Archer options

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

beencounter

Archer options

#1 Post by beencounter »

Hey all, I have the plastic archer kit but Im left a bit cold bt the models and dont feel they fit the rest of the armoured force too well. Does anyone have links to pics of archers unit converions? particularly hear swaps, Id like to see what they look like with different heads from the range.
Ferny
9th Age Moderator

Re: Archer options

#2 Post by Ferny »

I've seen a couple of cool archer conversions on her, depending on your style...I'm afraid I don't have the google-fu to find the pics though.

One was based on a reaver torso - very flambouyant and dynamic - I stole that and plan to use him as a hawkeye. I can't remember the leg base, but probably archer/spear/chariots, as they're the spares everyone has. I think it might have been Dorian (sp) who did that?

I've also seen cool looking archers made from the chariot sprue, as their bows are chunkier and more ornate, and the arm is at an interesting pose.

But the simplest one I've seen is a straight headswop for spearelf heads - which is I think pretty in keeping with the old ed archers.
The 9th Age: Alumni

Former Roles: Advisory Board, HR, Moderator and Highborn Elves Army Support
Browncastle

#3 Post by Browncastle »

I used shadow warrior legs on my phoenix guard, to make them more dynamic, so I had lots of PG legs left, I made some archers from the current, with those legs, that looked quite good. But why not just go for Sisters of avelorn, and convert them with the bows for Shadow warriors and possible the helmets!
[url]http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=41281[/url]
Averlorn

#4 Post by Averlorn »

I use the old shadow warrior miniatures (the metal ones) to represent my archers. Personally I think they fit quite well (posted them on the forum too)