Snow Bases vs Grass Board

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Lord Anathir

Snow Bases vs Grass Board

#1 Post by Lord Anathir »

So, I'm thinking of basing my next High Elf army with snow. I'm wondering if snow based models look out of place on a grass board. Any comments? Pictures appreciated.
For the dwarfs, there was only this. Hammerson met Grombrindal’s gaze, and the White Dwarf nodded slowly. If it must be done, let it be done well. Whether they were dead or alive, that was the only way dwarfs knew how to do anything.

And Grombrindal said "10 from the back, yeah?"
Elanil

#2 Post by Elanil »

My buddy's Dark Elves are based with a mountain/snow theme. They do look out of place on a grass table, but it obviously doesn't impede gameplay. Unique basing is also really characterful, and I think that far outweighs the negatives of playing with snow bases on a grass board.
Lord Anathir

#3 Post by Lord Anathir »

mmm. yeah I guess snow bases are out of the question then. I want something that looks nice but doesnt look like it doesn't belong on the tabletop.
For the dwarfs, there was only this. Hammerson met Grombrindal’s gaze, and the White Dwarf nodded slowly. If it must be done, let it be done well. Whether they were dead or alive, that was the only way dwarfs knew how to do anything.

Si'anelle of Avelorn
Dreamer of Worlds

#4 Post by Si'anelle of Avelorn »

Nothing for it but to have a sudden snow storm on the grassy topped gaming table :D :wink:
[img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/Sianelleofavelorn/Warhammer/webbanner.jpg[/img]
Lord Anathir

#5 Post by Lord Anathir »

this thread is null because I decided my last army was a good basis painting wise and I'm just going to pick and chose the better units (my helms, swords, rbt and heros), replace the rest (spears, archers, shadow warriors, chariots) and add on to it. My last army was standard soil and static grass basing, very neat but nothing special.