G'huun: Greater Daemon sculpt by Johan von Elak

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Karak Norn Clansman

G'huun: Greater Daemon sculpt by Johan von Elak

#1 Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

My friend Johan von Elak has put up pictures and explanation on his blog Jaberoo of his massive sculpt of Warcraft's old god G'huun. He will use it as a Great Unclean One.

He built it while living in my apartment in between completing studies and finding a job. It was a lot of fun to see the monster unfold before one's eyes. He took it on as a challenge and sculpted it completely himself, only asking me to do some slime dripping from the raised tail end after painting had started. The skeleton consists of wire and plastic, which was then coated with filler mixed with torn paper. This thick mixture took several days to dry out down in our boiler room.

This was subsequently covered in generous amounts of super glue (don't get him started on the malice which super glue holds against him working with it ;)), whereupon he covered the body with milliput, and then sculpted an outer detail layer with copious amounts of green stuff. For more details, see Johan's log.

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: G'huun: Greater Daemon sculpt by Johan von Elak

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

That's monstrous indeed. Very lovely sculpting. It is indeed a great project.

The paint job is really nice too. Somehow, the simplicity of the colors makes the model more monstrous.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: G'huun: Greater Daemon sculpt by Johan von Elak

#3 Post by SpellArcher »

Prince of Spires wrote:Very lovely sculpting.
I agree, didn’t notice some of the detail until I looked closely.