Corsair Shadow Warriors

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

The Call of the Hunt

Corsair Shadow Warriors

#1 Post by The Call of the Hunt »

So I wanted to assemble the new shadow warriors as Sisters, and you end up with a bunch of extra parts. All you really need to get a whole new set of shadow warriors are cloaks and legs. Enter the DE corsairs. I'm not sure about this, but here's a test model... I would have liked to have used the torsos from the Shadow Warriors, but they don't really fit the corsair cloaks, as there's too much body included in each...

[img]Shadow%20Warrior%20Corsiar[/img]
Aicanor
Rainbows

Re: Corsair Shadow Warriors

#2 Post by Aicanor »

Not bad at all with a naval theme, but perhaps get rid of the collar?
The Call of the Hunt

#3 Post by The Call of the Hunt »

Aicanor wrote:Not bad at all with a naval theme, but perhaps get rid of the collar?
Thanks for the tip. I built up the whole unit, cutting off the most obnoxious collars and leaving on the smaller ones. The way the shoulders work is a little different in the corsairs, which led to some... interesting poses.

http://imgur.com/a/rveX9

Cheers
Prince Asarion

#4 Post by Prince Asarion »

Doesn't even really need a naval theme. I can quite easily see Shadow Warriors hunting Corsairs and keeping their cloaks as a trophy.
Check out my [url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40192]c/b/plog[/url]

[size=85][i][color=#0000FF]Army - L ~ D ~ V ~ SV - Year[/color][/i][/size]
[size=85][i][color=#BF4000]HE --- 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 8 - 2012[/color][/i][/size]
[size=85][i][color=#BF4000]HE --- 0 ~ 0 ~ 1 ~ 0 - 2013[/color][/i][/size]
Dorian

#5 Post by Dorian »

Looks good! I've been looking for an excuse to use the corsairs sprues for some time and this seems to work!

I especially like the idea of Shadow Warriors hunting Corsairs and taking their cloaks (or skinning dead cold ones). Idea stolen!
Rowena

#6 Post by Rowena »

Wow, they look... really tough! I definitely wouldn't want to make those guys angry. Great job. Will you post pictures when you paint them up?
My painting blog
Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#7 Post by Aicanor »

Yes, they look great. I can't imagine the SW wearing anything of Druchii, but Cold one or Sea drake skins... definitely yes.
Rowena

#8 Post by Rowena »

I'm sorry to go off topic, but as you have both boxes I would like to ask: would it be possible to combine a Shadow Warrior cloak with Corsair torso and legs?
My painting blog
Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#9 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Rowena wrote:I'm sorry to go off topic, but as you have both boxes I would like to ask: would it be possible to combine a Shadow Warrior cloak with Corsair torso and legs?
The cloaks are also the back half of the torso. So it would be possible, but not just simple kit bashing.
RogueSun

#10 Post by RogueSun »

Rowena wrote:I'm sorry to go off topic, but as you have both boxes I would like to ask: would it be possible to combine a Shadow Warrior cloak with Corsair torso and legs?
Note: I don't have the models in front of me. However, they should fit up with minimal effort. Corsair torso/cloaks share the same design as PG/WL torso and cloaks, which appears to be the same design shared by the Shadow Warrior/Sister kit.
Wolfen

#11 Post by Wolfen »

Pics

Lines up pretty well, minimal work required.
Loran
Location: At Bugman's, enjoying a tankard of the finest Dwarf ale

#12 Post by Loran »

Looks good mate, really love the idea. If you don't mind, I'll borrow the idea a bit for a few models :)

Wolfen: Thanks for the pics, that really helped! Now to get some more Shadow Warriors and Corsairs :P

- Loran
High Prince Schen Karr, Dragon Lord of Caledor
Lord-General of Ulthuan, Lord of the Shadows, Sword of the World Dragon

Prince Kharan Drannath, Drachau of the Druchii Colonies

<+Hyarion> "Loran may cause addiction to mindless online games"
Rowena

#13 Post by Rowena »

Thanks very much, this helped a lot. I knew it is possible to kitbash Corsairs with Phenix Guard (good to know White Lions work as well) ad wanted to check if the design was the same.
Thanks again! :)
My painting blog
eladimir

#14 Post by eladimir »

Was going to post the same thing so I'm glad this works
$60 for 10 Shadow warriors/sisters.
Build Sisters
$30 Corsairs Box to steal the legs
Poof 10 Shadow warriors.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#15 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Heck, just go to a bitz store, not even $30 =P
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]