Looking for Highelf Shields (with dragon)

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Icarion

Looking for Highelf Shields (with dragon)

#1 Post by Icarion »

Dear Elven Lords and Ladies,

i am looking for shields for my highelf army. Since it is going to be a Caledor themed army, they should be with some kind of nice looking dragon on it.
Does anyone know a trader or a 3D printer that does such things?

Stay healthy,

Icarion
Caledor for life!
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

Re: Looking for Highelf Shields (with dragon)

#2 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

I've got a few of the old embossed ones I think. I know I've got some green stuff copies. If those interest you, you can have to copies for postage.
emptyhat

#3 Post by emptyhat »

:x If you are still looking for a solution for this and you can get your hands on a couple of the shields then you can use bluestuff and milliput to clone them to have as many as you want. So far I've done this with some of the older Lizardmen shields so I could have some 5th ed Saurus warriors with the same fish shield for the whole unit, and some of the skink shields from the same period, and some Bretonnian shields. It isn't too hard though you might need to cut down and file them a little if you overfill.

Bonus is that you can use some of the reject ones as battlefield detritus.
Icarion

#4 Post by Icarion »

Thanks guys, but with bluestuff i can replicate the ones i have. I already got another idea... ;)
Caledor for life!
MasterOfNone

#5 Post by MasterOfNone »

Icarion wrote:Thanks guys, but with bluestuff i can replicate the ones i have. I already got another idea... ;)
It's the first time I come across bluestuff, after reading about it here I have found out how it works and it seems fantastic.
In the past I have made moulds out of wax, but it does not work that well and it's single use, so it's a lot of work.
I think I am going to give this blue stuff a try...
My painting blog

My WHFB armies:
High Elves
Dwarfs
Orcs and Goblins
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#6 Post by Prince of Spires »

MasterOfNone wrote:
Icarion wrote:Thanks guys, but with bluestuff i can replicate the ones i have. I already got another idea... ;)
It's the first time I come across bluestuff, after reading about it here I have found out how it works and it seems fantastic.
In the past I have made moulds out of wax, but it does not work that well and it's single use, so it's a lot of work.
I've used it in the past (or something similar, not sure if it was called bluestuff...), and it works great. One thing I found is that Milliput works better for this then regular greenstuff. It's softer when you're working with it and it sets harder then greenstuff. This means that it will take on details of your mold better and it will keep them better than greenstuff does. It's also cheaper, which is great if you're replicating bigger items :)

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#7 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Prince of Spires wrote:
MasterOfNone wrote:
I've used it in the past (or something similar, not sure if it was called bluestuff...), and it works great. One thing I found is that Milliput works better for this then regular greenstuff. It's softer when you're working with it and it sets harder then greenstuff. This means that it will take on details of your mold better and it will keep them better than greenstuff does. It's also cheaper, which is great if you're replicating bigger items :)

Rod
You also avoid the flex that greenstuff can have. It sometimes ends up strange on a shield depending on where it needs to be attached to the mini.
Icarion

#8 Post by Icarion »

i found out, that when you put the greenstuff you´re working with into a glass of warm water, if gets softer and will probably therefor be better for the use with bluestuff...
Caledor for life!