Does anyone recognise this model?

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Ielthan

Does anyone recognise this model?

#1 Post by Ielthan »

Sorry wasn't really sure where to put this, but came across a high elf model on ebay that I've never seen before. I've been collecting this army for 20+ years and have never come across it, and it's not in the collector's guide either. It's quite the mystery. Does anyone recognise it?

At first I thought it was the metal lord from 7th ed, then the elf ranger from mordheim, but it's neither. Just sold for £48 on ebay so must be pretty rare. Judging from the style I'd put it as a 7th ed release, perhaps some limited edition thing in a specific country?
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

Re: Does anyone recognise this model?

#2 Post by Luna Guardian »

Isn't that one of the lords released during Storm of Chaos?
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Ielthan

#3 Post by Ielthan »

I don't remember any high elf models being released for the storm of chaos? I just checked the SoC book, can't see any sign of it, but tbh it's not the best source for model pics. He would have made a cool Sea Lord Aislynn model mind.

As far as I remember High Elves had a big model release with the 6th ed book, a moderate one with the 7th ed book, then during 7th 6 metal infantry characters (this isn't one of them) sort of randomly came out. No metal stuff was released with 8th I think. I remember selafyn came out a few times as limited ed model.

EDIT: Prince Althran on foot came out in metal with 8th i think.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#4 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Storm of chaos one has a sword and shield and is cooler that that one. But that one is pretty cool, and is one of the insane number of hero models that High Elves got during 6th and 7th edition. Someone liked scupting elves.
Caladaidoomblade

#5 Post by Caladaidoomblade »

Found it in 2 minutes:

http://collector-info.com/Manufacturer/ ... Sword.html

I sort of recognized it I thought, but I'm not sure if I own this model. Must check at home at some point.
[quote="Tyrion Reaper in a topic about murder"]I would therefore be very careful of ever annoying Caladaidoomblade as he has thought this out and you might go missing without a trace
[/quote]
[b]Hell is other people
- Sartre[/b]