Converting a WE Highborn to a BSB?

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Ignus

Converting a WE Highborn to a BSB?

#1 Post by Ignus »

Ever since I saw the model for the Highborn I was in love with it. Now I know he's a Wood Elf and all, but I think that with the right colours he could fit right in with the rest of a HE army.

Now, my idea was to make him into my Battle Standard Bearer, probably in a fairly simply manner since I don't have much experience with converting yet.

What I was thinking is just adding a banner on his back in the place where the bow is, or maybe on the base behind him if there's room (I haven't had a chance to look at the model since I don't own it yet).

Has anyone thought of/tried doing this before? Or know of any particular reasons why it might not work?
Andrew_uk

Re: Converting a WE Highborn to a BSB?

#2 Post by Andrew_uk »

Thats a really nice model, but I don't know if I'd convert it... maybe just keep it as a noble armed with great weapon and bow, he may get played one day and is a wonderful model to own/paint
Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log
Ignus

#3 Post by Ignus »

Yeah I could probably just run him in small games without having be a BSB. Not sure why I didn't think of that.

Now I'll actually have a reason to buy him and see how it's all put together to check for any room for conversion.
Ptolemy

#4 Post by Ptolemy »

When you want to make a cool model into a bsb but don't want to convert it, simply plant a standard in the ground behind him. The banner from the Chariot kit is aces for this.

It gives the model the appearance that he is, in fact, defending the General's colors to the last.
[quote]Tethlis: "Most GW female sculpts tend to look like a surly transgender woman of the night, and it would be nice to avoid that if possible."[/quote]