2500 Points HE Final Campaign List

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Aerethan

2500 Points HE Final Campaign List

#1 Post by Aerethan »

My wife and I will be playing a Blighted Isle campaign soon, and I wanted some input on the various lists.

Here we have the final list at 2500 points. Strategy is pretty straightforward for HE. Archmage with the Guard, BSB with Spearmen. SM and DP's for high priority targets.

Archmage, Lv4, Lore of Life, Silver Wand, Talisman of Saphery, Folariaths Robe 350
Noble, BSB, Armor of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix, Great Weapon 168
Mage, Lv2, Dispel Scroll, High Magic 155
25 Spearmen, Command, Banner of Eternal Flame 260
10 Archers, Musician 115
25 Spearmen, Command 250
5 Dragon Princes, Musician 160
14 Swordmasters, Command, Ironcurse Icon 245
14 Swordmasters, Command, Banner of Swiftness 255
24 Phoenix Guard, Command, Banner of Sorcery 440
1 Great Eagle 50
1 Great Eagle 50
2498 total

Criticism always welcome
[img]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/drummerpunk7/Signature.jpg[/img]
Tarval

Re: 2500 Points HE Final Campaign List

#2 Post by Tarval »

Archmage, Lv4, Lore of Life, Silver Wand, Talisman of Saphery, Folariaths Robe 350

I have played a lot of games and with my AM I just find the Talisman of Saphery is something I can do with out. You have a lot of foot troops and setting up combat so that you can move your AM from unit to unit will allow your AM to stay out of harms way. I have been using my AM as a caster/unit locker. If you can keep the BSB close, you can lock something up in combat for the remainder of the game. That is if your able to assist and keep that the battle area so that other units can not engage him.

Noble, BSB, Armor of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix, Great Weapon 168

Simple standard set up, but of late I have been thinking about changing his gear.

Mage, Lv2, Dispel Scroll, High Magic 155

I guess for your list this is a good Buy. Its just that your AM is going to be eating up a lot of dice...

Eagles are solid as find 2500 point list really only need two.

I would opp for the banner with reroll, for the life of me I can not find my book or remember. The reason I say this is because it allows you to really stick a unit on the far outside and get a deep threat flank. I dont really see that many people that work that roll. That is with foot soliders.