Painting and Modelling Index

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Silver
Shiny and Polished

Painting and Modelling Index

#1 Post by Silver »

I'm thinking there's a nice enough clutter of Stickies - we shall lighten the load a bit!
I'll be keeping previously-stickied threads in here.

Some threads will remain stickied - Painting Challenge of "Current Month" and the Santa event until it is closed for the year.

An Asur takes on any task with careful planning.
Painting & Modelling Guide to the Asur

Need inspiration? (Warning: may have the opposite effect on some! Don't give up though!)
The Ulthuan Painting Showcase

For whats under our feet~
The Official Basing Thread

Because each province likes to show off in different colors!
Regional Colour Guide

And because we love them wavy flags
High Elf Banners

How to best showoff!
Photographing Miniatures

If you feel there are other threads that should be added here, feel free to request them!
Kalandros Shadowsun
Spider Hunter

Re: Painting and Modelling Index

#2 Post by Spider Hunter »

Hi. As a former Orc and Goblin player one thing I especially liked about their forum was 'Da Gallery'.
It's a section where you have a different cat for each of the troop types in your army where you can upload pics for viewing. No comments allowed, just pics. I found this especially useful for looking for ideas instead of hunting through blog after blog on the sites. From personal experience I think this would make a great addition to the forum.

P.s forgive me if it's here and I've missed it :)
jinxs

#3 Post by jinxs »

Erm hello there ! So I recently got back into the hobby and picked some of my old elves off the shelf, and started to repaint them (slowly...). Needless to say they were not very well painted, but this time I wanted to start to paint them abit better.. so I was off to find some guidelines from GW:s site to find out that they had removed most of the guides :<

Luckily I had saved some of them as images for later use! As much as they will help me, I hope that they would help other people too..so I decided upload them here too.
(So these are from GW:s island of blood HE guidelines, if mods think that they should not be online. Feel free to delete this post )

nomibucha

#4 Post by nomibucha »

this is very nice sharing i really like it very much
TyraNoah

#5 Post by TyraNoah »

I have been getting into digital art. I use Adobe Photoshop in my Pc and Ipad. Products pretty lose to greatness. Who else in here has tried this?