[HE] Frostheart Phoenix

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

fulton911

[HE] Frostheart Phoenix

#1 Post by fulton911 »

Hi all,

i'm going to work on a Frostheart phoenix, but i have difficulties to find out which citadel paint do i have to use to get a nice result.

Could anyone help?

Thank you! :D
John Rainbow

Re: [HE] Frostheart Phoenix

#2 Post by John Rainbow »

Are you trying to recreate the one in the HE book? There are no rules that say you have to! You can pick any colours you like.

Also, see this article:
http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=68944
fulton911

#3 Post by fulton911 »

thank you for your answer John.
yes! i try to use same colors as on the box (the one that we can also see on the GW website)

I think for the body it's Stegadon scale green / Sotek green / Temple guard blue.
And for the wings it's white and Lothern blue.

But i'm affraid to do mistakes since i am a beginner, and I don't want to ruin my model :lol:
Teledor

#4 Post by Teledor »

To quote a master.. "We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents." Paint away and you'll be surprised what happens.

http://youtu.be/_Tq5vXk0wTk
John Rainbow

#5 Post by John Rainbow »

Teledor wrote:To quote a master.. "We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents." Paint away and you'll be surprised what happens.
I agree! Get painting and learning! In some ways a bigger model that you can drybrush is a better place to start than a smaller model anyway.
thommo21

#6 Post by thommo21 »

Hi Guys,
Im having trouble getting my to stand on the mounted platform.. seems a little front/head heavy, any ideas to get over this problem
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#7 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Yes, a lot of people relocate the hole so it's more centered. There are tutorials for that all over the interwebs.
Andrew_uk

#8 Post by Andrew_uk »

If you're painting the phoenix base it in white. Look at any kind of flame and the centre is white, then yellow, then orange, then red on the tips

Same theory with the Frosty - start white and work through whatever purples and blues take your fancy

I say this because traditional advice for model painting is to do the opposite which creates shade. Anything like a phoenix you want the light to appear to come from within
Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log