Attempts to clear a Hobby Back Log - 2014

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Ratvan

Attempts to clear a Hobby Back Log - 2014

#1 Post by Ratvan »

So I decided that it's about time that I cracked down and finished off some of these projects that I started last year and never got around to completing, essentially I am skint.

To Do List:

High Elves: - 2400
Convert Annointed on Phoenix
Paint Griffon BSB
2x 5 Reavers
2x 15 Sea Guard
2x 5 Dragon Princes
11 Sword Masters
7x Shadow Warriors
2x RBT

High Elves: - Additional Pieces
2x Skycutter
Loremaster of Hoeth

I am also looking at taking my Orcs and Goblins to 2800 Points for an army display showcase at the end of the year preceding a Tournament, I need to have it complete by Halloween. So a fair bit of work is going to be going into not only the army but re basing the whole thing after confirming my list which needs to be done in September. I've never played a game of that size so will have to have a few games and find out what works. Basically means I have to create an army from scratch but I have most of the pieces in some form or another.

So first post I will address with a WIP shot of my High Elves and also some speculation about my OnG list.

Collection as it stands

WIP Reavers

WIP Seaguard

What do you think of the Yellow and Blue? Am thinking of doing a Saphery theme to the army colours, am still deciding on spot colours but thinking Red.

OnG Project, needs a display board so need to build one and some terrain (maybe include a fight with another army somewhere)

Orc Warboss, Shield, Armour of Destiny, Sword of Strife, Potion of Foolhardiness
Goblin Great Shaman, Arachnarok Spider, Catchweb Spidershrine
Orc Big Boss, War Boar, Great Weapon, Dragonhelm, Potion of Toughness
Black Orc Big Boss, Enchanted Shield, Terrifying Mask of Eee!
Goblin Big Boss, Giant Spider, Light Armour, Charmed Shield, Dragonbane Gem, Sword of Anti Heroes
Goblin Big Boss, Battle Standard Bearer, Short Bow, Light Armour, Shield, Banner of Eternal Flame
5 Wolf Riders, Shield
5 Wolf Riders, Shield
22 Goblins, Short Bow, Shield, Full Command, 2 x Nasty Skulkers
40 Night Goblins, Musician, Standard Bearer, Nets
34 Orc Big 'Uns, Shield, Musician, Standard Bearer, Razor Standard
6 Trolls
2 Goblin Wolf Chariot
Goblin Wolf Chariot
Snotlings
Giant
Goblin Rock Lobber
Goblin Rock Lobber
Mangler Squig
Mangler Squig

A Few of my Greenskin Units, most are still Works in Progress as I strip and repaint most of what I own and painted nearly a decade ago (yeah long time)

A lot of my units like the Squig Herd above have unit fillers made up of some of my older models like the Fanatic Fillers on my Night Goblin Units.

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=59241&p=857158#p857158/url]My MSU Battle Reports[/url]
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=60865/url]My Orcs and Goblins Thread[/url]
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62115&p=866549#p866549/url]Da Dok's Workshop - 40k Orks[/url]