2250 Standard list

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

wamphyri101

2250 Standard list

#1 Post by wamphyri101 »

High Elf Prince
Dragon armour, Potion of Foolhardiness, vambraces of defence, White Sword: 259pts
(5 killing blow str6 reroll attacks on charge. 5+ armour, 4+ ward. live with white lions)

Lords: 259pts

Noble
Armour of Calador, Guardian Phoenix, Great Weapon, Battle Standard: 168pts
(2+ armour, 5+ ward, 3 str6 attacks. Lives with Phoenix guard)

Mage
Level 2, Silver Wand, Reaver bow: 185pts
(3 spells, +3 to dispel, 3 str 5 ranged attacks. Lives with seaguard. Will either go lore of life to support my army or maybe an offensive law. Will test different laws in different games to see which works best as an all comers law as in tournaments you wont get to choose anymore before each game)

Heroes (2): 353 Points

10 Elven Archers: 110pts

10 Elven Archers: 110pts

25 Lothern Sea Guards
Full Command, shields: 350pts
(start of 10 wide then reform when needs be. Ranged support main units while moving forwards to support in combat when needs be)

Core (3): 570points

16 White lions of Chrace
Full command, Banner of eternal flame: 280pts
(Will take them 6 wide in 3 ranks. Will give me 12 Flaming str6 attacks with rerolls to hit. Lord sits with them to give stubborn ld10)

16 Phoenix Guard (240)
Full com mand, razor standard: 315pts
(Same as white lions but 12 AP str 4 attacks)

Lion Chariot: 140pts

Lion Chariot: 140pts
(Each Chariot will support a elite unit when against hordes and will go combigned down a flank when against shooting)

6 Dragon Princes: 180pts
(Against shooting armies will go with the lion chariots. Against hordes they will wait to flank charge a unit (yes I know you don’t get to remove ranks but the 12 str 5 attacks will help to eat through large units)

Special (5): 1055points
Twitter: @chumphammer
Old WFB coming to give AoS a real try for a while.
tierdar

Re: 2250 Standard list

#2 Post by tierdar »

Mage can't take a Reaver Bow, as he isn't allowed to take a normal bow as equipment. You can't take magical versions of equipment you're not allowed to take.
geoguswrek

#3 Post by geoguswrek »

Tierdar: have you actually read the new rulebook?

wamphryi: i think the lsg need the banner of eternal flame more than the WL's, i also think you could manage without the potion of foolhardiness on the prince, when you need it it won't be enough.
DAMN THE VENOM SWORD
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=44127
wamphyri101

#4 Post by wamphyri101 »

Cheers for the replys,

Thought it had been changed now so my mage could take a bow but if not I will give him the ruby ring

Thinking of ditching a chariot for 3 eagles to give me some extra warmachine hunting.

Also Thinking of giving my lord the silver armour or Talisman of Hoeth rather than the white sword
Last edited by wamphyri101 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter: @chumphammer
Old WFB coming to give AoS a real try for a while.
tierdar

#5 Post by tierdar »

Well, after the last reply, I looked into it and can't find where a mage couldn't take a magic weapon. It might be there somewhere, but I certainly couldn't find it.