Getting hammered by Lizardmen

Discuss your tactics for the 8th Ed army book here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

dabber
Tactician

Re: Getting hammered by Lizardmen

#31 Post by dabber »

PadForce wrote:Ensuring Teclis is outside the 24' will be difficult
It should not be that difficult. Teclis stays in a unit that deploys back and never moves forward. Keep another unit just under 10" away that is doing the same thing. Bounce between if necessary. Archers are ideal, and are useful for killing skinks. Other than magic, Lizardmen do not have long range damage. Just don't let Terradons drop rocks on you.

It is less significant with Shadow than with Life, but realize that if the Slann is inside a Temple Guard unit, you can be within 24" of his unit, but not within 24" of the Slann. So you can Dwellers a TG Slann from outside discard 6s range.
tethlis the slayer

#32 Post by tethlis the slayer »

Probably worth mentioning that Withering is usefull for removing skinks in the early turns where no units will be in combat - as if a model/unit's toughness is reduced to 0 they are instantly slain. With T2 an average D3 roll will wipe the whole unit. Gives some offensive use to the spell if/when you are unable to target units with shooting or CC.
krysith

#33 Post by krysith »

Sorry, Withering cannot reduce toughness to zero (except in conjunction with Curse of the Leper).

It is still a great spell, though! But better against high T opponents than skinks.
[quote="Seredain"]

Haha! I'm guessing that the codename for this will be [i]Operation Evil Bumrush[/i].
[quote="Eldria"]

Close buts its a bit more [i]Operation Chargeblerghvomitvomiteateat ooolook I grew an extra head[/i][/quote][/quote]
KJSparkz

#34 Post by KJSparkz »

Reducing strength or toughness or woundsto 0 does kill a model,of the 8 lores of magic,The Withering Spell says it can only reduce toughness to minimum 1 only. Soulblight is the same.and Enfeebling foe does the same to strength.Chaos Daemons Lore of Nurgle's Miasma of Pestilence is the same. As stated earlier for Chaos Warriors the Lore of Nurgle's Curse of the Leper is only spell to allow you reduce S or T to zero.
[i]The Dark is generous, and it is patient and it always wins; but in the heart of its strength lies weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back.................[/i]
Eldria

#35 Post by Eldria »

Skaven wither from the lore pf plague can also drop T to 0 just to be pedantic.

It makes an awesome combo when you manage to roll up withering on a wizard hat wearing warlord (which is so so very rare)