New Player

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Aethyr

New Player

#1 Post by Aethyr »

Hi guys, im fairly new to Warhammer and decided it was time to try tackling my Prince. Im looking for a guide or tips in painting Elf faces better etc, heres my progress thus far after a few hours.
Aethyr

#2 Post by Aethyr »

Well, no replies, so not too promising :P None the less, heres the rest of him. Still goin to do my best to add some more touch ups etc.

Image[/img]
Quasidemon

#3 Post by Quasidemon »

I think he looks excellent! The cloak looks very nice too. Now give him a fitting base for a leader. :)
Pebl123

#4 Post by Pebl123 »

I can't really give you much advice opn faces but what I will say is that I really like how you've positioned the wings onto the helm, nice!
[img]http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk3/Pebl123/MageKnightGuildLogoColouredh.jpg[/img]
choclatecruncher16

#5 Post by choclatecruncher16 »

your new to warhammer? well your minis sure do look a hell of a lot better than when i first started. for painting faces you could try this tutorial
http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=99163
one of the bottom faces has a fairly elven tone to it, but falling that just lighten up the tones used on the example.

i also like the positioning of the wings on the helm, he just needs a equally cool base. on a side note maybe a wash for the armour and it will look even more awsome.

hope this helps a bit.
[color=#0080BF]"I shall not give up a single scrap of Ulthuan without an entire ocean of druchii blood spilled in its name!"[/color]
[color=#0080BF]Tyrion-Sons of Ellyrion[/color]
Total scores with high elves since start of 2009.
W/ D /L
49 19 18
Aethyr

#6 Post by Aethyr »

I think i'll get new paints for the faces. I first bought a regiment of spearmen about 6 years ago or so, but never painted them and the paints sat. I'm still using them, but they're probably no good compared to some new ones. I've just been adding water to the pots and shaking them.

Thanks for the link, i'm going to check it out.

Damn elf faces r so small on spearmen! Got about 7 more to paint up (out of 46) before i move onto my Swordmasters, their faces look larger so maybe i'll have better luck there. :)

P.S. I'll try chasin up some nice resin bases for my hero :)

Thanks for replies guys.