Warhost of Lileath

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Moofles

Warhost of Lileath

#1 Post by Moofles »

Hey everyone. this is the army i just recently finished after many hours of hard work.
my first army ive ever painted. i took it to a tourament yesterday, didnt do so hot because im a pretty new player but i had fun and thats what matters right?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38042758@N06/
Darvon

Re: Warhost of Lileath

#2 Post by Darvon »

Nice one, nothing fancy, but consitant and neat. I like it :)
Quivering

#3 Post by Quivering »

Hey, very nice and striking army. I really love the basing. =D>
Elanil

#4 Post by Elanil »

Loving it. As Quivering said, excellent basing. That shade of purple is really nice.
L.Phantom

#5 Post by L.Phantom »

Superb army man! A shame you didn't do so hot at the tourny... I'm newbie too with the HE and I will assist to my first tourny at the end of this month with a list similar to what I saw in your photos...

Can you share your army list please? You could also do a battle report in the battle report subforum to tell us your experience in the tourny, what army you play against, conclusions with what units did a good job and which ones fail :wink: .

Cheers guys.
Moofles

#6 Post by Moofles »

i got magiced to death. taking only 1 scroll caddy was deffinatly not enough. there is 2 mages in the picture but i only used one. also i rolled so many 1s and 2s it was ridiculous. the only time i rolled high was during fear tests to charge. my bolt throwers only landed maybe 5 wounds throughout 3 games. just really bad luck on my part but also no discredit to my opponents they were all far superior players to me.

im going to invest in some new dice for the next time i play. maybe are not balanced right or something.

over 25% of the armys at the tournament were vampires

game 1: vampires - got massacred
here i just got totaly outplayed and there was no way i could keep up with his magic phase.

game 2: empire - got massacred, lost the game on turn one.
worst luck of all time. my lvl 1 misscast his drain magic, roll on the chart. he gets to insta cast his d3 s4 no armor save magic missle at my knights. 6 wounds. 1 unit of knights vaporized. then on his turn irrisitable force magic missle on my other knights, kills 4 of the 5. my general got poped in the head with a cannon ball.
after all this i did what i could but in the end there wasnt much i could do. almost killed his war alter though.

game 3: lizzardmen - ended in a tie
my dice didnt do as bad this time and we were pretty equal level players. he had a slann wierd terrian placement i was able to avoid alot of his magic.
Elaithnir

#7 Post by Elaithnir »

I like it a lot. Favorite bit is the base on the one RBT with the shield and the sword leaned against the rock. Thinking of something similar for my new LSG army (if I ever get to it :(). Care to share how you did the bases?
Moofles

#8 Post by Moofles »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38042758@N ... otostream/
shows the entrenched RBT best. since i dont actually own a camera to take more pictures i can describe how i did them.

first just cut a circle base out of plasticard.
then i took 2 wine corks and went to town on them with a box cutter to make them look like broken pillars
around the base of the "pillars" i had found some plastic curtain rings for something my mom did, i have no clue what but they fit perfect around the corks.
glued the corks down and started working on the wood entrenchments
the pictures doesnt show it very well but theres actually a pretty nice retaining wall made out of the thin basswood stuff you can get at the local hobby shop (i think its for model rail roading).
i just cut random lengths of the wood and made it look like an old WW trench wall.
just tossed a bunch of rocks infront of the trench wall and thats about it.
archvile

#9 Post by archvile »

very nice, the colour scheme realy works! and that archmage is hot!
what's the story behind those DP's, are they from 5th edition?
Moofles

#10 Post by Moofles »

i believe they are from 5th possibly 4th. i baught a ton of models off a friend of a friend when i started warhammer. i have somewhere around 20 old dragon princes and even more of the old metal silver helms.
Toran

#11 Post by Toran »

oooo, good work with the RTB
No plan survives contact with the enemy
Si'anelle of Avelorn
Dreamer of Worlds

#12 Post by Si'anelle of Avelorn »

Amazing modelmaking. Good solid paintwork and your basing is stunning.
[img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/Sianelleofavelorn/Warhammer/webbanner.jpg[/img]