High Elf 8th Ed 2250 first Draft

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Napes_Uk

High Elf 8th Ed 2250 first Draft

#1 Post by Napes_Uk »

This list is made assuming Speed Asuryan overrules ASL

Prince, Great Weapon, Armour of Caledor, Radient Gem (Death) 207

Cheap LD and combat punch as well as back up dispeller and character sniper using the generic death spell and LD10

Archmage, level 4, Book of Ashur, (haven't decided on Lore yet probs fire) 340

Get's +5 to cast and +6 to dispel

Noble BSB Heavy Armour, enchanted Shield, Ring of Ruin 148

If Archmage doesn't take Fire I'll drop the ring for a talisman of some kind

20 Lothern Sea Guard, Command Shields 285

19 Lothern Sea Guard, Command, Shields 272

15 Spearmen 149

13 Sword masters, Command, Banner of Sorcery 275

13 Pheonix Guard, Musician 186

5 Ellyrian Reavers, Musician 92

2 Bolt Throwers 200

2 Great Eagles 100

Lothern Sea guard will line up in two ranks of 10 (one with Arch mage) with the Swordmasters just behind (granting them heavy cover from shooting) once the enemy close after having to walk through 40 Archers, 2 RBTs and a Level 4 supported by the Prince, the Sea Guard will quick reform into 5X4 and shimmy to the side, allowing the Sword masters to step up into the gap led by the Prince. The Archmage will leg it out of the way and the Pheonix guard and spearmen will move into flanking positions while the 2 eagles and Reavers will hopefully redirect and funnel the enemy allowing my 5 fighting units to out number his CC units hopefully setting up some flank charges. Let me know what you guys think, I only had a brief look at the new magic items so I'm sure I missed some cool new toys that I will probably have to make changes to fit in, but this is just the first draft.
Drannath

Re: High Elf 8th Ed 2250 first Draft

#2 Post by Drannath »

From what the guys in my local GW have said, Speed of Asuryan is cancelled by ASL, but you will then strike in initiative order. Makes taking PG over SMs ever more attractive. Str 4, ward save, ASF and re-rolls much is much more usefull imo than str 6, just 5+ armor and no re-rolls even with twice the attacks.
Collinisimo

Re: High Elf 8th Ed 2250 first Draft

#3 Post by Collinisimo »

I'd suggest Lore of Life or Shadow for your Archmage, as they are the two best Lores IMO. Shadow for lots of damage, or Life for those Augments that us elves desperately need.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=33028]Great Eagle Tips and Tricks[/url]
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."