The Gloomy Host of Chaos

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Russell the Muscle

The Gloomy Host of Chaos

#1 Post by Russell the Muscle »

For simplicity's sake I thought I would separate my Elven Plog from the Daemon Plog.

So started to work on a Daemons of Chaos army here is one of the GD's I have been working on while paint dries. GW decided to sell me a Keeper of Secrets with two left legs. So they sent me an new one so I made a cast of the missing leg with Green stuff and instant mold .

Some washes

The somewhat finished KoS; not entirely pleased with the horns and sword.

Worked on the sword some:

So continuing with the Daemons of Chaos. I wanted some Plaguebearers. I only owned 20 of the metal ones so before they came out with the plastic Plaguebearers which are really cool I saw online someone gave a tutorial on converting Bloodletters into Plaguebearers. At the time to me it was a daunting task since my green stuff modeling skills are fairly limited. So here is how I did it. Again I didn't come up with the idea. It was a guy on warseer's tutorial, I merely copied his idea. Here are the photos:

I used a few Genestealer heads to add variety. The Bloodletter heads I just used sprue clippers to shorten and filed to round it smooth.

Made the paunch with green-stuff and a pen to make pock marks.

Added some green stuff to the spine, used a blunted pencil and exacto knife to make the divots and spinal segments.

Glued some eye pieces from chaos spawn into some of them, saved me from having to scuplt eyes which would have been dreadful.

Made a musician for fun

Here's a few photos of the lot.

Primed them

The painting process: I figured they were just core so as long as they were table standard worthy.

Next layer of wash

Washed the tongue red, painted the eye red. I painted the sword boltgun, with some sepia wash and blazing orange to make it look rusted.

Added a few highlights to the flesh and nails and made a skit like iris.

And the unit painted up:

Started to base them

Here are my Bloodletter to Plaguebearer conversions mixed in with my metal ones.

I figured I'll post some more Daemons stuff if people are interested. This plog has really kept me motivated.

My Flamers of Tzeetch with the Changling and Herald of Tzeetch BsB.

Worked on my Fiends of Slaanesh.

I hope you like.

I got my Keeper of Secrets primed and gap filled but wasn't sure on a color scheme. So I finally decided to go with a black, chainmail, and red on the Slaanesh models which will complement my Khorne models.
As most of you know my photography skills are terrible, but alas a few pictures of the test unit.

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40607]The Shining Host of Saphery[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=43300&p=791003#p791003]The Gloomy Host of Chaos[/url]

When talking about Dark Elves: [quote="The Silly Dragon"]Nah we High Elves are taller as we are more superior to those inbred idiots! :wink:[/quote]
Silver
Shiny and Polished

Re: The Gloomy Host of Chaos

#2 Post by Silver »

Nettes are looking great. Similar colors to some of my units.

The keeper of secrets model is just ... too old and since I own 2 of the Forge World Keeper of Secrets, I really don't like the normal KoS model! O: So I won't comment on it further than this ;D

For the plaguebearers I was planning the same but never got around to it x: Thankfully the plastic ones came out!
I have to say this though: Plaguebearer models are easy to clean, barely any mold line to clean up while the bloodletter mold lines are hell to clean t_t between fingers, small bits around the sword hilt, etc - x_X
Really eager to see if there will be a daemon book in March x: I hope so!

Nice work so far :3
Kalandros Shadowsun