Rainbow Warriors - Princess of Saphery...

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

Re: Rainbow Warriors - Loremaster - done?

#751 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I really like how his eyes turned out.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Il Maestro

#752 Post by Il Maestro »

Wow, sorry I've been late to these posts!

Amazing work on the loremaster, I love the freehand on the inner cloak - incredible! =D> It's little touches like this that can make a model truly amazing, well done!

The only thing I would mention is the rune on the blade - not sure if it's meant to (or if you just missed the touch-up :) ) but there are a few small blue parts on the white that I think should be removed.

Otherwise it's an incredible model, very impressed!!
[b][url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40568]The House of Black Flames: A Druchii Project[/url][/b]
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#753 Post by Elithmar »

Wow, he's great! I love the sword and the rainbow octopus. The freehand is amazing too. You're just too good at painting. :D
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
Aicanor
Rainbows

#754 Post by Aicanor »

Elithmar, Il Maestro, thanks for the feedback! Glad you like the model. it may seem strange, but he's quite dark compared to the rest of my command. But it suits the backstory I have in mind for him.

Also, I found this post today on the Warhammer Empire forum (the famed WL deathstar discussion). While I see why that is not exactly fun unit, I'd say personal reactions like this are way too much. :shock: [-X
Battlekruse wrote:I really hope that the High Elves players are really enjoying there new toy The Banner of the World Dragon. But it is a broken toy and I really hope that GW will make a errata in the High Elves army book soon. My fellow High Elves allies even say its too og powerfull, flowerpower and that kind of rainbow colour effect.
I might just quote it in my signature. :lol:

In other news, I have some more pics of the loremaster, just to spite the flowerpower hater. Here is the sword, slightly repainted. Not sure it shows.

And the scales on his shoulder repainted. The problem here is not the paint, but the greenstuff work. but I can already see a few more things that need some more work. But not today... :lol:

And a beginning of my new project - i have two phoenixes assembled. They will not be corporeal ones, but elemental spirits. So the spirit master (a.k.a. Annointed) will not be riding them, but standing on the base if I want to play him (or used separately).

You know how the phoenixes look, so I won't bore you with lots of grey - here is beginning of the Spirit master.

tinman

#755 Post by tinman »

Aicanor wrote:They will not be corporeal ones, but elemental spirits. So the spirit master (a.k.a. Annointed) will not be riding them, but standing on the base if I want to play him (or used separately).
That is such a great idea... I have this same idea for my dragon. I'm not sure why I didn't think of it here. I was about to go buy another phoenix seeing I didn't build in magnets into the crest of my frosty one. You just saved me $70!! Thank you!!
How much wood can a woodchuck chuck??..
solith

#756 Post by solith »

I'm not quite sure what changed on the Loremaster. Did the moon on the sword hilt get more colour or is that just the photo? Either way it looked fantastic before and it looks fantastic now. :D

I like the Anointed. The pose looks like he'll be standing on top of something and looking down at his enemies, it's cool!
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44644]My painting log[/url]
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=51340]My battle reports[/url]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#757 Post by Aicanor »

This feels almost like necromancy, but I have an update at last.

Captain of the White Guard of Saphery (I should probably rename it Emerald Guard #-o).

solith wrote:I'm not quite sure what changed on the Loremaster. Did the moon on the sword hilt get more colour or is that just the photo?
Scales on left shoulder and the runes on his sword, but it was quite subtle change.

@ tinman, I hope we'll see your version of the Anointed soon. ;)
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

Re: Rainbow Warriors - White Guard of Saphery

#758 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Nice, but isn't there already an Emerald Guard somewhere?
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#759 Post by Aicanor »

Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:Nice, but isn't there already an Emerald Guard somewhere?
No idea, but it is very much possible.
Eight more models to go to form this experimental unit. I may use the "Sisters" rules for them, it makes sense to have archers with magical bows in Saphery...
tinman

#760 Post by tinman »

Aicanor wrote:@ tinman, I hope we'll see your version of the Anointed soon.
I will post a pic in progress. I used the new Loremaster model (I must be one of the only ones who actually likes the pose). I switched out the head arms and made a couple of other changes from the original...
How much wood can a woodchuck chuck??..
Ptolemy

#761 Post by Ptolemy »

Really nice Loremaster. Love the Rainbowball effect. Looks great!
[quote]Tethlis: "Most GW female sculpts tend to look like a surly transgender woman of the night, and it would be nice to avoid that if possible."[/quote]
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#762 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

tinman wrote:
I will post a pic in progress. I used the new Loremaster model (I must be one of the only ones who actually likes the pose). I switched out the head arms and made a couple of other changes from the original...
I've made no changes to mine, I like him. I need to write up a list to use him at the next club meet I can get to.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#763 Post by Aicanor »

Thanks, Ptolemy! I had to put the rainbows somewhere eventually. :)

I used the last model for some experimentation (nmm and such things that give me headaches, but I feel I need some practice to get better). This SW/ Archer unit is already different from the rest so they are going to suffer. I am so evil. :look:
tinman wrote:
I like the model most of the new ones with possible exception of the Skycutter box - so many options. I think they made the pose more extreme than neccessary. If I didn't like the Loremaster, I wouldn't bother with a conversion that took much more time and effort than there is visible effect. Learned a lot though.
Mireadur

#764 Post by Mireadur »

I think those legs for the annointed are way better than the ones supplied with the phoenix kit (which are ridiculously bad proportioned/modelled).

The emerald guard should change his operations base from saphery to averlon :mrgreen: . But.. What are those mold lines im seeing on the model.. [-X .
Aicanor
Rainbows

#765 Post by Aicanor »

Mireadur wrote:I think those legs for the annointed are way better than the ones supplied with the phoenix kit (which are ridiculously bad proportioned/modelled).
I'll have to get more chariot kits just for the spare legs, haha. The original mini looks a bit ridiculous with those static legs and oversized wings on his helmet and shoulder guards... Mounted he looks much better.
Mireadur wrote:The emerald guard should change his operations base from saphery to averlon :mrgreen: . But.. What are those mold lines im seeing on the model.. [-X .
Mould lines? I found one but not in this set of pics (back of one glove), but there can be more, or it is bad photo, or bad and hurried painting. :?:

They have a lot in common with Avelorn elves, but I think I'll let them be the White Guard (they have white cloaks after all). :mrgreen:
Mireadur

#766 Post by Mireadur »

Yes the foot annointed is one of the ugliest and silliest HE models ive ever seen.. And that is a mold line i say! hehehe. (right glove, from the wrist the end of the glove, thumb side).
Aicanor
Rainbows

#767 Post by Aicanor »

Mireadur wrote:Yes the foot annointed is one of the ugliest and silliest HE models ive ever seen.. And that is a mold line i say! hehehe. (right glove, from the wrist the end of the glove, thumb side).
That must be a seam. 8) :lol: Thanks, seems I need to be more careful when preparing the models. Honestly, I try. :lol:
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#768 Post by Elithmar »

The white guard is great. :) In the first picture, though, he looks to be leaning over a bit. Is this just the picture?
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
Aicanor
Rainbows

#769 Post by Aicanor »

Elithmar wrote:The white guard is great. :) In the first picture, though, he looks to be leaning over a bit. Is this just the picture?
That is the way glade guard body fits on the archer legs, you can see it on the third pic. Thanks for the comment, he's definitely good enough to fit. But I definitely need more practice. :) And also to figure out how to paint faster...

@Mireadur, I checked that line, it is not really a mould line, I got a bit overzealous removing it with hobby knife. :lol:
Aicanor
Rainbows

#770 Post by Aicanor »

I think an update is in order. I finally managed to paint for a few hours. As you may know, I recently acquired two cute little things that can be only described as Force of Destruction. At least when it comes to Warhammer

So here is how I managed. Perhaps some of you have the same problem - no safe and permanent painting place and will find is somewhat useful. So here is the tutorial how to set up and clear your painting place in five minutes.

Step one - keep it secret, keep it safe...

A box from Ikea (APA), four little wheels. And a few generic boxes to keep the treasured tools of trade in so they stay organized.

So it is just open at convenient moment of time...

set up...

...do not forget safety measures, for the danger is not far away (note for myself - keep the wet pallette and brush water at least partially covered with lids - these two seem to be irresistible).

Paint...

At this stage, don't forget to stow it all away before the kitties try to paint something themselves... :lol:

As they say elsewhere, happy painting!
Last edited by Aicanor on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RE.Lee

#771 Post by RE.Lee »

Love the kittens, its a good thing mine is only vaguely interested in the mortal world at all. :)

Great painting as usual - keep it up!
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Aicanor
Rainbows

Re: Rainbow Warriors - Wolves and workplaces...

#772 Post by Aicanor »

Thanks! I certainly hope I won't have to be this careful with painting supplies once they grow up. :mrgreen:
Aicanor
Rainbows

#774 Post by Aicanor »

@ Mireadur, guess why I started painting the wolves? 8)
Mireadur

#775 Post by Mireadur »

Aicanor wrote:@ Mireadur, guess why I started painting the wolves? 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#776 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

Finally caught up with this. Can't wait to see more of those wolves :D (No reason....honest :P )
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Besides, the battle of Finuval Plain was more a minor skirmish anyway. A good enough summary would have been "Teclis and Malekith ran into each other. Teclis cast The Dwellers Below on Malekith with IF, and Malekith failed his Strength test." Not much more to it then that really.[/quote]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#777 Post by Aicanor »

No coincidence with your army backstory at all. I see. ;)
There might be some WIPs soon, but of course Secret Santa comes first.
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#778 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

Not at all, I don't know what you're talking about :wink:
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Besides, the battle of Finuval Plain was more a minor skirmish anyway. A good enough summary would have been "Teclis and Malekith ran into each other. Teclis cast The Dwellers Below on Malekith with IF, and Malekith failed his Strength test." Not much more to it then that really.[/quote]
Aicanor
Rainbows

Re: Rainbow Warriors - Secret Santa

#779 Post by Aicanor »

2013 was not a very productive year for me when it comes to painting, but today I can finally close it off with the Secret Santa project. It was a challenge I greatly enjoyed. So glad deamons of the Warp didn't get her after all.

Unpainted model (for those who wonder, she's purely GW with some modelling work added).

Sadly, I was unable to take many WIP pics and here is one of the (very minor) reasons:

Aaaand... Santa's little helpers...

I hope she'll bring you luck, Teledor!
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

Re: Rainbow Warriors - Secret Santa!

#780 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Nice work miss, how you did it with those two harassing you the entire time is a wonder.