High Elves Lore, any thoughts?

Discuss your tactics for the 7th Ed army book here, together with tactics for other races.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Chracian

Re: High Elves Lore, any thoughts?

#61 Post by Chracian »

Faced DE last night with two hydras. One shot down fairly early due to curse (random selection on my BSB) getting through and having bolt throwers in range. I honestly don't think most people realise how effective it can be.
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
— Terry Pratchett
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#62 Post by SpellArcher »

I would tend to favour Heavens against DE's as the re-rolls bypass their magic protection.

I guess Hotek can't be everywhere though!

:)
Chracian

#63 Post by Chracian »

No hotek in this game, fortunately. It wasn't an open list, but he put his sorceress and BSB in the black guard, so I knew there was no ring there. No other command, and his dreadlord was on a manticore that he kept well away from the centre for three turns. But yes, I would tend to agree with you, although as I wanted high for my BSB, I could've taken shield instead.
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
— Terry Pratchett
Eltherion

#64 Post by Eltherion »

This is why Seer Staff is so good on the Lvl 2 Mage.

If going High Magic I usually choose Fury of Khaine & Curse of Arrow attraction.
2008-2013 Wins:Draws:Losses
7th Ed High Elves 18 : 9 : 4 Bargle Con I, Best General, 3rd Overall
New High Elf Book 16 : 1 : 5 Bargle Con II, 2nd Overall, Conviction 2nd Overall & Best Sportsman

MSU List: http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=48650