Mireadur's log. Caledor BSB Done, HE completed 30/05/22

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Mireadur

Re: Mireadur's HE Log (New SH horses done! 27/2/11)

#271 Post by Mireadur »

Thanks for the compliments and your interest. I will make my best to remember the camera. All my friends are very good and dedicated painters and their armies are such a nice thing to behold. Its so great to be this lucky and be able to play with some guys so passionate and geeky.. Hehe, we are the kind of players who do ritual dances before throwing some important dice and yell strong in the name of our gods to gain their favour :mrgreen:
Mireadur

Re: Mireadur's HE Log (New SH horses done! 27/2/11)

#272 Post by Mireadur »

Hi again people. As promised i took the camera with me for our monthly gaming day and took a good number of shots =).

Most of the day went in preparing the campaign map and resources for the empire player who just came back to the game after a long break, but finally after lunch we could begin moving the armies on the strategic map (argh.. forgot taking a pic of this one) In the single 6 turns season we played each player got involved in 2-4 battles but we could just resolve 2 of them: My elves agaisnt the dwarves where i won the fight and captured a dwarven dragonslayer, and orcs versus empire where the orcs defeated and ran down the empire. The empire general, a grandmaster inside a big unit of reiksguard knights was run down by...Night gobbos!

Anyway some pics... They arent as good as i had hoped for, but light wasnt good and it appears i had the camera too close most of the time.

First the empire:

Some dwarven action:

DA ORCZ:

Finally a bad shot of my battle agaisnt the dwarves:
Dragon.Prince63

Re: Mireadur's HE Log (The four armies campaign pics 06/3/11)

#273 Post by Dragon.Prince63 »

That's a reeeeeeeally nice empire army :D
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#274 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Those dwarves are nice where are the pics of your army in action? We want elves!

Errr, I should have looked harder, that last pic is clearly elves ^_^'
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
SeBM

#275 Post by SeBM »

Wow Mireadur, that's one gaming group I would love to watch and participate with!!! Reallly impressive armies there!
My own blog [url=http://sebmpainting.blogspot.com/]here[/url]
Armies collected: Lizardmen (main army), High Elves, Skaven, Beastmen
Mireadur

#276 Post by Mireadur »

yes, i feel very lucky considering the current state of the hobby and people's ''instant rewards'' mind these days. Specially because they also accepted to play with heavy modded house rules instead with that crap called 8th edition and GW army books.

I wish there was more like us here in southern Estalia... It would definitely be much much greater if instead 4 we were 8 or 10.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#277 Post by Prince of Spires »

Thanx for the pics. Those are some great looking armies. Personally, I think I like the Dwarfs best.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
pedrogzc

#278 Post by pedrogzc »

Lovely High Elves Mireadur!

I like the imperials to :)

Cheers from Seville.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36119/url]PedroGZC painting blog[/url]
Mireadur

#279 Post by Mireadur »

pedrogzc wrote:Lovely High Elves Mireadur!

I like the imperials to :)

Cheers from Seville.
hi, we actually play in seville our games. In Mairena del Aljarafe is where my friends live. One of them belongs in a very important gaming club of the area, some amazing professionals in it:

http://escenorama.com/shop/page/6?shop_param=
pedrogzc

#280 Post by pedrogzc »

ahahaha I know, I know :)

Hope to see you and your armies over there!
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36119/url]PedroGZC painting blog[/url]
Mireadur

#281 Post by Mireadur »

Hi, i took a month almost off due to high burning out at work! I think i didnt paint more than 4 hours in the whole month so havent finished anything #-o. Anyway i came back home this weekend and found that the components i had purchased online had arrived so i could finish these 2 conversions.

I hope i can have them painted once i finish those damned silver helm riders :oops:

As you can see i changed totally my Phoenix guard captain, and instead went with the new plastic champion, a good hero for my army since im not planning in buying the new PG. The 2nd noble is what i did with the remaining parts, i wanted to have a dual wield noble since it is a cool option which doesnt appear currently in our book. Im not so happy about the head.. so oversized.. But i couldnt find anything better so far.

pedrogzc wrote:ahahaha I know, I know :)

Hope to see you and your armies over there!
Ahh, so you are are friends with Nabil maybe?

EDIT: BTW i recommend everyone here this scenery website, http://escenorama.com/shop/page/6?shop_param=

For just 20 euros they supplied AND PAINTED this elven white tower, it looks great IRL trust me

Also i took these pics of the 3 shelves full with my HE army and the scenery i added to make it look better :mrgreen: (great scenery also i bought to some guy in EBAY from Serbia and who also has a post in this forum).

Thats all, i hope i can recover the painting wishes and finish the damn silver helms before the end of April. See you then!
Last edited by Mireadur on Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
pedrogzc

#282 Post by pedrogzc »

I know Nabil from the web :) surely i have met him in one or two tournament on La Guarida de Hermes
Mireadur

#283 Post by Mireadur »

I will let him know that someone from there lurks in these forums hehe. He despises so much this place for being a pointy eared lair (specially after the dwarven and empire armies got some praises here while his didnt :lol:)
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

Re: Mireadur's HE Log (Ramdom army pics & kitbash 06/3/11)

#284 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

That tower is a fantastic buy, and your elves look great.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Mireadur

Re: Mireadur's HE Log (Lion chariot & Khoril 27/4/11)

#285 Post by Mireadur »

Hi from morocco :p. My log fell to the 2nd page and i was not going to allow this to happen :mrgreen:

Ive had the longest break in a year, didnt forsake painting completely, but i hadnt finished anything the last months. Anyway i took the brushes and a lion chariot with me and after 2 months of barely painting it happens that i put 23 hours in this in just 5 days.

*Will finish the base when back home in 10 days. Also, couldnt geta decent light on it. Better pics when back home also. Hope you like it.

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#286 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

That does look awesome but what happened to the Silver Helms?
tinman

#287 Post by tinman »

Very nice chariot. I Love that banner. Great blending!! Again, nice work.
How much wood can a woodchuck chuck??..
Mireadur

#288 Post by Mireadur »

Tiralya wrote:That does look awesome but what happened to the Silver Helms?
I went on a trip and decided it was better to take with me the chariot and a character than 6 knights. I will finish them as soon as im back home in 1 week..

I also finished this guy today, still is missing the shield and cloak that i didnt take with me, and again, the basing. but this will all be done as soon as im back home.

For those who have been following my log, this one will be a refreshing change i hope. Dont worry i didnt suddenly decide to change my armys colour scheme but i wanted to experiment a little bit and give some variety to the turaquoise through the numerous Caledor characters ive got on the queue.

I think he turned out really beautiful, I have had problems again with the hair, but it is reworked in the last pic, where you can also see the base ruins painted and the model varnished.

Again, will post finished pics when im back home. Update in 10 days. Until then;

[IMG]http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/5345 ... sword8.jpg[/IMG
tinman

Re: Mireadur's HE Log (Prince on horse with fire sword 30/4/11)

#289 Post by tinman »

Beautiful model. You gotta know that I love the bright colors. Bang on paint job!!
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#290 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

He's a noble or Prince he's going to need to stand out and stand out he will!
Sarcon

#291 Post by Sarcon »

Very nice and very classy. I love the combination of colours, works really well. However, besides my praise you are looking for criticism as wel, so here's the first few things that stand out for me:

The turquoise armour looks really nice and smooth. However, the armour of the prince and the horses barding become one hue of turqoise. Maybe it's better to give the prince regular metallic armour, just for breaking the model visually.

I do like the pinkish/purple, but I would keep some element of blue in the model to tie it to the rest of the army.

And the base, but you already knew that.

Great job on being such a motivated painter as wel. You're much better at keeping focus than I am ;)
[b][url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33265]Do not click this link :)[/url][/b]
Mireadur

bout

#292 Post by Mireadur »

Do you think i should give different colours to the horse and knight armours (cant find question symbol in this moorish keyboard sorry)

This is very important because right now im thinking a lot on how i will paint the DPs...

The next caledor model i will paint is a BSB made also from the commander kit. I wanted to paint him red.. Really not sure about what to do now :)

About adding the turquoise identifying colour of the army.. i tried it, but with the sword red, the barding green and the clothing purple i thought it was going to look like a true carnival so i had to discard it... #-o
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#293 Post by Prince of Spires »

Mireadur wrote:Do you think i should give different colours to the horse and knight armours (cant find question symbol in this moorish keyboard sorry)
Try alt + 63 ;)

I actually think that this character will fit into your army quite nicely, even without the turquoise in there. There green blue-ish armour is close enough in color and style to fit in there while still being individual. I also would like to say that I realy like the colors of the armour. It looks very magical.

You should do something about the armour of the rider. It blends in a lot with the barding. Maybe a black shadow line between the leg and the barding will be enough.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#294 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Maybe a light wash?
Mireadur

Re: Mireadur's HE Log (100% Finished lion chariot 7/5/11)

#295 Post by Mireadur »

Thanks for the input guys. i will keep much in mind the issue with the amours melting issue for my next caledor models. I think this one is going to have served its purpose then to avoid future mistakes with the much more important DP unit.

In all truth i i wanted to give this prince the same armour colour of my BSB on foot, because it is the colour i want to use later on the DPs, and needed to be able to reproduce it again after so long. But in the end i failed in the lighter layer so went for yellowish lighting.

Anyway i will see how i can work out the issue you have presented me for the caledor BSB i should paint in around 2 months

PS: the alt plus 3 6 didnt work... no problem as im leaving soon :)

EDIT: lion chariot pics with base finished and a better light. Something to note is the colour of the cloak of Khoril. I went from grey trhough bleached bone to white for a quite interesting final colour that i may use in future models.

I also found how to add the turquoise colour to the ''green'' prince...Still have to paint the shield and a cloak for him :mrgreen:

Finally 2 very close shots on Khoril and chariot details, hope you like the final result!:

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#296 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

You putting some freehand on that banner Mireadur? It looks awesome without anything but imagine how good it'll look with something on there, damn.
tinman

#297 Post by tinman »

Meh, your stuff's alright. :wink: Nice work man!!
Mireadur

#298 Post by Mireadur »

Tiralya wrote:You putting some freehand on that banner Mireadur? It looks awesome without anything but imagine how good it'll look with something on there, damn.
Yeah heheh thats a big problem with my 3 chariots right now... The cloth turned out so great that ive been really scared so far to touch it with one of my poor quality freehands =D>

Thanks for the comments :D
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#299 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Practice the free hand like one million times, make it simple an elvish rune or something similar, you can do this!
Mireadur

#300 Post by Mireadur »

Umm maybe i would go back over the chariot banners the next year, once i have finished painting all the army and can finally begin painting the replacing units of swordmasters and white lions with the new plastics.

I have also finished now the mounted prince. I think im going to leave aside the cloak for now, as it appears i will need to make it completely from GS. I feel personally happy because i ''rediscovered'' the green colour i painted my BSB on foot with with the shield of this prince. That colour is how i want my DPs to be painted.

Also fullfilled the need of giving the prince the army main colour, so i guess i can call it a day with him and move on the next thing: Must finish those silverhelms once for all #-o
Last edited by Mireadur on Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.