Math-hammer probability calculation web app

Discuss your tactics for the 8th Ed army book here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

mabrowning

Math-hammer probability calculation web app

#1 Post by mabrowning »

Greetings fellow Asurians,

I've developed a small but useful web app for calculating probabilities of simple (1 unit vs 1 unit) close combat attacks. This is not (yet) meant to be a full CC simulator; it merely shows the probability distributions visually for a set of models to do a given number of wounds to another set of models. Just try it and see:

Check it out at http://math-hammer.appspot.com/!

It is really simple to use and can provide a bit of insight when discussing one unit's theoretical advantage over another, especially if the comparison is non-trivial.

Also, if you're interested, I'm keeping the source code (GPL v3) at http://code.google.com/p/mathhammer/

Please leave me feedback either here or on the Google code project page. Let me know if you want to see a feature added and I'll look into it. I currently plan on implementing shooting, but I'm undecided on how best to treat all the different modifiers.

It currently doesn't work in IE, but it works in all other browsers, including the iPhone and Android browser!
Loremaster

Re: Math-hammer probability calculation web app

#2 Post by Loremaster »

neat!
Jedra

#3 Post by Jedra »

very nice, thanks.

Just to make a suggested feature... A lot of spells give +1/-1 to hit or to wound. It might be nice to have an option to check a box including this.
mishari26

#4 Post by mishari26 »

very awesome man, thank you so much! I really need this :D

small easy feature suggestion:
I use "Other Trickster's Charm" alot, so a "reroll successful ward saves" button would be awesome ;)