My dragon project

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

Re: My dragon project

#31 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Either way I have more than enough on the go to last me well into the next 2 years, what with the speed I paint
I figure I've got a solid couple decades :? Of course I said the same a couple decades ago.. #-o
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#32 Post by Prince of Spires »

Shannar, Sealord wrote:
Either way I have more than enough on the go to last me well into the next 2 years, what with the speed I paint
I figure I've got a solid couple decades :? Of course I said the same a couple decades ago.. #-o
Lol... Did you purchase any new models in the mean time? I'm slowly working towards the bottom of my todo pile. Mainly by simply buying hardly any new models. With about a hundred models left to do I think I've got another 5 years or so ahead of me...

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Andrew_uk

#33 Post by Andrew_uk »

Prince of Spires wrote:
Shannar, Sealord wrote:
Lol... Did you purchase any new models in the mean time? I'm slowly working towards the bottom of my todo pile. Mainly by simply buying hardly any new models. With about a hundred models left to do I think I've got another 5 years or so ahead of me...

Rod
I've not actually bought anything new in over a year (other than 1 new character for my Chaos army). My girlfriend bought me 2 boxes of Black Guard for xmas and they're what I'm currently working on :) That was kind of at my suggestion but only because I know I'm difficult to buy presents for.

There's not much else I have planned for my armies except a bunch of maybe stuff which I may well end up getting one day

Maybe a unit of Corsairs re-armed with great weapons to be my white lions, maybe a Phoenix, maybe a unit of Mournfang Cav to be my Nurgle Skull Crushers...
Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log
Gandalf_82

#34 Post by Gandalf_82 »

Sounds like a few of us in the same boat! I have easily got years and years of painting ahead of me to "catch up" so I made myself stop buying Elves a few months ago. Alas I've now also started playing Flames of War...

I should be banned from eBay!! hehe
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#35 Post by Prince of Spires »

It's a very warhammer player thing to do, buying more models then you can paint... On a few forum you can (or at least you could a few years ago) find references to "the pledge" made by players. The aim is to paint more models in a year then you buy. Which is really the only way to actually get through the backlog.

I keep my own records in a slighly different way (like in my signature...). But sort of the same idea. The aim is to reduce the amount of work left to do. And I think I managed to get more models painted then I bought the past 2 years. And so I actually managed to get more models done then I still have left to do. Small victories... ;)

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Gandalf_82

#36 Post by Gandalf_82 »

Prince of Spires wrote: I keep my own records in a slighly different way (like in my signature...). But sort of the same idea. The aim is to reduce the amount of work left to do. And I think I managed to get more models painted then I bought the past 2 years. And so I actually managed to get more models done then I still have left to do. Small victories... ;)

Rod
I like that idea, will be quite amusing when I count up. Do you count models or units or what for each number?

I can definitely see how easy it is to over buy, especially when new releases are out! I've got 2 Phoenix's, 2 Lothern Skycutters and 2 boxes of Shadow Warriors/Sisters of Averlorn and only one Phoenix has made it out of the box!! (Although it is fully painted)