Fantasy terrain

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Fantasy terrain

#1 Post by Prince of Spires »

I just ran across this kickstarter / facebook page with some amazing tabletop terrain. The kickstarter unfortunately ended. But if you're interested you could see if you can order via facebook or keep an eye on them in case they do a next kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tr ... escription
https://www.facebook.com/tabletoptroubadour/

It at least looks great.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

Re: Fantasy terrain

#2 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

I saw that one. What bothered me was that the prices were pretty much table top world level. Not saying the stuff isn't worth it, it's just I wouldn't have wanted to take on the delay and risk of a kickstarter when there is already an option out there. I do hope it goes well for them though, more players in the game are always good.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#3 Post by SpellArcher »

Very gnarly!

=D>
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#4 Post by Prince of Spires »

Shannar, Sealord wrote:I saw that one. What bothered me was that the prices were pretty much table top world level. Not saying the stuff isn't worth it, it's just I wouldn't have wanted to take on the delay and risk of a kickstarter when there is already an option out there. I do hope it goes well for them though, more players in the game are always good.
Yeah, it's definitely on the expensive side for a kickstarter project. And there is definitely a difference between making a one off model and mass-producing them. I do give them a good chance to pull it off. From what I understood, the guy who started it is a model sculptor for Weta-workshop, the studio responsible for the lord of the ring movies terrain. So he at least has some experience making terrain professionally.

But indeed, for those prices it's actually worth simply waiting until they get the kickstarter stuff out of the door and then see if they continue making it.

Still very inspirational to see :)
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.