2250 Dragon Mage

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

tierdar

2250 Dragon Mage

#1 Post by tierdar »

Ok, I really love the dragon mage idea; even if it is less than optimal. I've also enjoyed my prince on an eagle in a few test games of 8th ed. That being said, here's a sample list I've thrown together.

Prince - 289
Dragon Armor, Enchanted Shield, Vambraces of Defense, Eagle, Sword of Might

Dragon Mage - 420
Silver Wand, Guardian Phoenix

10 Archers - 115
Muso

32 LSG - 508
FC, Flame Banner

15 Phoenix Guard - 280
FC, Ruby Ring of Ruin

18 White Lions - 300
FC

Lion Chariot - 140

RBT - 100

Eagle x 3 - 150

Thoughts?

EDIT: I've made a couple of the requested changes.
Last edited by tierdar on Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Toran

Re: 2250 Dragon Mage

#2 Post by Toran »

only thing i would say is there's probably gonna be a fair bit of shooting that really needs to be tied up, mebbe a small unit of Silver Helms or a Lion Chariot?
No plan survives contact with the enemy
tierdar

#3 Post by tierdar »

So, you think the second Lion chariot would be more useful than a lvl 1 mage with annulian crystal?
Marinero

#4 Post by Marinero »

Ok.. Some thoughts for you to consider. You need something to counter enemy artillery, or your DM and flying prince are going to be very dead vs such armies. So my suggestion N#1:
* Add 3 or 4 Great Eagles - they you complement the prince nicely, take out artillery, draw early missile fire

Suggestion N#2:
* You should really think over the 508 (five hundred and eight) points spent in a single unit... If you want to hoard up - use spears..

Suggestion N#3
* You may find useful an additional fast unit in the form of DP, SH, or a lion chariot
tierdar

#5 Post by tierdar »

Thanks for the suggestions. I know the 508 points in one unit is pretty insane... but I can always split it into two units down the road if they don't work out in test games. I have to spend those points in core anyway, so it really doesn't have a huge impact on the rest of the list.

As for the other two suggestions:

Which do you think would be more useful? 3 eagles, or a lion chariot?

Edit: I was looking at a draft 2500 point list when I typed that LSG unit. It should actually be 32, and 456 points instead.

I've edited the army list above. Dropped 2 White lions, fixed the LSG unit size, and added some eagles.