Blood bowl Team

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Joaco

Blood bowl Team

#1 Post by Joaco »

Hi guys, long ago, before I started playing Warhammer, I used to play Blood Bowl, it was my first minuature game.
By that time, I used to play with amazons, but now my friends and I are getting back to the old world sport, so
I started a High Elf blood bowl team, and Im converting it with miniatures from warhammer. Ill be posting the progress here.
For now, the convertions (with some details remaining like ball on the thrower and some other customizations).
Let me know what you think and if you get any ideas or improvements!

Catchers: Basically made from white lions

Blitzers: White lions legs, phoenix guard torso, and dragon princes heads

Thrower: Phoenix guard champion

Linelfs: phoenix guards
RE.Lee

Re: Blood bowl Team

#2 Post by RE.Lee »

Nice conversions! The Phoenix Guard outifit must be the worst sport attire ever though :wink:
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Joaco

#3 Post by Joaco »

RE.Lee wrote:Nice conversions! The Phoenix Guard outifit must be the worst sport attire ever though :wink:
Thanks! I agree with you, but they are elves, they just want to look good
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#4 Post by Prince of Spires »

RE.Lee wrote:Nice conversions! The Phoenix Guard outifit must be the worst sport attire ever though :wink:
=D> :lol:

indeed.

Great conversions. They look very dynamic and different all. Except for the moment maybe the Thrower and the line elves. Nothing a paint job wont fix of course.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Joaco

#5 Post by Joaco »

Prince of Spires wrote: Except for the moment maybe the Thrower and the line elves. Nothing a paint job wont fix of course.
Yeah, you are right on that one, Im adding a ball in the thrower's hand, buts still they look pretty similar. So I thought about it and im inverting the color scheme on his cloak (red and white flames for line elves, and withe with ref flames on the thrower) also making his armor more golden than silver.
Thanks for the comments! Paint job started on the linelves, will post them when finnish!
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#6 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

These are among the several incredible kit bashes to make HE bloodbowl teams that I've seen. It almost makes me wish that I didn't already have a metal team. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to make a thrower and 2 catchers that blend in ok. I might just resort to head/arm swaps from metal figures. I just don't like duplicate sculpts when I can help it. Line elves are one thing, but position players should be unique.

I'm looking forward to seeing some paint on these.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#7 Post by SpellArcher »

I agree. Really nice, especially the Blitzers.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#8 Post by Prince of Spires »

Shannar, Sealord wrote:These are among the several incredible kit bashes to make HE bloodbowl teams that I've seen. It almost makes me wish that I didn't already have a metal team. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to make a thrower and 2 catchers that blend in ok. I might just resort to head/arm swaps from metal figures. I just don't like duplicate sculpts when I can help it. Line elves are one thing, but position players should be unique.
You could just make a second team ;)

The main problem I expect you'll run into is that current models will be a lot bigger then the older metal ones. Which will be very noticeable on a relatively small field.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.