Rainbow Warriors - Princess of Saphery...

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Aicanor
Rainbows

Re: Rainbow Warriors - Princess Aicanor

#404 Post by Aicanor »

High up the Tower of Irian, tall windows of the dining hall were open. Silky, translucent muslin curtains were billowing in the fresh breeze in a swirl of soft colours. The view was breathtaking. The Sea of Dreams glittered under the azure sky and it was just a step through the high arches to the balcony outside. It encircled the tower of Irian in a weightless, gracious filigree of stone and metal, overgrown with flowering roses of every colour, giving out sweet, fresh scent. From there, one could see for miles and miles in every direction. Far below a sleek, ebony black ship could be seen at anchor. Isha’s Grace, Lord Nenuvar’s flagship, was ready to sail.
But the three elves, two men and a woman, stood in the hall with their backs to the empty horizon, dazzling and cheerful in the glow of early evening sun, staring at each other somewhat wide eyed.

"So they come." said one of the three, a young man richly attired in a high collared white shirt and robes of blue and yellow silk.
"They come, brother," said his companion, with a glance back at the empty sea. His black hair was tied back with silver twine and he wore a long coat of scale mail over his robes..
"We have to send a messenger to White Tower then," said the first one.

“No doubt they already know, Tinwal, how could they not?” said the young woman, also clad for battle. “Soon they’ll have enough to deal with themselves.”
She turned away from her brothers, clutching the hilt of one of her twin swords. She seemed to watch the portraits on the inner wall of the chamber intently. A woman of considerable beauty was looking, life-like, from one of them at the sea outside the windows, silver hair glinting in the sun. A loving hand painted every stroke of the likeness of Lady Irian long ago, loving hand of the lord whose grim portrait hung next to hers.
Raven haired and pale-skinned, their great grand-daughter looked much more like her forefather, once from Naggarythe, than Lady Irian. She knew their story as well as her brothers did. Eyes still fixed on the portraits, she spoke. “What did father say, Alcaran?”
“To hold the tower,” said her warrior brother.
“But can we?”
“We must,” said Tinwal, also glancing at the portraits of their ancestors.
“If we must, we will,” she smiled grimly.
“The Tower’s defences are strong,” offered Alcaran, the eldest of the three.
“But what of the port?”
“I’ll do what I can.” said Alcaran. “I have to return to the ship anyway.”
“But...” Tinwal stared at his brother in dismay.
“But what?” asked Alcaran, frowning. “I can’t let her be destroyed or captured. She's needed.”
“You know full well I can’t take command if I have to work the magic defences. If you leave, who...”
“I will,” said Aicanor more bravely than she felt.

I don't know if that makes sense, but it is part of the story that inspired the base. So once again I present you Aicanor, Princess of Tor Irian:

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#405 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Nice work Aicanor, the Druchii don't stand a chance!
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Myth

#406 Post by Myth »

Nice work!
Beside all good conversion, painting, bases, what I like the most is dead Druchiies :twisted:
Aicanor
Rainbows

#407 Post by Aicanor »

I was almost sorry for the Druchii as I painted him. That must have hurt...
But they should have never entered the gardens of Tor Irian. This is the last great invasion (year 138 of Finubar's reign) and they invade Saphery. They'll get the town, but not the tower and the bulk of their army will continue on to Hoeth, leaving a smaller force to eliminate the rest of the defenders. Alcaran's damaged ship will at the very last take refuge at the coast of Avelorn... And the rest is history. The siblings will survive, their father will not return from Finuval plain though.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#408 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Thirty years before Elessehta's birth, a sad tale.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#409 Post by Elithmar »

I love it, especially the blood effect on the druchi. Also very nice fluff. :)
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
Aicanor
Rainbows

#410 Post by Aicanor »

Thanks, Elithmar! I found out Blood Red mixed with purple makes best "gore". :mrgreen:

The story is not as sad as some others. The story of their ancestors is worse in that matter (working on that one too, but I am bad at finishing things... an unsure they are any good anyway). Do you think Aicanor and Tinwal should use the old Naggarothi (meaning Naggarathi) family coat of arms in the battle? :wink:
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#411 Post by Elithmar »

I think there might be some confusion if they wore the Naggarathi coat of arms! :lol:
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#412 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

They should be using the family coat of arms of the most dominant of the family lines, and considering how far the North has fallen...
Aicanor
Rainbows

#413 Post by Aicanor »

It could go something like this:

"Do we dare, sister?" Tiwal made a sweeping gesture to the wall. The banner that hung next to the portrait of their great grandfather was not used for millenia.
"I am not sure they will appreciate the joke, brother dear."
"Well, I will," he winked at her. "I am getting tired of the hide and seek. Let us liven the game up a little. Please?"
"And how that helps?" Aicanor asked. But tired as she was, she straightened up a little. This, after all, was ancient and treasured heirloom of their house.
"They will know exactly where we stand," he smirked.
"Indeed," she grinned. "If they ever puzzle out why we so proudly display one of their own."

I tried and painted the Thiaran banner of Falmaloci (coiled snakes) just in case we need it. :lol:

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#414 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Well played M'lady!

I love it when people do things to story, not just because it's good.
Mireadur

#415 Post by Mireadur »

Nice banner indeed. About the showing of gored dark elves mixed with the purity of a delicate elven maiden.. Im not so convinced :P
Aicanor
Rainbows

#416 Post by Aicanor »

Mireadur wrote:Nice banner indeed. About the showing of gored dark elves mixed with the purity of a delicate elven maiden.. Im not so convinced :P
That's bad, what am I to do about it? :mrgreen:

It is the advantage of the lance - you stay clean a little while longer. There really should be less gore on the DE, but where is the fun?
Of course, I have the "no-gore, no-Dark Elf" version to use in battles, he's just for show. :wink:

I also finished the army banner.

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#417 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I really like those world dragon toppers!
Aicanor
Rainbows

#418 Post by Aicanor »

I also like the symbolic quality (not to mention how they look :D ). Meanwhile, I am almost done with converting my Secret Santa project. It came out quite... unorthodox. I hope they'll like it. :mrgreen:
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#419 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I'm still waiting for green stuff! it took a whole week to process and ship the order, I'm expecting it Monday. I really want the model finished before November so I have a whole month to paint it.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#420 Post by Aicanor »

I am also waiting for one final part, but it is not vital, I can start painting without it. Hope you get the green stuff as soon as possible.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#421 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Yea, I can't really start until the green stuff has been done.
I really like how the old banner of your ancestors of Nagarythe seems hastily attached.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#422 Post by Aicanor »

I imagine it was not used for a very long time. But it was my poor needlework that did it, I am afraid. :lol:
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#423 Post by Elithmar »

Maybe it should be tattered?
Aicanor
Rainbows

#424 Post by Aicanor »

Elithmar of Lothern wrote:Maybe it should be tattered?
If I decide to take it to battles and it will be eventually. I used ordinary printer paper.
dangit

#425 Post by dangit »

It is good to see a sapherian at long last, but not nearly as good as getting away from those damn Caledorians...

But more importantly I want to see more posters (goes and sulks in the corner)!

Also the cloak is amazing. Thirty plus hours :shock: !
Member of the [url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32214]Mage Knight Guild[/url]
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#426 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Tattered, that is a family heirloom!
dangit

#427 Post by dangit »

Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:Tattered, that is a family heirloom!
Yes I agree.
Member of the [url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32214]Mage Knight Guild[/url]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#428 Post by Aicanor »

It just hung on the wall in Tor Irian for last few thousand years...

@ dangit, do not sulk. :wink: You asked for a poster, so you get to choose which kingdom you want represented. I suppose I can even do Druchii one if neccessary.
That will be my November pledge. 8)
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#429 Post by Elithmar »

You are so selfless. ;)
Aicanor
Rainbows

#430 Post by Aicanor »

Elithmar of Lothern wrote:You are so selfless. ;)
Compared to the Eatainii? :lol:
dangit

#431 Post by dangit »

Aicanor wrote:It just hung on the wall in Tor Irian for last few thousand years...

@ dangit, do not sulk. :wink: You asked for a poster, so you get to choose which kingdom you want represented. I suppose I can even do Druchii one if neccessary.
That will be my November pledge. 8)
Ooh thank you! As for the kingdom, I think I would like Tiranoc [-o< .
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#432 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Aicanor wrote:
Compared to the Eatainii, Druchii seem selfless ^_^
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#433 Post by Elithmar »

Aicanor wrote:
Not all Eatainii are selfish! Maybe... :?