Elithmar's Army Blog

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

Elithmar's Army Blog

#1 Post by Elithmar »

Welcome to my army blog. Here you will find my attempts to master the High Elves army. I also play quite a lot of my games at my local Games Workshop, and I can only field 1000-1500pts, so a fair number of my reports are at 1k or more recently 1.5k. However, my online battles are usually 2.5k. Here's my current 2.5k list:

Current (Updated 4.2.13)
Prince, Barded Elven Steed, Heavy Armour, Great Weapon, Shield, Dragonhelm, Vambraces of Defence
Level 4 Heavens Mage, Sigil of Asuryan, Talisman of Preservation
Noble, Battle Standard Bearer, Great Weapon, Armour of Caledor, Dawnstone
30 Spearelves, Full Command, Gleaming Pennant
15 Archers, Hawkeye, Musician
10 Archers, Hawkeye, Musician
14 Sword Masters of Hoeth, Bladelord, Musician, Talisman of Loec
24 Phoenix Guard, Full Command, The Skeinsliver
9 Silver Helms, Shields, Full Command
Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower
Great Eagle
Great Eagle
Last edited by Elithmar on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 44 times in total.
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

Re: Elithmar of Lothern - Chariot Prince (Escalation List, 1000)

#2 Post by Elithmar »

1000pts battle vs Orcs and Goblins

My list:

Hero
Level 2 Mage, High Magic (Imahil), Flames of the Phoenix, Shield of Saphery, Drain Magic

Core
20 Lothern Sea Guard, FC, Shields

Special
10 Swordmasters of Hoeth, FC, Ironcurse Icon

5 Dragon Princes of Caledor, Mus, St, Banner of Ellyrion (Sea Dragon Paladins)

Rare
2 Eagle Claw Bolt Throwers (The Death Bringers)

His list:

Lord
Level 4 Goblin Great Shaman, Ironcurse Icon, Spells of da Little Waaagh!:1,4,5,6

Core
30 Night Goblins, 3 Fanatics, Shields, Spears, FC

5 Wolf Riders, Spears, St

Special
12 Squig hoppers

5 Trolls

2 Goblin Spear Chukkas

Rare
2 Mangler Squigs

Doom Diver

Deployment

I won the roll off for sides and picked the bottom, so that I wouldn’t have to turn all off my units around. Possibly not the best way to pick sides, but I always do it. I also had to deploy first. My plan originally had been to use a refused flank, but this was made near impossible by the fact that he had more drops. The forest that the Sea Dragon Paladins were in was a Fungus Forest. He started.

O&G Turn 1

The goblins on wolves surged forward ahead of the army, only to stop half way to the Asur lines and begin bickering. Imahil watched them and assured himself that the might of the Asur, the defenders of Ulthuan, could easily crush lesser beings that bickered in battle. However, he was taken by surprise when the usually dim-witted trolls managed to obey orders and advance toward him. Ah well, they would die just the same.

The Mangler Squigs eagerly hopped toward the noble Sea Dragon Paladins, drooling. The rest of the army advanced tentatively.

The Goblin Shaman harnessed the Winds of Magic to try and cast Gork Will Fix It on the left Eagle Claw. He duly did so, but went on to fail his next spell.

One of the highly (in)accurate bolt throwers sent a huge bolt at the Sea Dragon Paladins, which would surely impale one and… oh, yeah, it missed. The other one misfired (can they do that?) but could fire again next turn. The unusual contraption at the back of the army fired a goblin attached to makeshift wings from it, but the wind whisked him off target, slaying three of the Swordmasters. They were made of stern stuff though, and held their ground.

HE Turn 1

The Paladins on the left flank regarded the mushrooms in the forest suspiciously. Deciding against eating them, they sallied forth from the wood. “Forward!” Imahil cried to the Swordmasters, who then advanced upon the quickly closing enemy lines.

The Winds of Magic blew fairly strong, and he was just calling forth the cleansing Flames of the Phoenix onto the wolf riders when he felt a strong surge of magic against him, preventing him from completing the incantation. However, he did manage to protect the left Eagle Claw with a magical shield.

Both Bolt Throwers sent a hail of bolts at the trolls, but only killed one between them. The Sea Guard fired upon them too, but only managed another wound.

O&G Turn 2

The whole Goblin host managed to obey orders this turn, a rare feat. A Mangler launched itself at the Sea Dragons on the left, and killed every last one. The second Mangler killed all but the champion in the Swordmaster unit, who fled for the hills. He would not rally.

The rest of the army advanced.

The Goblin wizard, confident in his meagre powers, attempted to cast Curse of Da Bad Moon. He needed 28, and got 27! (Phew)

The Goblin-launching-contraption fired at the right Eagle Claw, destroying it. The remainders of the Asur stood their ground however.

HE Turn 2

Imahil, desperate to stop these little green idiots, drew on all the power he could find and cast the Flames of the Phoenix on the squig hoppers, killing seven. He cast it with such power that he subsequently forgot all he knew about magic, and perhaps his name.

The remaining Eagle Claw wounded a troll, whilst the Sea Guard managed to wound them an impressive four times.

O&G Turn 3

The wolf riders couldn’t stand the temptation, and charged into the flank of the Sea Guard. The trolls stumbled forward, not doing much besides picking dandelions. The rest of the army besides the war machines advanced.

The shaman cast Vindictive Glare on the Eagle Claw Death Bringer, but I rolled a triple six! He then cast the un-boosted version of Curse of Da Bad Moon, which killed a handful of models on both sides.

In the mêlée between the Sea Guard and the wolf riders, two riders fell and the remainder caused Imahil a deep wound to his arm. The Sea Guard, desperate to save their commander, fled from the wolves and just managed to escape the jabbing blades.

HE Turn 3

They then turned to face the charge that would ensue. The last Samurai (or Swordmaster) ran into a Mangler Squig – don’t try this at home!

O&G Turn 4 - End of Game

The trolls barrelled towards the remaining elves, who stood stubbornly to accept the charge. Their bows pierced the flesh of the trolls twice, but it quickly healed again.

The Goblin Shaman cast Night Shroud, and Gork Will Fix It on the Sea Guard.

We forgot about the fear test at first, and had a lot of confusion over lots of dice rolls. After a couple of minutes trying to work out what they all meant, we started again. The Sea Guard only wounded the trolls once, and five fell in return. The exhausted Asur finally routed, to be run down by the trolls.

I like to think that Imahil escaped, and is now in the Tower of Hoeth trying to relearn all of his spells.

I’ve never played O&Gs with the proper rules before (my brother never got the army book), but that’s no excuse. So why did I lose?

Well, my left flank crumbled early on, spelling doom for the Asur. That’s about it, apart from the fact that my deployment wasn’t really up to scratch and I’m not happy with my list. Suffice to say, I’ve changed it:

Hero
Level 2 Mage, Lore of (Beasts? High Magic?), Seerstaff of Saphery, Amulet of Light, Dragonbane Gem (Imahil the Inept)

Core
27 Spearelves, FC, Gleaming Pennant

10 Archers, FC, Banner of Eternal Flame

Special
10 Swormasters of Hoeth, FC, Talisman of Loec, Ironcurse Icon, Lichebone Pennant

10 White Lions of Chrace, St, Lion Standard

I’m not too happy about all of the command choices and magic items, but you can decide about that.

Comments, criticisms, suggestions and accusations all welcome
FateWeaver

#3 Post by FateWeaver »

I'm pretty certain you don't roll artillery dice for bolt throwers, therefore it can't misfire.

As for your list, I would really suggest bring down the points on core, and instead try spending your points on bringing up the number of SM and WL.
FateWeaver

#4 Post by FateWeaver »

I'm pretty certain you don't roll artillery dice for bolt throwers, therefore it can't misfire.

As for your list, I would really suggest bring down the points on core, and instead try spending your points on bringing up the number of SM and WL.
Sturen

#5 Post by Sturen »

A Mangler launched itself at the Sea Dragons on the left, and killed every last one. The second Mangler killed all but the champion in the Swordmaster unit, who fled for the hills.
All I could think was: eagles!
If you land on them they are destroyed, right? Or is it the other way around. Either way, I can see an eagle or two (or three) being helpful.
My Log - guaranteed to make your day 127% more awesome!

Also find me on Instagram: @battlestones
dabber
Tactician

#6 Post by dabber »

Elithmar of Lothern wrote:So why did I lose?
Because you didn't stop the Manglers. Kill those first, above anything else, because their damage if they reach you is far higher than anything else in the enemy army.

There was no reason to put your RBTs so close to each other, or so close to the enemy. Put them on the table edge and spread them out more.

I agree that your new list has too many magic items.

I really disagree with Seerstaff on a lonely level 2. Just take Silver Wand and a lore with lots of decent spells (Shadow) and cast what you get. Seerstaff is even more a waste when you don't know what spells to pick instantly. You should be thinking of the specific spells you want, and then realizing Seerstaff will get them. It looks like you are considering Seerstaff a good item, and picking it because you think it is good, not because you have a specific purpose in mind.
Amulet of Light really isn't necessary. Dragonbane Gem is okay to spend your last 5 points, but not something to generally take.

Only one core unit can have a magic banner, so one has to go. I don't think flaming attacks on just 10 archers is worthwhile. You need more archers to make that banner matter.
At 1000 points you have spent far beyond the required core, and that is not a good idea. I suggest sticking with pure archers (proxy sea guard models to up the numbers).

The magic items on the Swordmasters and White Lions aren't that important. More guys would be better.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#7 Post by Elithmar »

dabber, as I say, I've never played O&G properly before. I had no idea that manglers were so devastating, or even what they were!

Concerning the list, I'm already writing a new one. I realised that only one core unit can have a magic banner earlier, but haven't got round to changing my list yet. I'm getting more elites, and scrapping the dragonbane gem. This was only there to use up the points.

I think the Amulet of Light might be useful - what if I can't kill the ethereal units with magic? And I like the Seerstaff, because I'm very particular about what spells I get.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#8 Post by SpellArcher »

O&G are a very good reason for taking shooting in an all-comers list. It's quite common to see not just those Manglers but also Pump Wagons and multiple Wolf Chariots which are best shot.

I really think making your mage level three is a good idea. Yes it's costly but he gives you a lot of plusses.
PGP

#9 Post by PGP »

You have to drop the second magical banner from core, only one is allowed. Why not play full archer minimum core? If you take seerstaff, try life and flesh+dwellers. High or shadow with wand is probably better. I also combine the special infantry (probably sm) and took eagles or dp for speed.
dabber
Tactician

#10 Post by dabber »

Elithmar of Lothern wrote:I think the Amulet of Light might be useful - what if I can't kill the ethereal units with magic? And I like the Seerstaff, because I'm very particular about what spells I get.
The only army with ethereals is VC.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#11 Post by Elithmar »

I've been toying with a couple of ideas, and I'd like your opinions on them. The first is of an MSU list, with archer core and units of five White lions and seven Swordmasters. The second is with all spears core, Swordmasters and a Death Mage Knight in a Silver helm bus.
Headshot
Ultimate End Times Chronicler

#12 Post by Headshot »

Hey! Where's the chariot?!

I guess that the price of the prince is too much to bear at this level, but perhaps a noble 'little brother'? Maybe with R. Gem and the Charm shield? You could throw the fireball ring on a champion and have a small, but respectable, magic phase at this level.

Just thinking that maybe you would want to start trying to integrate the chariot tactics into your army plan. Despite the small size....

What do you think?

Headshot
Malossar
Something Cool

#13 Post by Malossar »

Headshot wrote:Hey! Where's the chariot?!

I guess that the price of the prince is too much to bear at this level, but perhaps a noble 'little brother'? Maybe with R. Gem and the Charm shield? You could throw the fireball ring on a champion and have a small, but respectable, magic phase at this level.

Just thinking that maybe you would want to start trying to integrate the chariot tactics into your army plan. Despite the small size....

What do you think?

Headshot
I agree whole heartedly that you cannot claim an escalation list of a chariot prince and not include him in the original build!!!! You could at least have a noble doing his duty until you get to higher points levels but you need to at least have a character riding a chariot. Other wise you're misleading me and that's just mean! ;)
Ptolemy wrote:Im not above whoring myself for a good cause. ;)
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#14 Post by SpellArcher »

Well, as a Chariot Prince player (and lets face it we're not in it for the power list!) I think a mage is all you want at 1000pts. He stays in of course and is joined by his little friends the BSB and the Prince as the points go up.

At this points level, you just can't carry off the grandeur!

:)
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#15 Post by Elithmar »

SpellArcher's right. Please stop accusing me of misleading you!I'll do my best to try and make it not so misleading. By the way, which idea should I use? The MSU or other?
Baeronvonbleat

#16 Post by Baeronvonbleat »

Just a helpful tip - There's a button to change original facing, so you don't have to rotate all your bloody units 180 degrees at the start of the match. Dunnoe if that opens up your choice of sides for you or not :P But it certainily helped me!

*edit* Also, mass fire at mangler squigs at all costs. Bolt thrower multi shot, archers, even magic missiles. These buggers hurt if left alive, more than any unit really has a right to do.
Last edited by Baeronvonbleat on Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Headshot

#17 Post by Headshot »

No, "Original Chariot Prince" Spellarcher!! Come to this side! (We dress better; and the chicks dig us!)

You WANT that Chariot Noble in the list. Just for the feel of the wind in the hair; the falcon on the wrist.... Magic? Either R. Gem and Ring it. Or, "Magic?! Pshaw!! Bring me my wheels!!!"

Cry Havoc!! And introduce the enemies of Ulthuan to your bumper....

If we have to be all dour and practical (shivers), at least I would think you'd want a naked chariot or two in the list. Just to get a feel for integrating the model into the list. Movement, deployment and combining charges.

Headshot

P.S. I'm pretty sure the California Aragorn was just joking....
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#18 Post by SpellArcher »

The thing is, I love my characters. I spent ages converting them and they have to be just so.

Like Elithmar, I love the Seerstaff, so my mage always takes it. I was toying with the idea of dropping it but luckily avoided this heresy so still have yet to roll for spells with High Elves!

My Prince is shooting a bow (on a chariot this is just the coolest IMHO), went through agonies trying to get a workable magic bow build when it just seemed like a bad idea tactically. He is the boss (so no lvl4 in the list) and a Noble just doesn't carry it off for me.

As for riding the same wheels as guys from the Special section? Nay, nay and thrice nay!

:)
Malossar
Something Cool

#19 Post by Malossar »

WHOA! Lets all just calm the hell down aiight?!!?!? lol i'm just playing around about misleading and blah blah blah.

But what headshot and California Aragorn, moi, are trying to convey to you is that if you're goal is to attempt a Chariot Prince, and you're building an escalation list than that needs to be reflected in your list writing.

Currently i'm reading your threads and all it is stating to me is that i'm playing 1,000pts games and trying to be competitive, nowhere talk being about using the chariot prince.

So Headshot and myself while jokingly are attempting to challenge you to play what you have promised to us! We know that this is not the most optimal build for high elves especially at this points level, but we're pushing you to make this build competitive through your game play. Take the risk and realize that the worse thing you can do is just lose! You can make this build competitive and really expand your tactical ability.

MY advice is change the topic thread so i'm not looking for a chariot prince at 1k; it gets us warhammer nerds super excited to see something new, and i was disappointed
Ptolemy wrote:Im not above whoring myself for a good cause. ;)
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#20 Post by SpellArcher »

What Elithmar might want to do is build up from mage at 1000pts, include BSB at 1500 and then Chariot Prince at 2000. So you build the list with an eye on the CP fitting in sweetly once you get to 2000.

The thing is, he pretty much stops you taking a Lvl4 and is not easy to crush the enemy with. You need to be a bit canny with the rest of your list IMHO. If you have a Lvl4 and big elite blocks you can afford to take liberties in other areas and still have a viable list. Chariot Prince, Griffon Prince or similar demand some careful planning with the rest of your list just to be viable at all.
Headshot

#21 Post by Headshot »

Now this is getting interesting!

Apologies to Elithmar in advance for (slightly) co-opting the thread.

Master Spellarcher, I followed your argument for 'escalation' towards a Chariot Prince, I just wasn't convinced by it. (I actually like your argument of the particularity of the character build better).

Putting aside the 'truth in advertising' argument regarding theme, that Cali Aragorn makes, it seems that what you are saying is that the 'efficiency' of the archmage is to such a great extent that a player wanting to use another, 'inefficient', character build like a chariot prince, is forced to learn to live with a level two. Let me be clear - that it behooves the player to build the tightest, most effective list possible around the level two, with the usual trappings (BSB, etc.), before throwing the 'awkward' prince into the list.

This is where the 'not following' comes in. It seems that at whatever the points level, that chariot prince is going to be a point sink. But more importantly, it is a significant investment for the army that is an 'odd' model on the field: odd in capabilities, maneuvering, impact, etc. So from my point of view, it would seem that the player would want that model on the field as soon as possible, for the opportunity to experiment around it. Get used to its impact. Its advantages. Disadvantages. And build the rest of the list to compliment it.

I say all this fondly! I came to this forum to share my experiences with the 'shadow prince'. Another hideous point sink that precludes an archmage. And within a few minutes of my posting, I had a reputable member of the forum telling me to check my meds. But I am not interested in the forum 'cut and paste' function: novices find acceptable army lists here. copy. now learn to use.

yawn.

I wanted to experiment. But to do that with that character in my list, I wanted him into my list as early as possible. To get to know his impact on the game. Trial and error.

So in short, what I am saying is that it doesn't seem to be a matter of building a 'tight list' and then tacking on that pricey character at the end. The list needs to be designed from the get-go with that character in mind: what role is he going to fill? How will he integrate with my deployment? Movement? Combat? etc. Not a wedding cake little plastic doll that we throw on top at the end, but part of the mixture from the beginning.

Or to put it another way, instead of becoming a good high elf player, and then handicapping oneself (arm tied behind the back kinda way) with the character. Become a good high elf player through deliberate experimentation with the theme.

I am not saying you are wrong. Its perhaps an approach that is based on differing experiences to the game. Novice versus veteran. You probably have played high elves in many different shapes and so have a healthy appreciation for the mechanics, before turning to the c. prince. But I think, as a novice, man i need to see this guy on the field asap, so I can see what I need, and how my list needs to respond to him.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#22 Post by Elithmar »

I understand what you're saying, Headshot, but the chariot prince will be too expensive for anything under 2000. Your shadow lord was a bit more flexible, because of the absence of a chariot. I could add a chariot at 1000 though, and maybe another at 1500, to get me used to using them, and I'll tailor my list around the idea of eventually getting a chariot prince. The idea anyway was to have him either sandwiched between two chariots to prevent or postpone flank charges, or running along with the infantry.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#23 Post by SpellArcher »

I am a 'builder', so I prefer to construct my army from 'blocks' that will be as fixed as I can make them and expanding it by adding more on top. The alternative approach is to keep things mutable and switch stuff around a bit in the light of experience. Of course we all do this to some extent, I think it's just a case of how much.

Despite a long association with Warhammer I've only been playing High Elves for 3 years, so am very much in the learning phase still. The Chariot Prince is a rare pick in general but I do have some experience with it. So I have an idea what units from my putative 2000+ points list I'd want at 1000pts, knowing that I'd want to keep them in as the list grew.

Re becoming a good HE player I agree that experimenting with different units and set-ups is very important. So for my first 8th edition tournament I branched out and took a varied list that wasn't great but which taught me very quickly for instance that my previously adored Shadow Warriors were just bad for me in 8th. Conversely, Reavers really exceeded my expectations, so they stay in.

Of course I had the advantage of having plenty of units painted to play around with, while Elithmar I assume, want to build on what he's got rather than accrue extra units he's not going to employ? Multiple chariot tactics are beyond my experience but having infantry close is usually a good idea for the CP and Dragon Princes complement him very well too.

I think at 2000pts I'd consider Radiant Gem on the CP to support the Mage, if I weren't a Bow fanatic. One of the beauties of playing 2400pts however is that then you can upgrade to a lvl3 and are properly in business in the magic phase.
PGP

#24 Post by PGP »

How about you construct your chariot prince in 1k from e.g. Tiranoc chariot model and play it as lion chariot below 2k. I'd take quite boring equipment for chariot prince: gw, Armour of silvered steel and vambracers. In 2k I'd add there one lvl2 mage (high) with sigil or annulian and gw+AoC+dawns/GP bsb. In 2.4k I'd add another fully tooled lvl2 mage. Core would consist from about 30 something spear unit and one or two archer unit. I could take a second similar spear unit instead of archers. I'd add there some eagles or/and rbt, maybe more chariots (especially with two spear block, the old spear/chariot combo army...) and 20+ of PG/SM/WL or/and a unit of DP. If I'd take a large infantry unit, I consider banner of arcane protection for it.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#25 Post by Elithmar »

Prince Arnarion was a great warrior, everyone agreed. He was an equally great general, too. His excellent tactical knowledge won many battles against the Dark Elves at the time of the Sundering. His loss was sorely felt by many, not least the numerous soldiers under his command. His household cavalry, led by the trusty High Helm Aldris, would never again ride fearlessly with their beloved commander into the thick of battle. However, Arnarion's eldest son, Elithmar, might still lead them to victory.

Elithmar had often accompanied his father in battle. He had never shown much aptitude for command, but he could be guided by Arnarion's skilled lieutenants, Aldris of the Silver Helms and Caleran of the Sea Guard. Elithmar was in Saphery with his good friend Maelthron Sure-Sword when news of his father's tragic death reached him. He rushed back to Lothern at once, along with Maelthron. A grand funeral took place and afterwards a council was held to decide what would become of the army. 'Twas decided after many days that Elithmar should take command, under the stern eyes of these two aforementioned characters.

The army's Mage had also died in a recent battle, so Imahil the Inept, named for his tendancy to blow up whilst attempting to cast a spell, joined the force.

Now the Grand Host of Prince Elithmar of Lothern marches to war against all lesser races, led by the youthful and energetic Elithmar upon his gilded chariot. The Silver Lances of Aldris ride beside him, followed by charioteers from Tiranoc, legions of Sea Guard, batteries of Eagle Claw Bolt Throwers and regiments of the Eataine Avengers. Rank upon rank of skilled Elven infantry march behind them, stretching to the horizon. Who can stand against the Asur when they go to war?

WHO CAN STAND AGAINST THE ASUR WHEN THEY GO TO WAR?!
Last edited by Elithmar on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#26 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Nice fluff ^_^
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Headshot

#27 Post by Headshot »

Now we are talking!

(Grabs a box of popcorn, sits down and waits for the carnage.)
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#28 Post by Elithmar »

"My lord, orders from the Phoenix King."

Elithmar made a great effort to look away from the elven dancers and instead at the messenger. "Give them to me then," he snapped.

The messenger did so. Elithmar began to read, then stopped. "Why are you still here?" The young elf had hardly time to open his mouth before the prince said, "Get out then!" and threw his glass, still half full, at him.

Imahil was in the gardens when he heard the shout: "IMAHIL!". He rushed to the great hall, and was met by a very angry Elithmar and three dozen cowering subjects. "Did you call, my lord?"

"Of course I did. HE wants us to go to Elthin-Arvan."

"Splendid! I'll pack my bags," the impertinent mage turned to leave.

"Imahil," his voice carried a thousand threats. "Stay."

He did so.

"I want you to lead ahead with a small force. Caleran will accompany you. If you make any flippant remarks or try to sneak back to Lothern like the last time, he has my permission to deal with you however he feels fit."

Imahil gulped sardonically.

So it was that Imahil set off for the Old World.
Last edited by Elithmar on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#29 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

A fluffy way of explaining the Princes absence in your list, well played sir.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#30 Post by Elithmar »

As the shore came into sight amidst the waves, Imahil vomited for the third time - he didn't like ships.

The host left the Hawk Ship 20 miles north of Bordeleaux, and made their camp on the beach there. It was evening when the keen-eyed young elf on watch noticed the lights.

"Sea Master! There are lights over there; a camp much like our own, methinks."

Caleran, rushing over, sought out this sight. "I see them, Daethir. Rouse the rest - we may have to fight our way out of this one."

Once the force had assembled, scouts were sent out to see if they could find any information about the camp and the army that it no doubt contained. Meanwhile, the flames were doused in their own camp, to hide their position. The scouts returned soon with relieving news indeed. It seemed that the encampment belonged to another Asur force, about of an equal size to their own.

This, however, just made Imahil even more angry. "What are they doing here? We were here first!"

"Umm...Imahil?..."

"Alright, alright - maybe we weren't. We were sent by Finubar himself though," the Mage, in his fit of fury, accidentally set a nearby tent on fire with uncontrolled magic. "We will fight them; they will see who has better reason to be here."

Caleran interrupted him, "That is not wise, Sage. We should talk to them and-"

"No! We WILL fight them."

Aww, look how angry he got - Elithmar would be proud of him. Anyway, batrep incoming.