Secret Santa 2016

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

Re: Secret Santa 2016

#151 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Andrew_uk wrote:Mines arrived :) it got here yesterday all the way from the US but I only got around to opening it now. I'm sorry to say it got damaged in transit so no photos until I get it repaired. It's a plinth/statue with a Dragons head protruding from some large wings.

It makes a great display piece. I've not measured it properly though, so I'm not sure on its suitability as a unit filler
I hope you don't mind if I throw up some pictures of what it looked like when I sent it (hopefully it's not to far off now). This thread just needs more pictures. I'm really hoping my solder joints held and the light still works.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#152 Post by SpellArcher »

Nice concept!

:)
Shannar, Sealord wrote:This thread just needs more pictures.
Exactly.
Gandalf_82

#153 Post by Gandalf_82 »

Definitely agree the thread needs some pics! Good work with that plinth :)

Mines sent and should have been received by now. Hopefully got there ok...
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#154 Post by Prince of Spires »

I agree we need more pictures. So, here is the one I send to Aicanor (and which she received a while ago). I hope she doesn't mind me putting up the pictures. I'll add some more to my plog in the next few days.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#155 Post by SpellArcher »

There's something stark about it I really like Rod.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#156 Post by Prince of Spires »

Thanks. It was loads of fun putting it together. Still, having to paint for Aicanor is a pretty daunting prospect. She has a 27 page plog filled with amazing models. It was lots of fun putting together. And it let me try new things and different colors then my default red + white. Which is part of the fun of Secret Santa for me.

Rod

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Gandalf_82

#157 Post by Gandalf_82 »

Good work! Really like it :)

No confirmation the gift I sent has been received yet... Slightly concerning! Although hopefully they just havent been online the last couple of weeks!
Gandalf_82

#158 Post by Gandalf_82 »

No updates from anyone?

If my recipient hasnt posted by the weekend to at least confirm receipt of said present I'll put my pics up. They arent a particularly active person on these forums what I can see anyway but would have been nice if it was received if he'd at least confirmed it arrived ok!
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#159 Post by SpellArcher »

Gandalf_82 wrote:I'll put my pics up.
Would be great to see them.
azur

#160 Post by azur »

I will put some pics up to, here is the model based on the theme of the army woodelves winter/autumn i made for Duranthalis, as you might see im not the most talented photographer.. So Duranthalis, perhaps you are better then me on this?

hopefully this can inspire the leftovers to finish their models :wink:

Gandalf_82

#161 Post by Gandalf_82 »

Good work buddy! No idea what model that is i'll be honest! Photos give a good idea at least of the model :)

My photography isnt any better and wasnt the best job ever but I enjoyed painting something different... my recipient said he was planning on starting an army of death so here's what I sent. (UK internal post so I would have expected it to get there fine...)

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#162 Post by SpellArcher »

azur wrote:theme of the army woodelves winter/autumn
I really like the contrast between the muted colours (cloak back etc.) and the yellow/green etc.. My favourite unit from my Wood Elf army does something vaguely similar.
Gandalf_82 wrote:I enjoyed painting something different.
I'm not mad about the 7th edition vamp models but I really like the 'ghostliness' achieved here.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#163 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I wasn't part of this year, but I did kind of make up for last years piss poor effort.
I won this box set at a tournament, and thought why not paint it instead, some rather Pan Oceanian themed Imperial Service Sectorial models.

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Gandalf_82

#164 Post by Gandalf_82 »

Gandalf_82 wrote:I enjoyed painting something different.
I'm not mad about the 7th edition vamp models but I really like the 'ghostliness' achieved here.[/quote]

Someone knows their models! I just bought that direct from GW so didnt realise it was that "old". If i'd had more time i'd have thoroughly enjoyed a conversion but I was keen to make sure I was able to get something done relatively close to on time so I just went with an off the shelf model. Would be nice to hear it at least made it to its destination!

So anyway I have a package arriving on Tue where postage was underpaid, not expecting anything i've bought so outside chance its from one of you guys... watch this space (or not!) More than likely its a bill or some such!
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#165 Post by SpellArcher »

Gandalf_82 wrote:Someone knows their models!
Thank you.
Gandalf_82 wrote:So anyway I have a package arriving on Tue where postage was underpaid, not expecting anything i've bought so outside chance its from one of you guys... watch this space (or not!) More than likely its a bill or some such!
Fingers crossed!

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#166 Post by Prince of Spires »

SpellArcher wrote:
Gandalf_82 wrote:So anyway I have a package arriving on Tue where postage was underpaid, not expecting anything i've bought so outside chance its from one of you guys... watch this space (or not!) More than likely its a bill or some such!
Fingers crossed!
Here's to hoping. Santa didn't have a very good run this (or rather last) year...

Rod

Check out my plog

Gandalf_82

#167 Post by Gandalf_82 »

SpellArcher wrote:
Gandalf_82 wrote:Someone knows their models!
Thank you.
Fingers crossed!

Nah, it was a hammer i'd ordered off eBay and the seller hadnt paid enough postage! Most disappointing... still nothing received here and looking like thats not going to change given the lack of responses from anyone yet to send!
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#168 Post by SpellArcher »

That's a real shame.

:(
Lord Drakon

#169 Post by Lord Drakon »

Dear Ulthuans,

Sorry for returning back so late! I was running late but painting my Santa's gift when I did not received anything, combined with graduating and losing the hobby out of the eye all together I totally forgot about this!

Unfortunately I still not received anything so I hope that is due somebody not sending. I will continue with my very very very late Secret Santa's gift though since I have been painting again lately.

I love this idea but it might not have been the best idea for me to join, I hope the late summer Secret Santa gift will make up for it!

Dear regards,
Lord Drakon
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#170 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Hey good to see you are keeping at it. This was by far our worst year, but hopefully a few more of you can finish up. Much better late than never.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#171 Post by Prince of Spires »

Indeed. Better late then never. A lot of people somehow dropped out this year. Not sure what happened.

Check out my plog

azur

#172 Post by azur »

Any updates? =)
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#173 Post by SpellArcher »

Sadly not as far as I know.