Silver Helms Staging Area (WIP) Unfinished models

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Ellyriel

Silver Helms Staging Area (WIP) Unfinished models

#1 Post by Ellyriel »

Hi guys, I just wanted to share my silver helms progress. More units and more pictures coming soon!

https://postimg.cc/67M7Sm3H

I hope the image is visible. If it is not, please let me know what I should do.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Silver Helms Staging Area (WIP) Unfinished models

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

Hi Ellyriel. It's like a Silver Helm story of the 1990's, excellent!

I'm not seeing the picture here. If you right click on your photo and select 'copy image address', then paste that between the [img] brackets, it should show up.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

I've fixed the picture for you. If you edit your post, you can see what I changed. SA is correct, right click on your image, select "copy image location" and paste that in the [img] brackets.

They're starting to look good. The 4th ed. models have a timeless quality to them. And that horde of 5th ed. SH looks just epic. Are you planning an army list which contains all of them? That would be an epic sight...

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Ellyriel

#4 Post by Ellyriel »

Hey! Thanks for helping me with the pictures
SpellArcher wrote:(helps with images)
and
Prince of Spires wrote:I've fixed the picture for you....
And I agree with you completely
Prince of Spires wrote:The 4th ed. models have a timeless quality to them. ... Are you planning an army list which contains all of them?
Yeah, they are *starting* to look good. Thanks. Much work to do! No, my plan is to integrate them into my main army. So yeah, the goal is to have all of them together with my other forces on an army pamphlet. :D But I want each regiment to have a unique distinction and for all of them (4th and later) to have some sense of unity between them. And I dislike the 5th/6th horses...

I've looked at your army also, I like it. There is a unity of color with red and white that feels very pure for HE. Very much cleansed by the flames of Assuryan.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#5 Post by Prince of Spires »

Ellyriel wrote:But I want each regiment to have a unique distinction and for all of them (4th and later) to have some sense of unity between them. And I dislike the 5th/6th horses...

I've looked at your army also, I like it. There is a unity of color with red and white that feels very pure for HE. Very much cleansed by the flames of Assuryan.
Thanks :D It was great fun painting them all. My goal with my army is the same as yours. To have unique units while also keeping a cohesive look for the army. I tried achieving that by giving each unit it's own color scheme but then also have common elements across the army. All the cloth is white and the trim and many of the details are red. I find this ties the army together nicely.

Keep us updated on your progress.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.