HE 2nd Place, Conviction, Tasmania, Australia

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Eltherion

HE 2nd Place, Conviction, Tasmania, Australia

#1 Post by Eltherion »

Conviction is a small Tourney in Tasmania this year 16 players in the Fantasy section.

This year it was Swedish Comp between 9 and 16, 2400 point armies practice for Can Con (Australia's biggest Tourney).

I took a Double Dragon MSU List rated at 16 under Swedish.

Army wide
2nd Monster (-4)
Dispel Scroll (-7)

Lord 600
Prince, Star Dragon, Dragon Armor, Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield, Golden crown, Other Tricksters Shard 2+ AS, 2+ vs. First wound, 6+ WS. 2+ WS vs. Flaming (-40) Other tricksters good vs. Daemons and characters used by Star dragons hits as well.

Heroes 589
Dragon Mage, Level 2, Dragon Armour, Dispel Scroll, Gem of Sunfire, Charmed Shield 445 (-11)

Noble BSB, Barded Steed, Halberd, Shield, Dragon Armour, Dragonhelm, Luckstone, Potion of Foolhardiness 144 (-15)

Core 606 (-27)
6 Silver Helms, Shields, Champ, Musician 158 (-6)
6 Silver Helms, Shields, Champ, Musician 158 (-6)
12 Bowmen, Banner 130 (-5)
5 Ellyrian Reavers 80 (-4)
5 Ellyrian Reavers 80 (-6)

Special 239 (-10)
6 Dragon Princes, Full Command, Spell shield, Banner of Swiftness 239 (-10)

Rare 364 (-26)
RBT 70 (-7)
RBT 70 (-7)
8 Sisters of Avelorn 112 (-6)
8 Sisters of Avelorn 112 (-6)

2398 Points (-140 Comp points) = 16.0 (Blame this list on Swedish comp :D ).

All characters decked out to prevent Searing Dooms, some resistance to Cannonballs.

The Tournament consisted of 2 High Elves, 2 Bretonnians, 2 Skaven, 2 Vampires, 1 Dark Elf, 1 Dwarf, 1 Wood Elf, 1 Empire, 1 Lizardman, 1 Warriors, 1 Greenskin, 1 Beastman

Day 1

Game 1 vs. Cameron's Vampire Army (Cameron went on to win the event overall)

11-9 win (after comp score adjustment)

Game 2 vs. Elle's Orcs & Goblins

Elle was a new player so I knew we wouldn't get many turns played (we completed 4).

Elle's deployment
Spider Riders, Chariot, Pump Wagon, 2 Trolls, Boar Boyz, 1 Troll, Savage Orcs, Orc Biguns, Doom Diver, Chariot, Pump Wagon, Arachnaroc, Spider Riders

HE's: Reavers, Silver Helms, Dragon, Dragon (Dragons behind the Dragon Princes), Dragon Princes, Sisters, RBT, Archers, Sisters, Silver Helms, Sisters, RBT, Reavers

Turn 1
The Greenskins advanced on the Elvish lines Elle had positioned the 2 Trolls outside her Generals leadership bubble (I ignored them for the rest of the game as they kept failing Stupidity Tests) the Doomdiver killed a unit of Silverhelms.

High Elf turn 1 I managed to snipe out a Troll and panicked the Spider Riders on the Orcs left flank. The rest of the shooting reduced the Boar Boyz down to 6 models.

Turn 2
The Spider riders rallied and came forward again. Everything Else came forward (apart from the Stupid trolls 1" move). The Doomdiver killed an RBT :( . Foot of Gork got scrolled.

The HE shot off the remaining Spider Riders that had just rallied, Reavers charged and destroyed the Spider Riders on the Orc right flank, the chariot left of the Orc centre got Fireballed and shot off. Silverhelms killed the Pump Wagon and overran onto the chariot.

Turn 3
2 Dragons and the Dragon princes hit the Savage orcs who eventually die in the second round of combat.

Turn 4
Reavers charge and kill the Doom diver. The Arachnaroc gets finished off by shooting. The Arrow Boyz get destroyed by the 2 Dragons and remaining Silver Helms.

The Greenskins were left with 2 Trolls.

20-0 win

Game 3 vs. Dave's Bretonnians

A very cagey game where neither of us wanted to commit our troops for fear of flank charges. My Dragons were scared of his Heroic Killing Blow Lord so I didnt want to risk losing them.

The Bretonnians castled in a corner and his Lances faced outwards preventing any flank charges.

HE's killed Trebuchet, Peasant Bowmen, Mounted Yoemen, Pegasus knights for the loss of a RBT, 5 Reavers and a Silverhelm Unit. Both armies 16 on comp score

11-9 win

Day 2

Game 4 vs. Chris's Empire

10-10 draw

Game 5 vs. Zach Lennon's Dark Elves (Zach was the Tasmanian Master in 2012)

This was almost a mirror match up between the High Elves and our DE cousins.

Dark Elf deployment right to left.
Master on Manticore BSB, Kharibdhys, Lord on Dragon, Cold One Knights, 10 Dark Riders RxB's, 10 RXB, 10 RxB, RBT, RBT, 10 Dark Riders with Lvl 2

HE's
Reavers, Silverhelms, Sisters, RBT, Bowmen, Sisters, Silver Helms with BSB, Dragon Princes , RBT, Reavers (far right), Dragons were deployed in behind the Dragon Princes.

I deployed far enough back to ensure the DE's had to move and shoot at my troops.

Turn 1
My primary goal was to neutralise the DE shooting so turn 1 managed to destroy a unit of Dark Riders and put a couple of wounds on the crossbows.

The DE return fire killed a unit of Reavers on the DE left flank which was threatening his RBT's and he got rid of the Charmed Shield on my Dragon Mage with his RBT's.

Turn 2
My Dragon Mage got the big Fireball off with irresistible force decimating the other Dark Rider Unit which was killed off by shooting assassinating his Lvl 2. However my Dragon mage went to level 0 from the miscast ending both our Magic Phases for the rest of the game. :roll: The rest of the HE bows shot some at the RxB and a few trying to wound the Manticore. The DPs pushed up a bit in the center.

The DE's maneuvered advancing on their right flank and shot up the DP's.

In summary the Dark Elves pushed the right flank forward cleaning up the HE left and center while the HE's advanced cleaning up the DE center.

One the highlights of the game was the Sisters standing and shooting vs. the Kahrabdhys killing it outright on the charge.

Turn 6
The two Generals on Dragons eyed each other off and the HE General decided to charge (slightly wounded DE General) going for the big points. After 2 rounds of combat the HE Stardragon stood bloody and battered near its dead Master but had slain the DE General and his Black Dragon mount.

The little Dragon that could.

At the end of the Battle the DE's had their BSB on Manticore, and some Cold One Knights left. The Victorious HE's had a RBT, Reaver unit, Dragon Mage, DP's with BSB and a badly wounded Star Dragon.

A bloody engagement and a few lucky dice by the High Elves, but after the comp score adjustment a big win to the good guys :D

17-3 win (after comp score adjustment)

So I ended up getting Second Overall and Best Sportsman which was a nice bonus.
Last edited by Eltherion on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:53 am, edited 20 times in total.
2008-2013 Wins:Draws:Losses
7th Ed High Elves 18 : 9 : 4 Bargle Con I, Best General, 3rd Overall
New High Elf Book 16 : 1 : 5 Bargle Con II, 2nd Overall, Conviction 2nd Overall & Best Sportsman

MSU List: http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=48650
Jimmy
Centurion

Re: HE 2nd Place, Conviction, Tasmania, Australia

#2 Post by Jimmy »

Nice going mate well done! Was this in Hobart?

Are you going to eventually post full battle reports?

Off to Cancon yourself?
Nec Sorte Nec Fato - Neither By Chance Nor Fate

X-wing Blog
Sackree

#3 Post by Sackree »

Excellent job! Any Chance of posting the list up? I'm curious to see it.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=45855]Charge of the Loremaster - Army Blog[/url]
NexS

#4 Post by NexS »

Most excellent!!

I'm keen to play a tournament at some point... no idea how to find them though, living in country Victoria!!
Regards,
Brad
------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53518&start=0]Visit The Nexs-Files Conversion/Painting Log[/url]
Struthy

#5 Post by Struthy »

NexS wrote:Most excellent!!

I'm keen to play a tournament at some point... no idea how to find them though, living in country Victoria!!
http://www.wargamerau.com/forum

Plenty of tournaments listed on the forums. Really depends on how far you'd like to travel. Most Victorian tournaments these days are in Melbourne.
NexS

#6 Post by NexS »

Struthy wrote:
NexS wrote:Most excellent!!

http://www.wargamerau.com/forum

Plenty of tournaments listed on the forums. Really depends on how far you'd like to travel. Most Victorian tournaments these days are in Melbourne.
Thanks mate, I'll check it out!
I live about 150km from melbourne and travel up there for band practice and gigs so there's no issues in going there!
Regards,
Brad
------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53518&start=0]Visit The Nexs-Files Conversion/Painting Log[/url]
Swordmaster of Hoeth
Southern Sentinel

#7 Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

Well done, Eltherion! =D>

Any chances for pictures/highlights?

Cheers!

Twitter @SwordOfHoeth

High Elves MSU - Observations
Rabidnid wrote:Are you seriously asking someone called Swordmaster of Hoeth why he has more swordmasters than white lions? Really?
Eltherion

#8 Post by Eltherion »

Thanks for the replies guys.

Jimmy

Ye this was played in Hobart as a practice event as some of the guys are going to Can Con not sure I will make it this year :( .

I will put some brief batreps and pics in above.

Sackree

I have posted a link to the list above.

NexS

Go on the Wargamer AU Forum as mentioned above, it has heaps of Australian Tournies. http://www.wargamerau.com/

Swordmaster of Hoeth

Hi Swordmaster I have a classic photo in game 5 with my Prince on a Stardragon fighting the Dark Elf General on his Dragon, a fight I managed to win with only 2 wounds left on my Dragon at the end.
2008-2013 Wins:Draws:Losses
7th Ed High Elves 18 : 9 : 4 Bargle Con I, Best General, 3rd Overall
New High Elf Book 16 : 1 : 5 Bargle Con II, 2nd Overall, Conviction 2nd Overall & Best Sportsman

MSU List: http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=48650