3000 Teclis vs. Kairos Fateweaver

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

CrazyCarl

3000 Teclis vs. Kairos Fateweaver

#1 Post by CrazyCarl »

So a buddy of mine decided we'd like to try a game where we pit two of Warhammer's greatest casters against one another. He (foolishly?) thinks that Kairos is more powerful. I think I have to disagree. I drew up a list and I'd like some comment on it as we're supposed to be playing pretty hard and I'm not super used to building hard lists. I'm also not completely sure what lores I will take. I was thinking of going for Death to get Purple Sun so that I could just kill Kairos on turn one (I1!) but not sure what to do with the other mages.

Teclis = 475
Prince, Armour of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix, Talisman of Loec, The White Sword = 250
Mage, Annulian Crystal = 140
Mage, Sigil of Asuryan = 140
Noble, BSB, Banner of the World Dragon, Heavy Armor, Shield, Lance, Barded Elven Steed = 196
25 Loethern Sea Guard, Shields, Standard, Musician = 340
30 Spearmen, FC = 295
10 Archers, Musician = 115
20 Phoenix Guard, FC, Banner of Sorcery = 380
5 Dragon Princes, Standard, Champion, War Banner, Helm of Fortune = 235
14 Swordmasters, Standard, Champion = 234
2 RBT = 200
Total = 3000

The Prince is there to have a nice, survivable killy character in with either the Spear guys or Phoenix Guard. The Swordmasters seem good, but possibly a bit weak. I was considering more Phoenix Guard and Dragon Princes instead. I think the BSB will likely stick with Teclis' unit (The Phoenix Guard probably). The Mages are there to provide some magic defense. Should the Sigil possibly be the Frog scroll instead? Or maybe a vanilla Dispell Scroll? Any suggestions would be great, thanks!
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34299]My army[/url]