Chrace themed Sword Masters

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

LionHeart

Chrace themed Sword Masters

#1 Post by LionHeart »

I'm working up a Charace themed army... but I need to fit in two small units of Sword Masters... and want to model them to fit with the theme and not be confused with any other unit. I don't mind using alternative miniatures and am wondering if in the vast knowledge that is Ulthuan, if someone has an idea?
choclatecruncher16

#2 Post by choclatecruncher16 »

well for alternate minatures i have no idea, but for conversions why not model on some lion clocks onto their back. if you want to go one further cut of the sword blades and turn them into axes. followed with a typical charace colour scheme that includes green, it might work. just an idea.
Happy Scrappy Hero Pup

#3 Post by Happy Scrappy Hero Pup »

I have SMs in my 'chrace-themed' list (though its evolved quite a ways since its original inception), but I just gave them the same color scheme. I think for this kind of stuff, you need to be careful about proxying too much in the name of theme.

For instance, here's my WLs

And here's some of the SMs

Elanil

#4 Post by Elanil »

I think in the fluff swordmasters roam around a lot hunting the cult of pleasure, so they kind of fit into every army...

Still, alternate models with axes instead of swords would be pretty cool, as long as they don't look too much like white lions. It'd be a fine line, I think...
LionHeart

How about

#5 Post by LionHeart »

I was thinking of using Rackam's Paladins from the Lion faction. They have Lion themed armor, pointed helms. I haven't seen them in person, but they might work..
Kelorion

Re: How about

#6 Post by Kelorion »

LionHeart wrote:I was thinking of using Rackam's Paladins from the Lion faction. They have Lion themed armor, pointed helms. I haven't seen them in person, but they might work..
I own almost all of those minis. Beware because they are not the same size and proportions like GW minis, they are more slender built and taller. Of course they are beautiful miniatures with much detail to them.

@Happy Scrappy Hero Pup: Hmm... I don't know, but from your pictures your minis give me more of a Caledorian feel than a Chracian one.
[img]http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/12773xsl7R/1042373.jpg[/img]
LionHeart

confrontation

#7 Post by LionHeart »

Yes, you are indeed right. They are considerably taller than spearmen or archers. Near the White Lions they don't look quite so bad, mostly it is the illusion of height created by the raised axes.
I think they look good though and will give them a roll
redarmy27

#8 Post by redarmy27 »

Hey there, great work on your army so far. While blue is my favorite color, I'm so sick of seeing blue high elf armies! Good work on your troops.

Jake
My blog: http://redarmystudios.blogspot.com/
If you're interested, feel free to contact me about commission work!

The Host is growing! *cackle*: http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=627074#627074
Happy Scrappy Hero Pup

Re: How about

#9 Post by Happy Scrappy Hero Pup »

Kelorion wrote: @Happy Scrappy Hero Pup: Hmm... I don't know, but from your pictures your minis give me more of a Caledorian feel than a Chracian one.
Funny you should say that - the army started completely themed on Chrace and has slowly evolved to be more 'caledorian,' i.e. adding in dragons and dragon princes. But if you're referring to the color choices, we'll just have to agree to disagree :)