Proper carrying case?

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

sco0terkid

Proper carrying case?

#1 Post by sco0terkid »

I'm not sure if this topic goes here, but I'd like to ask the high elf community on what carrying cases that they find suitable to carry high elves?

I started high elves (Well, getting my own models) a couple months ago, and I've been working on them since then. However, I don't think I actually thought about how to transport them. My main army being Skaven, I just kind of put infantry in 50-man blocks magnetized to a movement tray and place them in a small storage bin (Works pretty well.. fits all my characters and about 300 of my rats). My monsters/war machines go in a separate container I specifically made for them (Basically just renovated a tool box. Holds them pretty well though).

However, I really don't think I can just use a box to place phoenix guard, silver helms, bolt throwers, and monsters in.. Too many differently-shaped models. Plus, I think it'd be a good time to finally pick up a proper carrying case with some battlefoam.

Any suggestions?
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

Re: Proper carrying case?

#2 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Honestly, go with the box.
Ptolemy

#3 Post by Ptolemy »

I owned Citadel Cases, Battlefoam, Army Transport, etc.

Here is what I now do and I care more about my painted minis than my son.

Buy 1 magnetic white dry erase board.

Magnetize ALL of your minis AND their movement trays (easily done with some products from companies like Litko and GF9)

Stick magnetized army onto dry erase board.

Carry to store. Play.

Done.

I transport my armies like this exclusively now. I find any foam case just puts to much pressure on fiddly joints and leads to almost certain doom/breaks/bends/snaps.
[quote]Tethlis: "Most GW female sculpts tend to look like a surly transgender woman of the night, and it would be nice to avoid that if possible."[/quote]
Hawkoon

#4 Post by Hawkoon »

If price is less of an issue Tablewar sells some awesome cases for very easy transport of magnetized models.
If the shipping to Europe weren't horribly expensive I'd have one by now, but for now I'm just going to keep drooling while windows-shopping...

Linky-link: http://www.tablewar.com/categories/Cases/
Kimahri

#5 Post by Kimahri »

That tablewar display case is pretty slick. Has anyone seen one in person? I havent transported any HE stuff yet, but for my 40k stuff I made my own. Bought a Rigid toolbox at home depot for 35us and then made my own foam tray. Total in estment was about 50us and maybe 2 hours time cutting the foam.
Andrew_uk

#6 Post by Andrew_uk »

Kaiser Rushforth (KR) Multi Case

I've got the 4x one in metal. Very customisable and you can use the case builder on their website to tell them what you plan to put in to it. Plus because you can always just buy more foam you can use the same case for multiple armies and just have spare foam lying around when you want to change between the 2
Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log