore choice could be a fun way to play, but I'd definitely upgrade the AM to lvl 4 and give more protection to the BSB while adding at least some range in there.
NHB

#4 Post by NHB »

Ok looks goods.

The seaguard could need a musician, to be able to swift reform and take out fast cav on flanks.

Maybe drop the standard from the Silver Helms?

Which lore do you plan on taking?
Seventh Kingdom

#5 Post by Seventh Kingdom »

sandstorm wrote:I plan on taking high magic(being an empire player I've been playing all of the lores for a while), and if high magic doesn't work for me I will run shadow. Yes, I will chuck a musician on the sea guard.
If you're planning on taking high magic, I reinforce my earlier point of taking the talisman of endurance, as the shield of saphery rule will mean your ward will be at 3++ often on the wizard anyway, and use the remaining points on something else, like the musician for the sea guard
" The nights grow long and yet evil never sleeps, and so neither can the champions of justice."
- Sir Keven, Champion of the lady
NHB

#6 Post by NHB »

Seventh Kingdom wrote:
sandstorm wrote:I plan on taking high magic(being an empire player I've been playing all of the lores for a while), and if high magic doesn't work for me I will run shadow. Yes, I will chuck a musician on the sea guard.
If you're planning on taking high magic, I reinforce my earlier point of taking the talisman of endurance, as the shield of saphery rule will mean your ward will be at 3++ often on the wizard anyway, and use the remaining points on something else, like the musician for the sea guard

i agree with this.

This is a decent list I think. Give it a few battles and see how it goes. later you can play around a little more. Drop lions bring Phoenix. And so on.