teclis in 2k

Discuss your tactics for the 8th Ed army book here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

bloody nunchucks

teclis in 2k

#1 Post by bloody nunchucks »

i have read on warseer that many people dont think that teclis is worth it in 2000. i am wondering if anybody here agrees with that statement.

personally i dont, i think he is great no matter what
I used to play:
High Elves
Tau
Retribution of Scyrah
krysith

Re: teclis in 2k

#2 Post by krysith »

Yeah, I don't think Teclis is worth 2000 pts. Probably more like 750.

(Intentionally misunderstood for :lol:)

I think if you are playing Teclis at all, he is worth more than his points. If you are playing him in a small game, protecting him may be a bit harder, but he has an even bigger impact on the game. Just make sure that he can kill anything which is both fast and tough ASAP, and he will be golden. There is no more powerful model in warhammer, and he sure ain't the most expensive.

I strongly recommend accompanying him with a banner of the world dragon. He is quite vulnerable without it. His lore should be capable of either demolishing your opposition, or controlling the game. Perhaps the people on warseer saw him countered with lots of fast tough troops (the proper way to beat teclis is to put 1000+ pts of fast troops as close as possible to him and charge). In such a case, playing for control rather than destruction will still make Teclis worth more than he should be.
[quote="Seredain"]

Haha! I'm guessing that the codename for this will be [i]Operation Evil Bumrush[/i].
[quote="Eldria"]

Close buts its a bit more [i]Operation Chargeblerghvomitvomiteateat ooolook I grew an extra head[/i][/quote][/quote]
grantmepower

#3 Post by grantmepower »

Yeah, Teclis is worth far more than his points in pretty much any situation. If people feel than Teclis isn't worth it at 2k I'd be happy to take him and prove them wrong! However, that just wouldn't be nice.
Ulthuan in Flames: 13/9/6 Bel Hathor 77 kills
bloody nunchucks

#4 Post by bloody nunchucks »

i agree (obviously) but was just making sure others agreed as well.

i think most people on warseer are teclis hating bastards (except for he players)
I used to play:
High Elves
Tau
Retribution of Scyrah
grantmepower

#5 Post by grantmepower »

The majority of warhammer players are "teclis hating bastards" :D
Ulthuan in Flames: 13/9/6 Bel Hathor 77 kills
Curu Olannon
Vindicated Strategist

#6 Post by Curu Olannon »

Teclis is most definitely worth it at 2000 points.

Most HE players that want to go magic heavy without Teclis sport an archmage with BoH and a banner of sorcery at the very least. This alone is over 400 points, leaving Teclis only slightly more expensive. For those extra points, you gain a WORLD in difference.
Retired from Warhammer. Playing Warmachine & Hordes (Cygnar).

Follow me on Courage of Caspia, my blog.

Warhammer blogs from 2011-2015:

:: Path to Glory - High Elves Army Blog ::
:: Curu Olannon's Vindicators - 2500 points Army Blog (Old book, outdated) ::
b4z

#7 Post by b4z »

Curu Olannon wrote:Teclis is most definitely worth it at 2000 points.

Most HE players that want to go magic heavy without Teclis sport an archmage with BoH and a banner of sorcery at the very least. This alone is over 400 points, leaving Teclis only slightly more expensive. For those extra points, you gain a WORLD in difference.
+1 to what he said^ Logical argument.
260+100+50 = 410 thats 65 points shy of Teclis.

And yes, most people are Teclis haters. I personally have never used him myself, but i can imagine the possibilities :mrgreen: