Secret Santa 2016

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Andrew_uk

Re: Secret Santa 2016

#121 Post by Andrew_uk »

Is it worth doing a quick tally of everyone involved, marking down each person as Sent/Received?

Here's the original list, please correct me if there were any additions and please update the Sent/Received statuses;
Shannar, Sealord Sent/Received
azur Sent
Duranthalis Sent/Received
Gandalf_82 Sent
Aicanor Received
Prince of Spires Sent
Lord Drakon
Andrew_uk Sent/Received
direweasel Sent/Received
SpellArcher Sent/Received
Domine Nox Received
Malossar
Imrik Gwindorian
Updated five times as of 24/2/17, last updated by SpellArcher
Last edited by Andrew_uk on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log
Lord Drakon

#122 Post by Lord Drakon »

My secret santa will become a secret new years gift. Sorry for the delay!
Gandalf_82

#123 Post by Gandalf_82 »

Lord Drakon wrote:My secret santa will become a secret new years gift. Sorry for the delay!
So will mine, realistically I will get mine finished sometime in January and in the post. Am making steady progress, just finding time to pick up the brush. (On that note I'm off to grab a cheeky 30 mins now!)

Apologies to my recipient, hopefully worth the wait!!
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#124 Post by SpellArcher »

Keep it up guys!

:)
direweasel

#125 Post by direweasel »

I have both sent mine out, and received mine. So thank you! :)
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#126 Post by Prince of Spires »

Progress has been made. Assembly is at about 90% and I hope to finish this week. After that "all" I need to do is paint it. I should get it done this month (also since life will interfere in Februari, limiting hobby time for some time to come). I've hit a few problems in assembly, I'll get them sorted out but it will take some thinking.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#127 Post by Prince of Spires »

Small update, assembly is complete. Hopefully I can still get it primed this week. Should be doable, though my evenings are filled with social obligations. But I should get a short gap somewhere to prime it. Small issue is that my airbrush is currently not available. So priming will probably be done using a spray can primer I still have lying around. But I'll need to see. Next week should see a lot of painting happening. And I hope two weeks is enough to complete the painting. 1st of February is really the latest moment I still have time before real life kicks in. So I should get it done before then.

Rod

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#128 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Mine arrived while I was gone. I'm currently way to sick to take and post a picture but if the sender wants to that would be great.
Andrew_uk

#129 Post by Andrew_uk »

5 Sent, 5 Received. That would imply none in transit.

I'm looking forward to my Secret Easter Bunny present :lol:
Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#130 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Andrew_uk wrote:5 Sent, 5 Received. That would imply none in transit.

I intended to get back to work on mine as soon as I got back. However the last 3 days have not been ones where I've been in any kind of condition for painting. I should still be able to get it out mid January though.

Hopefully most others are on a similar schedule.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#131 Post by Prince of Spires »

Shannar, Sealord wrote:
Andrew_uk wrote:5 Sent, 5 Received. That would imply none in transit.

I intended to get back to work on mine as soon as I got back. However the last 3 days have not been ones where I've been in any kind of condition for painting. I should still be able to get it out mid January though.

Hopefully most others are on a similar schedule.
Paint has been applied :) The very base layer over the priming is in place. I think there's even already 3 colors on it, which would count as painted for some tournaments ;) And I'm indeed aiming for before end of January. Should be possible in my case. Nothing too extravagant to paint. Mainly a case of apply butt to chair. :)

Rod

Check out my plog

Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#132 Post by Domine Nox »

I hate myself that I am so far behind. But it will get done. I am still here. Recipient you are not forgotten!
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48766]Nox's Painting/Modelling Log[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60529]Nox's Battle Report Log[/url]
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#133 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

I got some decent work done on it today. We're getting close.
Gandalf_82

#134 Post by Gandalf_82 »

Mine is about 60-70% done and im sort of happy with it so far. I think i'm on track for getting it posted this month.

Whoever got me, I'm glad you're running late as well, makes me feel less guilty about not having finished mine already!! (and genuinely no rush, even if it ends up being months! All good fun...) :)
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#135 Post by Prince of Spires »

I think I'm at about the 75% mark. I've started on details, which both means that I'm nearly done and that there is still loads of work to do. It at least is starting to look like a unique and interesting model. I do hope the recipient will like it. Being done before the first of februari is going to be tough. But I can still make that and otherwise it should be close after (hopefully).

Rod

Check out my plog

Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#136 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Still not going as fast as I like. But I think it will be ready tomorrow.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#137 Post by Prince of Spires »

About the same here. Finishing up details. Then the base and it's done. Aim is to get it in the mail this week.

Check out my plog

Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#138 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

I could put it in the mail as is. But there are a couple little things I want to improve. And i can't remember where i put the batteries.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#139 Post by Prince of Spires »

Finished last night. All that remains now is to find a box it fits in, package it and put it in the mail. Hopefully tomorrow, when I have some time. But definitely somewhere this week.

Check out my plog

Gandalf_82

#140 Post by Gandalf_82 »

Should get mine finished at the weekend, its done but some little bits I want to improve. Also want to get some daylight photos before I send.

It isnt great but then I dont think it's terrible. Hopefully the recipient likes it!
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#141 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Pictures will be taken after dinner. Then it will go in a box. And to the postoffice tomorrow. Sadly that makes it Feb, I was really hoping to finish in Jan.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#142 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Well it's boxed. And I just logged in to usps.com to print a shipping label and realize I'm a dufus and deleted his address. So there will be a delay while I wait for Aricor (I spelled that wrong) to answer my PM.

Oops. :oops:
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#143 Post by SpellArcher »

Some good progress here.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#144 Post by Aicanor »

Sorry for the absence. I'm quite far behind and this weekend is not going to make it better. But I will finish it sooner than last year, promise!

I see we've had no word from Malossar and Imrik (and me, but I am remedying that right now). I'll try to contact them again and let you know.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#145 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Boxed, and label printed. Postman will pick up tomorrow.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#146 Post by Prince of Spires »

It's in the mail. From past experience I would guess it will take about a week to get there. I hope it stays in one piece. I tried to package it as good as possible and stuffed lots of bubblewrap in there. But you never know with the mail-deamons...

Rod

Check out my plog

Aicanor
Rainbows

#147 Post by Aicanor »

A package arrived today and in it... Lothern Santa Sky Sleigh Boat (although I doubt it is meant to be used to distribute presents). Brilliant, thanks, Santa! It took some (slight) damage on its journey through the void I hope to repair tomorrow. I'll take pics when its done.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#148 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Shannar, Sealord wrote:Boxed, and label printed. Postman will pick up tomorrow.
It's in the proper country, and already on it's way. That might make it faster than some similarly sized packages that I sent to places in the US at the same time.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#149 Post by SpellArcher »

Andrew's status post at top of this page updated.
Andrew_uk

#150 Post by Andrew_uk »

Mines arrived :) it got here yesterday all the way from the US but I only got around to opening it now. I'm sorry to say it got damaged in transit so no photos until I get it repaired. It's a plinth/statue with a Dragons head protruding from some large wings.

It makes a great display piece. I've not measured it properly though, so I'm not sure on its suitability as a unit filler