Dungeons and dragons miniatures

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Chracian

Dungeons and dragons miniatures

#1 Post by Chracian »

I know this may seem like a daft question, but what scale are DnD miniatures, i.e. could they be used in warhammer? My local shop doesn't stock them, so I haven't seen one in real life. The eagle, for example, is £4 on ebay, but is it too small?

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mg/nb
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
— Terry Pratchett
Raukov

#2 Post by Raukov »

Scale's all over the place, some will gel fine with WHFB, some will be too big, some will be too small.

The more pressing concern should be the quality, which ranges from "passable" to "utter shite" and gravitates toward the latter end of the spectrum.
[size=75][b]Azreghai Wormkin, Ghöl of the North, Eater of the Dead, Plague-Wight of Onogal[/b]

30/4/5 : 387 kills

[i]Maggot Fetus, rapture of the conqueror worm,
Blackest Venom, the ghost in the carcass womb
Teeth like thorns, carrier of plague and filth
Spine crawler, plague-bearing virus-child[/size][/i]
VladimirDeathblade

#3 Post by VladimirDeathblade »

And plus they are made from that horrible bendy plastic that makes all the swords droop. For an eagle if it's roughly he right size, the scale isn't too important, as it is after all a fantasy creature!

It is almost certainly a nasty model, although they do come up with some good designs every now and then.
Si'anelle of Avelorn
Dreamer of Worlds

#4 Post by Si'anelle of Avelorn »

Some D&D figures are really good. Most of my Orc regiments are made up of D&D Orcs; - a little paint detailing, base them up and they were good to go. Hot water is your friend for straightening out weapons :D

I have a D&D 'Treeant' which is a very impressive large Treeman figure and I really like it.

[img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/Sianelleofavelorn/Warhammer/webbanner.jpg[/img]