Rainbow Warriors - Princess of Saphery...

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

Re: Rainbow Warriors - High Loremaster poster

#241 Post by Elithmar »

Don't leave me to make decisions! My family is renowned for indecision! :shock:

Umm...Ellyrion? It's certainly a kingdom that doesn't get much love.
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#242 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I <3 Reavers, and the stories of Tor Elyr make it sound amazing.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#243 Post by Aicanor »

Elithmar, you need to practice then. :wink: And there is support (thanks, Elessehta!) for your choice, too, so Ellyrion it is. Looking forward to paiting horses!
Talifan

#244 Post by Talifan »

*Sees poster...drools at the cloak work...then passes out*
[color=#FF0080]Live and Fight with Honour, for We are the Most Noble[/color]
[color=#0000FF]2012 Games - (W/L/D) 49-1-0[/color]
[img]http://mawhammer.yolasite.com/resources/Gem1.JPG[/img]
Lord Whitestar's Leviathan Company Champion.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=38785]Blog[/url]
[url=http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000297179244]Facebook for Talifan[/url]
[quote="Aicanor"]Yes, Sapherian princes are an evil bunch.[/quote]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#245 Post by Aicanor »

*Sprays rose water on your face. Wonders what spells did Everqueen's handmaidens weave into the brocade.*
As Elithmar put it, elven princes are not supposed to lie on the ground. But thank you very much! ;)
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#246 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Elessehta chooses to sleep in a tree, when roughing it, because that's where Tiralya likes to sleep ^_^
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#247 Post by Aicanor »

@ Elessehta, Wood Elf style then? I wonder what would Elithmar think of that. ;)
Personally, I do not mind grassy meadows or forest floor for bed, but white marble of the Tower can be somewhat uncomfortable.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#248 Post by Elithmar »

Elithmar thinks only this of elves who sleep in trees and undercoat their models by hand ;) : peasant.

The only way to sleep is with a soft matress under you and a mobile over you ;) (or an elven maiden beside you 8) .
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#249 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Aicanor wrote:@ Elessehta, Wood Elf style then? I wonder what would Elithmar think of that. ;)
Personally, I do not mind grassy meadows or forest floor for bed, but white marble of the Tower can be somewhat uncomfortable.
Elessehta hasn't considered trying to teach Tiralya where to sleep, she likes trees for some reason(although, she is getting a little big now a days). Elves have an affinity with nature, so it makes sense that spending time in it should be done.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#250 Post by Aicanor »

Don't worry, there are large enough trees on Ulthuan. Elves surely have other opinion on what comfort and luxury is than Humans. But I bet marble floors are not too comfortable for sleeping. Should I use more water on Talifan? He seems to be out still...
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#251 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

It's Winter, the water here is pretty cold, you could try that...
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#252 Post by Elithmar »

And we have plenty of water here. It's supposed to be Summer.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#253 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

When is there going to be an Ellyrion update?
Aicanor
Rainbows

#254 Post by Aicanor »

And we had enough storms to make Mathlann smile. Alas we do not have a sea. :lol:

Ellyrion update is somewhat slow in coming (it is not fault of the horses). I have these two Ellyrians and can't decide which one should have the honour.

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#255 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Clever musician conversion, what did you do with the other arm?
The Harbinger is such a dynamic model, I'd chose it, or is Elithmar still deciding?
Aicanor
Rainbows

#256 Post by Aicanor »

Elithmar said he didn't like to have to decide, but he can of course still say which model he likes more. :wink:

I was lazy and left the other arm as it was, he looks like he is going to punch someone.

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#257 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

It looks like he's handing the horn to someone, and if someone's foolish enough to take it BAM!
Aicanor
Rainbows

#258 Post by Aicanor »

"You think you can blow a better note? Come and take it!"
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#259 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

You've got the line for the poster before finishing the model, amazing! You have to do the Musician now.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#260 Post by Elithmar »

I was going to say it depends what the caption will be, but that is an excellent one! Bravo! :D
Aicanor
Rainbows

#261 Post by Aicanor »

All right. It seems Ellyrians are passionate not only about horses. I may do more heroic poster later.
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#262 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Here, hold this.

*insert picture*

Thwack..!!
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Head of the Ninth Age 'High' Elves of Light Army Support.

The Mighty Pen (App) Link coming soon
Aicanor
Rainbows

#263 Post by Aicanor »

Asurion Whitestar wrote:Here, hold this.

*insert picture*

Thwack..!!
Yes, just like that. :lol: How can anyone think High Elves are boring is beyond me.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#264 Post by Aicanor »

No painting, but I started to play around with these (they'll become Shadow Hunters of Saphery (or White Wolves, or something like that). I am still in a "testing" phase...

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#265 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

They look cool.
Nyrotheth

#266 Post by Nyrotheth »

You have done an amazing job with your entire army so far, I am novice who has just started painting (very basic skill, no past experience), and let me tell you... your work is very inspirational. I hope to one day be able to achieve similar quality work. Bravo.
[size=150][color=#BF80FF][i]<3 Nyrotheth <3[/i][/color][/size]
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#267 Post by Elithmar »

Have you done some work on the first one's hair? I thought I saw some greenstuff...

The cloak on the first looks a little awkward. Maybe bend it in the middle?
Aicanor
Rainbows

Re: Rainbow Warriors - Shadow Hunters WIP

#268 Post by Aicanor »

@ Elessehta, glad you like them, I will add some fluff later.

@ Nyrotheth, thank you for the kind words, I'm honoured! Painting minis for almost two years now and I am still learning something new with every project. I hope you'll enjoy the hobby as much as I do.

@ Elithmar, yes, I did, and will probably do one more layer of greenstuff there and at the waist. I remove the WE armour from their heads because I do not want the rangers look too much like Asrai.
The cloak will have probably to stay (almost) as is, but it will be slightly better attached. I don't think I will manage to bend it the way I need to...

Another hunter girl (slight adjustments will probably be done once the glue sets).

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#269 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

She has a familiar? Very nice, I like how you're adding some of the fair sex to your army, I'm waiting for my maiden guard, and Elamor.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#270 Post by Aicanor »

Oh yes, hunters need hounds. What I am doing are in fact two units. The wolves will be proxies for SoM War Lions (I love these models), the Elves will, rules-wise, serve Shadow Warriors and sometimes perhaps Archers (if I can put them in line).

I will call them Shadow Hunters of Saphery. Like Shadow Warriors or Chracian hunters or even, these Elves do not care much about palaces and towns, choosing to live in the wild. While Saphery may seem to outsiders as peaceful land, it is still a network of magical laylines. It is more akin to near Avelorn than wild winds of magic as in the northern slopes Annulii, but it still has its dangers. Shadow Hunters hunt these magical shadows. They probably pass freely into Avelorn and back and trace the paths through Annulli - Saphery shares the mountainous border with Yvresse (and who knows what can emerge from the mists there).
Elusive lords of the Shadow Hunters are known to hold council with the High Loremaster and wield magic of their own.
From the time unknown even to them there is a pact between them and wolves from the Annulii. From time to time when a white cub is born, the pack brings it to the Hunters to join them, in exchange, the Elves leave the wolves in peace. Unless high in the snows of the mountains, these cubs have little chance to live to their maturity, but this way, they have a chance to grow strong and become valuable allies to the Elves.

Here is another one, Hunter Lord this time: