In the Mists and Shadows of Yvresse.

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

Re: In the Mists and Shadows of Yvresse.

#2251 Post by Elithmar »

They look great. Makes me (almost) wish I hadn't made mine into sisters of Avelorn. ;)
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
Davariel
Chronicler

#2252 Post by Davariel »

Those Shadow Warriors are looking great, always nice to see a suitably sinister and shadowy take on them!
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2253 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I've gone for dark, but sinister, there were some amazing ones down in white, and zOMG they were scary as, I think BrianMage did them.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2254 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Rod suggested that none of you had seen my Maiden Guard yet.

I've had these ladies for ages now, and with Sisters being able to take more Command models, and have spears in the 9th Age, I can use them.
I'm planning on using them at the 9th Age doubles event at the end of the month, this is what my list looks like.

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
RE.Lee

#2255 Post by RE.Lee »

Looking great - love the maidenguard, the handmaiden is such a nice model, if only the new everqueen was on par (glad you went for the classic one)!
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#2256 Post by Prince of Spires »

I'm with RE.Lee here. The new handmaiden is lovely and fits surprisingly well with the old maiden guard models. The new everqueen... Well, I'll just say I prefer the old one. :) It's great to see the unit you've put together and even more so to hear they are actually playable in 9th ed. Maybe I should give the rules a try... Though I would first have to put all my maiden guard models together and get them painted of course.

Thanks for sharing, and let us know how the doubles tournament went. The list looks fun enough and I'm curious how the maiden guard and SW perform in 9th. :)

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2257 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Yea Maidens, and Eagle Claws can deal with chaff, the Reavers, and my team mates Eagles will deal with the rest, his Dryads will do combat work, while my Silver Helms flank them, simple plan.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#2258 Post by Prince of Spires »

You left your SW out of your battle plan. Though their role of course is to simply be kick-ass awesome and to save the day. ;)

Rod

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2259 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Prince of Spires wrote:You left your SW out of your battle plan. Though their role of course is to simply be kick-ass awesome and to save the day. ;)

Rod
Yea I didn't think I needed to say what their job was, they are so flexible that they can do anything.
Most of the time they'll scout directly in front of possible vanguarding enemies, or behind enemy lines to be super annoying.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2260 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Yesterday was a long day, but it was a lot of fun, not a great result, but a couple of close matches isn't bad.
I didn't trust my phone to last, but I did take some photos.

The night before, we thought it best to have a game and see how it plays, his half of the list vs my half.
Forest Spirits are tough.

Round one 8-12 vs a Chaos Dwarf/Orcs list.

Round two 0-20 vs Daemons/Warriors.

Round three 9-11 vs Dwarf/Brets.

RE.Lee

#2261 Post by RE.Lee »

Good to hear you've had some nice games! Those Maidenguards look fabulous on the field =D>
cheers, Lee

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2262 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Thanks Lee,
The Maidens are super nice, and fun to use, I should have used their spears in the last game, shooting fire drakes with flaming arrows was stupid and the offered me a sweet flank charge at one point.

I have an Infinity event next weekend, and needed to paint a Raiden, and some more Keisotsu up for my JSA.
Thought I'd throw them up here, just to show that I'm being distracted by other things, and so not working on my SS model.

That's the whole 150p list ^_^
Jimmy
Centurion

#2263 Post by Jimmy »

Hey matey

Looking good. What systems are you playing these days? I hope that unpainted terrain isn't yours! :)
Nec Sorte Nec Fato - Neither By Chance Nor Fate

X-wing Blog
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2264 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Jimmy~
I still play everything hey, that terrain was my mate Johnny's, he'll paint it one day, maybe.
Not saying I don't have unpainted terrain, none of my Malifaux stuff is painted yet, and I've had it at least twelve months now.
My Infinity terrain is a work in progress, the buildings need some colour, and all the scatter boxes need doing.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2265 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I'm back~
Wow it's been two months, and I've done quite a lot of hobby, none of it Elven, but when has that stopped me posting? =P
I recently attended Australia's biggest War gaming event, Cancon, where I participated in the Infinity tournament.
It's a long way to travel, so I chose the system with the least amount of models. I had to paint up a couple of things for that;
A ninja, and cool token box, I've also been working on terrain for 28mm Moderns, and I did a test piece up for an Aegis Defence line for my 30k army.
I had this awesome 12 days of Christmas, where I got a heap done, I painted all my Arena Rex stuff, I painted almost 200p of a new Infinity faction,
I started on some new Bushido figures, I got the base colours down on a model car for my Infinity table too.
I'll see about putting some photos up at some point. In fantasy news, it's fallen to me to TO my club's fantasy tournament this year, so I actually need to get more into this new stuff.
Swordmaster of Hoeth
Southern Sentinel

#2266 Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

I missed CanCon this year unfortunately. I attended 4 years in a row and this time I hoped I will be there for the first KoW tournament during this event. Next time I guess :)

How was CanCon in general this year, Ele? Have you attended one before so that you could compare?

Twitter @SwordOfHoeth

High Elves MSU - Observations
Rabidnid wrote:Are you seriously asking someone called Swordmaster of Hoeth why he has more swordmasters than white lions? Really?
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2267 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

It was huge, I haven't been before, but I'm totally going back next year.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#2268 Post by SpellArcher »

The Maiden Guard are really good Ele.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2269 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

They are, and being able to use them is so dope.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2270 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

So last weekend I attended a 9th Age event, I wrote some words, not many, and posted some pics in the 9th Age section of the forum. I normally post that sort of thing in here, but having to do that twice on a Thursday night, yea nah~
Here is a link if you are interested in seeing how I fared; A Call to Glory 2016
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#2271 Post by Prince of Spires »

Only some pics?? ...

Thanks for putting up the report.

Rod

Check out my plog

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2272 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Eight months since I posted in here, and ye gads I did a lot of painting in that time, just no elves. I recently gave all of my Asrai and Druchii away, but you guys know I'll keep my Asur forever. I just need to find something new to paint for them. I could paint another griffon, and I really should get a couple of Skycutters.
At the moment I'm working on Team Yankee, 40k, Bolt Action, and Infinity.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#2273 Post by Prince of Spires »

All pictures are welcome of course. Not just of elves :) So feel free to share what you've painted :)

Are you still missing some painted models from your collection of HE? Trying to be complete is always a good motivation :) I love the skycutter model. I know many people find it silly (same with the lion chariot). And it's not very good in game (at least not in 8th ed. it's probably better in 9th). But it's very elven and fantastical.

Rod

Check out my plog

RE.Lee

#2274 Post by RE.Lee »

Good to hear you hanging in there Elessehta!

The Skycutter is a great model, the opportunities for lovely plumage :lol: The Lion Chariot is like the only thing I'm still considering adding to my army.
cheers, Lee

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2275 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Yea I think the Skycutter is at least one of the last things I need, and considering my Sea Elf theme, it's odd that I don't have at least one yet.
I might have a look and see what I've done in the last few months and upload some pics as a recap this weekend.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2276 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I'm freaking terrible at this, but I'm only a week late. I was far too lazy to go through all my pics, but I uploaded some of what I've been doing since I disappeared to my photobucket.

I guess I should post some of them here too;

Sereqet

Date Masamune

Firefly VC

Voyager?

ISS starter box

Imperial Fist defence line number two

Team Yankee
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#2277 Post by SpellArcher »

Great stuff dude!

The Firefly brings back memories.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#2278 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

SpellArcher wrote:Great stuff dude!

The Firefly brings back memories.
Thanks mate, I'll try to update here more, as going through the hundreds of pics I take is a nightmare to do. That firefly is a lovely resin model in 1/56 for my Bolt Action stuff, I should compare it to a 15mm one I painted years ago sometime. I'm a fan of the 17pdr gun the tank itself isn't great. My A34 Comet on the other hand, has a better cannon, and it's a better tank, but even it can't compare to my Centurion.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#2279 Post by SpellArcher »

Elessehta of Yvresse wrote: I'm a fan of the 17pdr gun the tank itself isn't great. My A34 Comet on the other hand, has a better cannon, and it's a better tank, but even it can't compare to my Centurion.
As I recall, they had three half-way decent tanks by the end of the War. The Firefly, the Comet and the Churchill VII, all for different reasons. Then they deliver the excellent Centurion too late to fight. Go figure!

:)
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#2280 Post by Prince of Spires »

Some lovely models in there. You have indeed been busy... I really like the paint job on the ISS and the Masamune. And the Voyager one is something else entirely. Airbrush?

The tanks I'm not sure of. They look a bit flat perhaps. But that could also just be my unfamiliarity with tanks in general.

Thanks for sharing them.

Rod

Check out my plog