a new army, but the undead?

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

ekalb

a new army, but the undead?

#1 Post by ekalb »

Yesterday my wife saw a very cute kitten and just needed it( as if all the other animals in my house, including a two year old human girl were not enough) so I proposed a solution that we both would prosper from. She can have the cat if I can have a new army (becuase 7 is just is not enough!).

And so now I am struggling with which one to start. What I am thinking about is doing an undead/whatever force so I get pretty much two for the price of one,this way I save on books, as I already have the vampire one, and also on models as I can mix up the bits and have whatever looking sekletons or skeleton looking whatevers.

But what do I couple this undead idea with? I already have high and dark elves so I don't need any more pointed ears, and the dwarfs are too short. So this leaves the wood elves who I plan on getting later and the human empires.

Brits would be easy and allow me to use an undead army built around black knights and skeleton infantry as well as the usual brit list of almost all knights with a few commonfolk to shoot a few flaming arrows.

The Empire is the home of some of the most famous vampire lords, and with knights being just as common they pretty much let me keep the same undead themed list as the brits do, although I find thier infantry to be much better in game terms but the models are not a good looking.

But either way I have a snag and that is where to get the undead bits. Zombies make for a good way to get an undead look to amy force but I want to use mostly skeletal bits, mainly skulls, and I dont have enough cash to just by a box for 35 just for the heads.

What do you guys think and do you have any ideas on how to go about this project? Also, do you know of anywhere they sell skulls that would fit brit or empire knights and infantry.
geoguswrek

Re: a new army, but the undead?

#2 Post by geoguswrek »

chaos/undead is an awesome look.
You use the really old chaos warriors, combined with skelie bits to make grave guard (and these are almost exactly what chosen would look like anyway)
marauder bits + skellie bits to give the skellies a marauder-y feel
dogs for dogs, daemon stuff for any fellbats. (i'd even be tempted by bat swarms, just for the flying nurglings!)
flamer spirit hosts (2-3 per base) or flamer wraiths, depending. Everything can be done pretty well. and it then gives you a lot of bits towards a daemon or chaos army, that looks really unique on the table.

Bret knights is a bit of a chore, but if you hollow out the helmets and file down the skellie heads, you can get them in without too much green stuff. i personally don't think the bret infantry models will lend themselves to skeleton infantry at all though, unless you just use M@A shields, banners etc in a skellie unit (honestly thats all skellies would have anyway), maybe give them spears and use the bret halberds?
problem is you don't have much options for the other stuff, other than to use models as is.
DAMN THE VENOM SWORD
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=44127