Mireadur's log. Caledor BSB Done, HE completed 30/05/22

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Mireadur

Re: Mireadur's classic Stone trolls & more Squig hoppers 02/

#841 Post by Mireadur »

thanks guys. Im only 2 weeks away from returning home to spend the summer at the beach (my home is at the sweet southern spanish coast yeahhh), 3 weeks from getting married and... 3 months from being father :shock:.

Im gonna spend 3 months at home waiting for the baby and considering that today, 2nd of Jun is freaking 15ºC and raining as hell i couldnt be better :mrgreen: .

And 2 more squigs :p

Orange one needs a little bit more contrast... I will polish the technique on the next one i paint that colour...
Tzineris wrote:It turns to be a very fun army! and a very well painted!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: And i am not trolling you!! :lol: :mrgreen:
Very fun to paint indeed!
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#842 Post by Prince of Spires »

Today should be better... Though it's nowhere near southern spain of course.

Congrats on all the live changing events. And have fun during your holiday :)

The squigs look amazing, as always :)

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Mireadur

#843 Post by Mireadur »

Prince of Spires wrote:Today should be better... Though it's nowhere near southern spain of course.

Congrats on all the live changing events. And have fun during your holiday :)

The squigs look amazing, as always :)

Rod
Thanks! I swear this winter has been the hardest experience in my life, when mixing up life affairs + 4 months of lead cloudy skies and freezing!

But sun always shines again... (At least in the spanish southern coast :mrgreen: ).

EDIT:

Only 2 more to go! One will be crimson, the other... yellowish.
Mireadur

#844 Post by Mireadur »

hey guys, not much painting lately...Hes now 50 days and very healthy so far =).

I didnt have much time these last 4 months so i devoted myself to assemble and glue a real lot of models that i had had in boxes since ever. Still i managed to paint some goblins.

Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#845 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Yep, that is a sure way to slow painting down. Worth it though.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#846 Post by Prince of Spires »

I love the squigs. They look amazing. Such lovely, vibrant colors. They make me want to start a goblin army... :)

Congrats on the little boy. He looks very healthy and happy. And I know how you feel about your spare time, with a 7 month old girl. So good job on actually getting something painted :)

Rod

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
RE.Lee

#847 Post by RE.Lee »

Great hoppers, the sharp highlights and bright colours work so well on them! =D>
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Aicanor
Rainbows

#849 Post by Aicanor »

Congrats! I believe this past year or so the elves went from 'dying race' to quite prosperous one, at least here on Ulthuan.net. :lol:
And of course the squigs are nice as well... :wink: I always liked the humorous aspect of the greenskins.
tinman

#850 Post by tinman »

Holy smokes Mireadur, your a dad? Congrats man that's super cool!! =D>
Hope you and the family are well and hoping you guys are getting some sleep.. Painting looks great as per usual..
How much wood can a woodchuck chuck??..
Mireadur

#851 Post by Mireadur »

Hey guys, long time no post here, i havent been paiting as much as i used to because of the baby et all, but still doing some stuff O&G related.

Im actually painting a Squiggoth from 40k that i adapted for fantasy to use instead of the aracknarok which i find completely off for orcs.

Anyway heres the beast. Im only half way through, starting with the castle top as i post. I will use 3 black orcs in it. The boss with a yellow armour, but that should be done by sunday as earliest.

EDIT: other stuff i painted in this year i didnt post! My painted has fallen to the depts of the abyss. I think babies kill inspiration in a way inversely proportional to the increase of happyness. :mrgreen:

On skarsnik i meant the robes black with a blueish hue... but it turned out like that #-o
Last edited by Mireadur on Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Aicanor
Rainbows

Re: Mireadur's O&G log. Squiggoth fantasy version WIP 28/9/1

#852 Post by Aicanor »

Welcome back!
This parenthood thing does make hobbying a tad more difficult, doesn't it? :mrgreen:
The beast is shaping up great, it is good to se you didn't lose touch at all.
Mireadur

#853 Post by Mireadur »

Thanks.. but i trully did lose it... hehe trust me. Painting orcs is extremely pleasant however, specially when youve lost the grasp of techniques as metal lighting and blending.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#854 Post by Aicanor »

Heheh, I don't have to trust you, I know it first hand. :lol: It doesn't show on the model(s) though.
RE.Lee

#855 Post by RE.Lee »

Brilliant as always, love the spider butts :D
cheers, Lee

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#856 Post by Prince of Spires »

I think it's to do with the lack of sleep. That's always an inspiration and motivation killer for me. It gets better though (until you start on number 2 of course...) :)

The Squiggoth looks pretty bad-ass. And I love the spiders. They look great :)

Rod

Check out my plog

Mireadur

#857 Post by Mireadur »

Prince of Spires wrote:I think it's to do with the lack of sleep. That's always an inspiration and motivation killer for me. It gets better though (until you start on number 2 of course...) :)

The Squiggoth looks pretty bad-ass. And I love the spiders. They look great :)

Rod
yeah might be that and that your body and soul is entirely dedicated to the baby.. Now im going to be some weeks alone again working in holland and im using the time for painting hardcore. It might be the reason why this mob is looking quite good i think. I just finished it and have the weekend ahead to paint the 2 of the orcs on top. The 3rd creworc im gonna change it and also want to put a banner up there, but for all that i need to be back home in Spain, also to finish up the base.

So anyway here is the finished up beast, the orc lord i hope i finish tomorrow. I want to do yellow armor.. not sure if my grimgor in white suit is remembered...

Ferny
9th Age Moderator

#858 Post by Ferny »

Models are looking very smart, enjoyed a quick catch up through the thread :)
The 9th Age: Alumni

Former Roles: Advisory Board, HR, Moderator and Highborn Elves Army Support
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#859 Post by Prince of Spires »

Thanks for the WIP pictures. The models are really starting to look amazing (for me I would label them done, not WIP, but you'll probably just make them look even better...). In general I think yellow works very well on Orcs of all kinds. It matches with the green skins and (usually at least) dark details.

What are you planning for the bases?

Rod

Check out my plog

Mireadur

Re: Mireadur's O&G log. Squiggoth warboss done 04/10/16

#860 Post by Mireadur »

hey guys, i finished the warboss.. almost regret using yellow as it took twice or trice the time a normal metal would. And still i couldnt get a very smooth finish. But i like it anyway. Too bad light is horrible and i couldnt get any better pics.

A problem i encountered with the yellow is that when i tried to the cuts and damages on the armour it turned out a little bit looking like a tiger jejejej. I like experimenting with greenskin tones, is rare i paint 2 the same way, and this one in particular i like. Painting skins in different greens is a decission i made when started the army so its gets variety as its mainly green and also makes it a little bit more realistic.
RE.Lee

#861 Post by RE.Lee »

Massive! Love the paintjob, as usual - the metallics are perhaps the most impressive =D>
cheers, Lee

Mireadur

#862 Post by Mireadur »

thanks! yes i also believe they turned out surprisingly well considering my very basic and simple technique for orcish metalics
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#863 Post by Prince of Spires »

The yellow is amazing. I can imagine painting yellow armour like that takes a massive amount of time. The damages in the armour aren't too much like a tiger for me. I like them. And they always give you the option to pick some tiger name for your forces (like "eye of the tiger" for instance).

One thing I did see in the first picture (which is most likely because of the picture...) is that the yellow orc looks like he has a smiley painted on his armour. With the red detail being the mouth, the dark dot above it a nose and then two eyes... :mrgreen: :lol:

Rod

Check out my plog

Mireadur

#864 Post by Mireadur »

yeah 1st pic is with flash light. Its impossible to get good natural light in this part of the world! #-o

Yellow took much longer than normal indeed.. and the result isnt really that smooth. Pictures hide a lot, but it certainly always look really well. It has a good pay off to paint in yellow.
Mireadur

#865 Post by Mireadur »

Hey guys. some update on what im currently working. I painted another crew member of the big squiggoth and am working now on a squig herder unit. I finished all 12 squigs now. This coming week i will paint 9 goblins to finish the unit.

RE.Lee

Re: Mireadur's O&G log. Squig herders 16/10/16

#866 Post by RE.Lee »

Squiggs are done just in time for Halloween :D
cheers, Lee

tinman

#867 Post by tinman »

Things are looking great Mir! Congrats on the new addition to your family!!
How much wood can a woodchuck chuck??..
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#868 Post by Prince of Spires »

Looking great. Seems like you've shifted a bit from darker, more purple colors to more yellow / orange and lighter colors. Was that intentional or simply that you felt like painting lighter colors?

Rod

Check out my plog

Mireadur

#869 Post by Mireadur »

tinman wrote:Things are looking great Mir! Congrats on the new addition to your family!!
Hey,.. It took me a while to realize you meant about the squigs hehehe. :mrgreen:
Prince of Spires wrote:Looking great. Seems like you've shifted a bit from darker, more purple colors to more yellow / orange and lighter colors. Was that intentional or simply that you felt like painting lighter colors?

Rod
You mean the sguigs? umm well i painted them in the same colours as the squig hoppers really. Only differences were the red in these ones is not lighted to yellow but to white and the purple one is not dark purple but light purple.. Yellow is exactly the same colour but with less white and orange this time i think i got it much better than the previous experiment..

I shoulda painted 1 or 2 more in purple. as purple complements perfectly yellow, orange and red. But i didnt think about this until the last squig. My fault there. Original idea was to use a mix of yellow to red and hope for the unit to look similar as a whole, but in that respect failed and also ruled out purple until the last model where i realized about the problem.

EDIT: i finished these guys yeaah unit done in 2 weeks. Camera is horrible, sorry. I miss mi nokia.

Mireadur

Re: Mireadur's O&G log. River troll & savage orc boar 22/11/

#870 Post by Mireadur »

Hey guys, i painted 2 more models this month. a savage orc on boar and a river troll. The savage orc pictures are awful, but it looks really good IRL, and about the river troll i believe i did one of my best paint jobs ever, i spent a whole 15 hours painting this single model, so painting the all 3 in the box gonna be a long job. I used much more different tones on the skin than i normally do, including 3 different washes.

Anyway here are the pics.