Arena Montreal - Armies (Fantasy) [Pic Heavy]

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Silver
Shiny and Polished

Arena Montreal - Armies (Fantasy) [Pic Heavy]

#1 Post by Silver »

Here's around half the armies that were present at the Arena tournament, haven't taken pictures of them all sadly, I was busy with the games after all!

~Omg~ Chaos Dwarves!

Oh hi there cheese! (Bloodthirster Belakor in this case, with 20 dogs, 6 flamers, some 50+ horrors, we lost to them by 3 points (302 Victory points, 3 away from a Draw).

The guy wasn't completely done with the painting but his empire army.. PIRATES! He is making it really good with the theme, especially the War altar (shipwreck or whatever, probably going to have some 'mist' around it)

A decent heavy magic army of Dark Elves, Tzeentch and Slaanesh.

Runner-up for Best presentation, most likely because of the Boar Boyz that don't fit with the rest... But the fillers and the Giant slipping on Beer (shiny puddle on the base) .. simply wow! Great work put in this army.

My friend's Dark Elves (old chaos hounds are 'counts as harpies', the unwinged ones are to rank em up in combat ;P )

My friend's Strigoi-style Vamps!

Best presentation Army, Chaos Mortals & Darkies

My army. Still need to work on those Dark Steeds to come out like the General's Dark Steed (less plain black, more greyish).
Kalandros Shadowsun
Prince Eldarion

Re: Arena Montreal - Armies (Fantasy) [Pic Heavy]

#2 Post by Prince Eldarion »

It’s great to see so many well painted and themed armies, The Empire pirate unit was my favourite!

Oh did you win?
[i][b]LORD COMMANDER ELDARION - WOLVES OF ULTHUAN[/b][/i]
[img]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s292/Eldarion_album/medz-7.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s292/Eldarion_album/wolvesofulthuanbanner.jpg[/img]
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#3 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

Very Nice.

The O&G - it's a shame when something like that ruins the rest of a really good army. But once their done it'll look fantastic - same for the Pirates.

OUt of interest, how do you work the hound/harpies as they have different base sizes?
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Silver
Shiny and Polished

#4 Post by Silver »

the hounds-harpies thing is probably a disadvantage for him more than anything, larger bases means more models can attack and if flanked then more can attack there also.

Also, I did not win, our list was balanced, against many powerful lists (especially Daemons) but we did not get Massacred once.

Massacre Win (against Empire-Chaos)
Minor Loss (against Daemons-Daemons)
Minor Loss (against Daemons-Dark Elves)
Draw (against Lizardmen-Dwarf gunline)
Solid Loss (against Daemons-Dark Elves)

We did pretty good for a balanced list in a tournament, next time I'll just bring out the big guns too, that seems to have been what most people had in their lists :[
Killed the Bloodthirster against double-demons on turn 6 in a single charge, was pretty damn nice.
Almost killed the Slann in a block of 25 Temple Guards that we reduced to 2 temple guards.
Badluck against both Daemons-Dark Elves army.
The Empire-Chaos guys were beginners and so we had a bit of an easy time and the scenario (Flank attack) screwed up the empire's deployment.
Kalandros Shadowsun
Lord Anathir

#5 Post by Lord Anathir »

you had some tough draws there.
For the dwarfs, there was only this. Hammerson met Grombrindal’s gaze, and the White Dwarf nodded slowly. If it must be done, let it be done well. Whether they were dead or alive, that was the only way dwarfs knew how to do anything.

And Grombrindal said "10 from the back, yeah?"
Darvon

#6 Post by Darvon »

Thanks for sharing the pics :)
ekalb

#7 Post by ekalb »

Long Live the Chaos Dwarves!!! I have always loved team tournies, and this one had a ton of really good looking armies to boot. Thanks for the pics.