Ulthuan

Ulthuan, Home of the Asur
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:29 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:17 pm 

I have some experience with the new lizardmen because my mate has just started on them.
As you can see from my signature i havnt lost to him yet as each of those battles are against him, so far...we just proxy alot to make sure we buy the models we really want since we generally have tight budgets for new armies.

I like taking 2 lion chariots straight into saurus blocks of 18 and quite confidently win everytime so far...good luck i guess, theres also the chance for them to fail thier fear test in the first place.

I use mages with magic missles to take the skinks dwelling in forests, same with the terradons.

Bolt thrower multi shots go for his cold one cavalry, generally some good luck going here again nips through their pretty nice armour saves.

In the army list part of the forum you can see i play a magic heavy list alot of the time, so teclis normally either metals his stegs to death or pit of shades most of his other units with their pathetic initiative values lol, unseen lurker is always really nice to get a flank charge onto that unit that unit your worrying about.

I hope some of this may help

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:03 pm 

Atty1988 wrote:
I like taking 2 lion chariots straight into saurus blocks of 18 and quite confidently win everytime so far...good luck i guess, theres also the chance for them to fail thier fear test in the first place.

Funny you should mention that. Have some of these on the way now! We don't play with named characters but I agree that metal is very effective lore against them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:46 pm 

If facing multi Stegs then focus all your fire on 1 until it dies. Even bows wounding on 6's can help here.

Re direct the other hard hitters.

With Lizardmen rolling on 3 dice for leadership destroying the units fully is the way to go unless you have a spell that reduces their Leadership.

Lore of Heavens is worth trying with the unlimited range on some spells and the re rolling 1s for a stronger shooting phase.

MSU List: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=48650