Maccwar's Mantic High Elves

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Maccwar

Maccwar's Mantic High Elves

#1 Post by Maccwar »

First post!

I've finally got round to finishing off a few bits an pieces on my (mostly) Mantic High Elf army and I thought I'd take the opportunity of taking a few photos to share.

All in all its a mix of Mantic, GW, Gamezone and Avatars of War.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

Re: Maccwar's Mantic High Elves

#2 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

An impressive looking army, I like how you've painted the Great Eagles and Griffon to match each other, the colour scheme is crisp and ties every unit in. I really like the characters, any chance of some closer pictures? And what are those warmachines?
Last edited by Elessehta of Yvresse on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Maccwar

#3 Post by Maccwar »

Thanks.

The war machines are from the Mantic range.

Here are some close ups. I've redone all the shields since these were done with transfers which are far neater than my freehand symbols.

The eagles are from gamezone.

Some Mantic cavalry (usually fielded as Dragon Princes).

GW Dragon.

Mantic Palace Guard (White Lions).

Mantic Palace Guard (Swordmasters).

GW IoB Griffon.

Some wound markers for Kings of War.

Mireadur

#4 Post by Mireadur »

Nice army. I notice the transfers in the shields, you need to apply blue in the borders of the transfer just so the reflecting transparent areas of them dont show =D>

Also a small request.. Would it be possible some closer pics on the mantic knights? thanks =).
BorkBork

#5 Post by BorkBork »

Am not really a fan of the individual mantic high elf (although i like their cavalry)
But they just do what they are supposed to do and that is looking pretty awsome in large numbers.

Great army. Nicely painted.
[color=#00FF40][b]BORKS WAAAGH ON DA WARPATH[/b][/color]
[url]http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=25246[/url]
Aerendar Valandil

#6 Post by Aerendar Valandil »

Well said, BorkBork.
Calaedor

#7 Post by Calaedor »

Looking great man, Kinda never liked the look of the Mantic elves till now. Those Palace guard as white lions are kinda awesome xD

Alos just wondering what are the Gamezone eagles made from? metal/plastic/resin? and does that one thats almost vertical stay on it’s base well....They look awesome, but a tad bit difficult to get to stay on a base.

If you get more pics of your army, I’d appreciate it xD Like I said...Looking cool!
"Kind of like sleeping with someone before you dump them, except instead of sex its teclis.”
- eriktheguy.
tinman

#8 Post by tinman »

Mireadur wrote:I notice the transfers in the shields, you need to apply blue in the borders of the transfer just so the reflecting transparent areas of them dont show
I find that if you apply your transfer to a high gloss finish, and then top coat it with a matte finish your don't have to worry about the transfer's glossy edge.
How much wood can a woodchuck chuck??..
Maccwar

#9 Post by Maccwar »

tinman wrote:I find that if you apply your transfer to a high gloss finish, and then top coat it with a matte finish your don't have to worry about the transfer's glossy edge.
That's what I've done with the batch I did yesterday and it was worked a treat. The wound markers etc were done without.
Alos just wondering what are the Gamezone eagles made from? metal/plastic/resin? and does that one thats almost vertical stay on it’s base well....They look awesome, but a tad bit difficult to get to stay on a base.
Metal ... badly fitting metal. They're held together with superglue, green stuff and hope. They come without bases so you have to sort your own out but that wasn't too much of a problem. The miniatures themselves are lovely though ... and they were cheaper than the GW equivalent.